N-Europe

Nintendo Land

Retro_Link

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the internet is complaining...saying it looks like a $0.99 iOS game -_-

Thankfully they've been largely proven to know jack shit about Nintendo's (and the rest of the industry's) fate.

By and large as a collective, they also can't see game design for what it is if it came up to them and slapped them in the face (see all those who think that all 2D platformers should be cheap download titles, or those who think that the NSMB games do nothing new or innovative while wanking over the latest Mass Effect or Uncharted/Last of Us/Uncharted Clone)

Best thing to do is take it with a good laugh, I always find their pissant and two faced comments to be quite funny actually :laughing:

- random "games" or activities that you can play outside of the big theme parks

Excellent! I was hoping they'd do this. That hub looked far too good to be wasted on being a simple game selection screen!

Really looking forward to seeing what they do with it! :D

Edited by Dcubed

By and large as a collective, they also can't see game design for what it is if it came up to them and slapped them in the face (see all those who think that all 2D platformers should be cheap download titles, or those who think that the NSMB games do nothing new or innovative while wanking over the latest Mass Effect or Uncharted/Last of Us/Uncharted Clone)

Best thing to do is take it with a good laugh, I always find their pissant and two faced comments to be quite funny actually :laughing:

I'm confused about this statement. You complain about people dismissing NSMB for not being innovative, yet mention three pretty unique franchises which haven't been cloned yet. While the new Star Trek game looks like it's influenced by Mass Effect, and the same can be said for Tomb Raider and Star Wars 1313 in relation to Uncharted, they still look pretty different, too. And The Last of Us is very different to Uncharted.

I'm confused about this statement. You complain about people dismissing NSMB for not being innovative, yet mention three pretty unique franchises which haven't been cloned yet. While the new Star Trek game looks like it's influenced by Mass Effect, and the same can be said for Tomb Raider and Star Wars 1313 in relation to Uncharted, they still look pretty different, too. And The Last of Us is very different to Uncharted.

Did you fall asleep during E3 where every single game shown was some sort of Uncharted clone?

P.S don't take my comment at face value, it's purposely flippant for S&Gs sake (I know that they're not all exactly the same) and we're veering off topic anyway.

Let's face it, we all want to dress our Miis up in a Power Suit!! :laughing:

Personally, I don't want to see a Mii in any game ever again, except for perhaps a secondary option, like in Mario Kart 7.

Grumpyness aside, Metroid Blast looks like it could turn out to be at least a bit of fun. Unlike anything in Wii Play or Wii Sports, this feels like a proper game. I hope that if you'll have an ME3 save file or something, you'll be able to put your Mii in an N7 uniform :awesome:

Personally, I don't want to see a Mii in any game ever again, except for perhaps a secondary option, like in Mario Kart 7.

Grumpyness aside, Metroid Blast looks like it could turn out to be at least a bit of fun. Unlike anything in Wii Play or Wii Sports, this feels like a proper game. I hope that if you'll have an ME3 save file or something, you'll be able to put your Mii in an N7 uniform :awesome:

You just said you don't want to see Mii's used ever again, only to then get excited about dressing them up in ME3 gear! :p

I'm still a bit gutted that this isn't online. I don't have the luxury of playing locally with mates so i'm gonna miss out on a lot of multiplayer fun with this.
This.

Let's face it, we all want to dress our Miis up in a Power Suit!! :laughing:

Haha! Well i've already done that in Animal Crossing: Let's go to the city, but with the Varia Suit!

On a related note, our website put together a preview on Metroid Blast with everything we know so far. We're still adding to it, but feel free to check it out!

http://www.shinesparkers.net/metroid-blast-preview

Edited by Darren
Saw an opportunity to promote the site, did so, FEELING GOOD BRO

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!