N-Europe

DC Cinematic Universe Discussion

ReZourceman

Watched Shazam on Saturday. I really enjoyed it, even if my wife was a bit lukewarm about it. 

It was really pleasing that the majority of it hadn't been included in the trailers at all, so most of it was a surprise (admittedly i knew nothing about the superhero, or the premise beforehand other than Chuck was in it, and therefore it would be great).

It was a bit slow to get going, but didn't feel too long, and the last 20 mins were great. It was one of those films where the sequel looks like it might be better than the first one though. 

• 1 month later...
Pattinson as Batman is a very big surprise (though it was hinted at earlier). And not a pleasant one - I don't see it. He needs to bulk quite a bit for the role for one thing.
robert-pattinson-working-out-beach-muscles-body-shirtless-03.jpg?resize=1200%2C1200&ssl=1

This guy? He's not that tiny.

• 4 months later...

I really hope that it's just a bad trailer because that focussed way too much on Harley Quinn and the other Birds of Prey seem pointless. At the moment it looks bad to me.

To be honest it never should have been a Bird's of Prey movie as that's not a Harley Quinn thing. Would have been much better as Gotham City Sirens with Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and Catwoman.

• 2 months later...

Thought the first one was total crap, couldn't understand what the hype was about. Can't say I'm that excited about this one either (apart from the potential for a bitching soundtrack). 

It was my hope that they would try to blend in more of the mythological elements like they've done in recent runs of the comics, and not just pay lip service to them like the last one. They'd need some imagination for that though, something the first showed no evidence of.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Best I can hope for is that it shuts everyone up moaning for it.....but it won't.

It's the DC's Brexit. There's always going to be unhappy people.

More details, including it possibly being released episodically, are here: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/justice-league-snyder-cut-plans-revealed-it-will-be-an-new-thing-1295102

• 2 months later...