Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Pikmin 3

Retro_Link

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the probable best games of the Wii U's life span is almost here.

Jeez, I thought you were the one complaining about negativity earlier! ;)

It's currently £32 on amazon! Couldn't resist at that price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00844Q5LW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hnnggg. Tempted! I've just spent £15 in the steam sale...and £2 on yet ANOTHER 3DS charger due to my specialness. Le sigh.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Genuine question for people: Is anyone else surprised that this isn't more different to the originals from a mechanics and gameplay point of view?

Not really. I mean the second game got rid of the time limit, added Pikmin and added the caves but it played just like the original. I think it's a case of if it isn't broke then don't fix it. This game just seems to expand on the second game and add a serious amount of polish to it.

Not really. I mean the second game got rid of the time limit, added Pikmin and added the caves but it played just like the original. I think it's a case of if it isn't broke then don't fix it. This game just seems to expand on the second game and add a serious amount of polish to it.

I was just thinking from a development length point of view.

People have already talked about Pikmin fatigue here and I had the opportunity to play both of the originals back to back but stopped after number 1 as it seemed like more of the same. Same feeling about this for me at the moment.

I was just thinking from a development length point of view.

Ah, I see. Yeah, when you look at it like that then you would think that there would be a little more to it.

To be fair, didn't it have something stupid like only 3 people working on it at the start of development?

I never really got on with NintendoLand but with Pikmin 3 launching hardcecided to fire it up and play through the Pikmin game. I finished all the normal levels last night and have the extra ones unlocked and ready to play now.

Same. Even though I've almost got all plats on metroid including the advanced levels, which are double hardcore bastard to achieve, I can't figure out how to get plat on the 2nd level on Pikmin yet! Freaky.

I'm not buying this unless i find out there's more to collect than fruit. I mean seriously, if that's the case... what the fuck were they thinking?? :o Another Ninty WTF moment.

Personally I'm just happy that we're getting another Pikmin game :) though I do get where you're coming from... I'm guessing - like me - you were a fan of Pikmin 2 partially because of its rather eclectic mix of items to acquire but more because of the always entertaining item descriptions. :D

If that's the case then I totally understand but I'm still reasonably happy to be just collecting fruit/food this time around, especially as it always looks good in 'Ayyyyche Deeee!' :grin: but seriously... I genuinely can't wait for Pikmin 3! : peace:

Personally I'm just happy that we're getting another Pikmin game :) though I do get where you're coming from... I'm guessing - like me - you were a fan of Pikmin 2 partially because of its rather eclectic mix of items to acquire but more because of the always entertaining item descriptions. :D

If that's the case then I totally understand but I'm still reasonably happy to be just collecting fruit/food this time around, especially as it always looks good in 'Ayyyyche Deeee!' :grin: but seriously... I genuinely can't wait for Pikmin 3! : peace:

I know i'll end up buying it anyway, regardless. But it's just such a missed opportunity if they only have fruit!! And yeah that was the most fun part of Pikmin 2 for me, the surprise of what would pop out of the ground when you ordered your pikmin to dig. Could be false teeth, could be a fried egg! I loved dat about Pikmin 2.

Genuine question for people: Is anyone else surprised that this isn't more different to the originals from a mechanics and gameplay point of view?

Not much, I've constantly expressed a disappointment in the length of time for the game to arrive since Pikmin 2(and since apparent 'launch window'), given the apparent lack of groundbreaking new features and whatnot.

I'm not buying this unless i find out there's more to collect than fruit. I mean seriously, if that's the case... what the fuck were they thinking?? :o Another Ninty WTF moment.

Personally I don't believe this can possibly be the actual case. There was a ton of charm locked up in the real life objects you collected in the first two and the creative names that were given to them! There might be some interesting fruit names too, though.

Ok if it turns out there's a pancake to collect then i'll buy it.

I do kinda love the idea of having to mobilise all your pikmin to carry this giant(to them) pancake across the map.

Check out Rich's (IGN) fantastic preview.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/11/the-savage-twisted-world-of-pikmin-3

Also livestream from NeoGAF's Cheesemeister.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/cheesemeister3k?utm_campaign=t.co&utm_source=15183283&utm_medium=social

Edited by -Dem0-

I'm wondering about playing Pikmin 2 at some point, but I'm not sure if it's necessary.

I actually planned on skipping Pikmin 3 until I had time to play the other two games first (haven't touched the series), but everything that I've seen of this game is practically forcing me to get it and play it regardless.

Speaking of Pikmin 2 I actually started playing it tonight after finishing the original Pikmin the other night... I've literally only just started it as in I have a save file and I've got through the first day but that's it, I was too tired to continue playing but I intend to complete it before Pikmin 3 comes out and I would urge anyone else who has the game to do the same. :D

Speaking of Pikmin 2 I actually started playing it tonight after finishing the original Pikmin the other night... I've literally only just started it as in I have a save file and I've got through the first day but that's it, I was too tired to continue playing but I intend to complete it before Pikmin 3 comes out and I would urge anyone else who has the game to do the same. :D

Hmm.. I have it on Wii and have been considering what to play since beating the World Circuit in Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast.

Maybe Pikmin 2 is the answer :hehe: I've only ever played it for a few days but I generally enjoyed the original Pikmin on GC last year so I hope I can feel some of that joy again and actually get me excited for Pikmin 3 :eek: