N-Europe

Nintendo Land

Retro_Link

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you must hate the cross bow bits in Zelda then?

I don't mind that as much. I think it's because I'm not moving with the left stick. It's far too programmed into me, move with the left stick, aim with the right from pretty much every FPS and flying game I've played. I find this to be awkward but I admit I've not played it much. To be honest, I'm not too keen on the Zelda one either, not because of the controls but I just find it boring.

I'm still waiting for an opportunity to play the multiplayer games. They taunt me as I run past them, knowing I cannot play them until I have friends :P

I've mainly been playing Pkimin which is making the wait for Pikmin 3 a bit easier. I've just finished the 9 level, the boss was really awesome. I've also been playing the F-Zero game, getting further and further each time, the last few areas are a bitch though.

I haven't been able to properly sink my teeth into this yet, but the games I have played have been really enjoyable. I haven't even tried METROID BLAST yet but from what I've heard I've got a lot to look forward to :D

I love unlocking random things for the park, my favourite so far being the great deku tree. Though I think someone should introduce Monita to Logbox from Banjo Nuts and Bolts

Banjo-Kazooie_N%26B_Mario.png

EDIT: In fact, both games are really similar in terms of style with the mix of fabric and... lots of robots.

banjo_kazooie_3_threeie1.jpg

I haven't been able to properly sink my teeth into this yet, but the games I have played have been really enjoyable. I haven't even tried METROID BLAST yet but from what I've heard I've got a lot to look forward to :D

I love unlocking random things for the park, my favourite so far being the great deku tree. Though I think someone should introduce Monita to Logbox from Banjo Nuts and Bolts

Banjo-Kazooie_N%26B_Mario.png

EDIT: In fact, both games are really similar in terms of style with the mix of fabric and... lots of robots.

banjo_kazooie_3_threeie1.jpg

Yup. Been saying as much on Miiverse. BK N&B and L.O.G is the first thing I thought of when I first saw Monita and stepped into the plaza.

I know I posted this in MiiVerse; but was it just me not knowing, that you can hunt down the Mii's on the left of your TV screen (i.e.: 'Newcomer', 'Millionaire' etc.) and when you find them you get a few coins!

Sooo many things to discover!

Edited by Phube

I know I posted this in MiiVerse, but was it just me not knowing, but you can hunt down the Mii's on the left f your TV screen (i.e.: 'Newcomer', 'Millionaire' etc.) and when you find them you get a few coins!

I did wonder why those people were there and I couldn't do anything with them. Obviously I could. Thanks. :)

I know I posted this in MiiVerse; but was it just me not knowing, that you can hunt down the Mii's on the left of your TV screen (i.e.: 'Newcomer', 'Millionaire' etc.) and when you find them you get a few coins!

I didn't know this until I was randomly jumping into people and l got coins! Love this game

I collected my final star last night and beat the game. :smile:

The ending/staff credits sequence is amazing! I was grinning like a maniac the entire time, pure Nintendo magic. :love:

My overall playtime is just over 40 hours, and there's still loads left to do!

If anyone dismissed this a simplistic or insubstantial mini-game collection (and I'm sure that some did) they made a big mistake. Not only is there loads of content, the extra/advanced stages (that open up after clearing each attraction) are incredibly tough! :awesome: To fully complete Nintendo Land 100%, with all stamps/platinum trophies is no mean feat. I've managed to get all the platinum trophies, but can't see myself getting all the stamps...

Will certainly keep trying though. ;)

Thanks for sharing RS.

Loving this game too. It's the perfect game to just dip into or spend hours playing. I really enjoy it alone and with friends. It's pure Nintendo magic and a sign of where they've come. Can't wait to see if they release any DLC for it. And that theme tune is addictive as hell. A real ear worm!

I've only got 67 prizes! Booo! I had 494 coins last night and won just 26 prizes with them! I did pretty crap, everything seemed to go the wrong way for me in those stupid games :(

On the plus side I finally got a gold medal and star for Captain Falcon's Twister Race and I bear Gannon in Zelda Battle Quest. So overall a productive night!

Why is there no online multiplayer?

Katsuya Eguchi (Producer):

"Nintendo Land's multiplayer attractions work because of the communication shared between the people playing them, They were set up from the start to be something people in the same room could enjoy."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-12-nintendo-land-devs-explain-lack-of-online-support

I had 494 coins last night and won just 26 prizes with them!
Just 26? :blank: That's actually a good number of prizes for that amount of coins. icon14.gif

The best I ever managed was 27 from 500.

I miss winning prizes on my game now. :( Hopefully Nintendo will add some more via DLC... Not sure where they'd fit in the plaza though. :heh:

Why is there no online multiplayer?

Katsuya Eguchi (Producer):

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-12-nintendo-land-devs-explain-lack-of-online-support

While I completely get where they're coming from with this, they shouldn't use it as a reason to dismiss online play.

Online multiplayer (these days) should always at least be made available as an option.

Edited by RedShell

Has anyone else here played the advanced stages on Metroid Blast? In particular...

...The one where you fight Ice Ridley!?

:o

Man, what a stage that was! Talk about epic, and seriously tough too. :awesome: Took me a few goes to beat, also had to use Monita's support item. :heh:

...I really wasn't expecting Nintendo Land to feature such challenging gameplay! :eek:

Fantastic stuff. icon14.gif

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!