Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been playing the hell out of this ( 360 version ) over the past two days. I picked it up at 6pm Friday and now im already level 47, and that's without the double xp that's being offered. I didn't get the bonus due to not preordering.

My fave map so far is the Ship level, I think it's called Hijack. I'm not a fan of Yemen or the plane crash site level as you get too many people sniping and camping. I hate playing against campers which is why I love playing Kill Confirmed, as it forces you to run around and collect the tags.

I'm enjoying it so much that I may double dip and snap up the Wii U version as well, just to see how it compares.

Sounds like they've got no intentions or trying the Wiimote setup. I think they mentioned their office wifi is 'on fire'... must be American for shit?

They're trying out the TV uPad split screen now.

EDIT - So it looks like they were in an online lobby. Two people local online off the same console. That's pretty epic. They said they were impressed. Noticed a slight framerate drop in this mode but nothing worrying.

If that's true and two people can go online, one on the pad and one on the TV, that's amazing!

This all points to the Wii U version being the definitive version.

Giantbomb having 'no intention' of trying the Wii Remote aiming is not surprising in the slightest. I have no love what-so-ever for that site and find them to have their heads up their own arses.

If that's true and two people can go online, one on the pad and one on the TV, that's amazing!

This all points to the Wii U version being the definitive version.

Giantbomb having 'no intention' of trying the Wii Remote aiming is not surprising in the slightest. I have no love what-so-ever for that site and find them to have their heads up their own arses.

But in fairness you have to give them good props for all these live streams.

(I got back on the stream BTW :D)

Seeing how to set up an account now will be very handy info to have when I get my Wii U and know what I'm doing right away :D

How is COD with the wiimote?

never played the wii versions and wondering how good it is as I may not like the Wii U gamepad controls.

Fully customisable. I game with both dual analogue and Wiimote and whereas each has advantages over the other in some cases, I'd definitely say that the Wiimote confers the greater advantage.

Best console FPS controls without doubt in my eyes!

Also, if that's true that 2 people off the same console can go online, each with their own screen, that is bloody epic!

Fully customisable. I game with both dual analogue and Wiimote and whereas each has advantages over the other in some cases, I'd definitely say that the Wiimote confers the greater advantage.

Best console FPS controls without doubt in my eyes!

Also, if that's true that 2 people off the same console can go online, each with their own screen, that is bloody epic!

cool, thanks for that.

well as long as its busy online then thats all good. :bouncy:

I thought there was a video of two people playing online together on the Wii U version ages ago.

No, that was local multiplayer. I don't think they ever said if you could go online that way too, although I had always hoped you could but didn't think they'd do it.

I thought there was a video of two people playing online together on the Wii U version ages ago.

Activision showed the first Black Ops 2 WiiU splitscreen footage a while ago. I'm not sure it was online, but I think I do remember there being a mention of online co-op gameplay. 2 players; one on the TV and the other on the Gamepad.

EDIT:

This was the WiiU reveal, they're playing splits-screen in Combat Training. I believe Combat Training is a part of the online multiplayer mode, am I right?

Edited by -Dem0-

Ubisoft showed the first Black Ops 2 WiiU splitscreen footage a while ago. I'm not sure it was online, but I think I do remember there being a mention of online co-op gameplay. 2 players; one on the TV and the other on the Gamepad.

EDIT:

This was the WiiU reveal, they're playing splits-screen in Combat Training.

Ubisoft? Don't you mean Activision..? :p

I guess the Wii U just isn't good to develop for. :sad:

Yes, day one releases will often have technical issues. It's when those issues persist 6 years into a console's lifespan that you start to worry!

Woops, sorry. Too much ZombiU in my head.

EDIT: Comparison. WiiU vs PS3/360/PC

Don't know how PC has been grouped with the 360 & PS3, probably been dumbed down a bit.

This comparrision is rather meaningless, the Wii U version looks fine. But you need to compare all 4 side by side. How anyone can group the PS3 and 360 versions together is beyond me, you can see the differences between PS3, 360 and PC versions here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-on-console

Woops, sorry. Too much ZombiU in my head.

EDIT: Comparison. WiiU vs PS3/360/PC

Don't know how PC has been grouped with the 360 & PS3, probably been dumbed down a bit.

It's a bit daft because there's only one video compared so can only be one of them! haha

He adds an annotation saying "not inc PC version" or something at the top.

I think that's probably the PS3 version, purely because you can see the textures on the WiiU version are a lot clearer and sharper. From what I know the PS3 version is sub HD resolution, and the WiiU/360 versions are 720p upscaled... and the difference in textures mentioned here would account for that.

Still, would be nice to compare it to the 360 version.

How come lots of americans have this and we still don't know if it holds up?!

I think that given the time it has been taking people to download the update the WiiU a lot of people won't have played much of this as of yet. Or at least not enough to give informed impressions.

Plus, the uptake for the game won't be as big as it could've been because people will have been budgeting for the console itself and so they'd not pick up some games immediately and may puck them up at a later date.