NEurope
Zechs Merquise

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Here it is, the debut trailer for Black Ops 2!

The game is set in the future, Woods from Black Ops actually survived and is still alive in this game, the setting looks to be the US.

No mention of platforms yet, but I'm hoping this will be on WiiU!

Edited by Retro_Link

Dedicated Wii forum for Black Ops 2 at the official Call of Duty community :-

Link

Wonder if it's a mistake - there wasn't a MW3 Wii forum there that early last year no? - or if they will add a 'U' to the forum header come next month?

I can only imagine that a Wii U version is NDA'd until E3. If Nintendo or Activision doesn't announce it next month, then assume there isn't one on the cards.

It would be odd to have a Wii U version AND a Wii version, but the Wii versions have always been reliable money makers, and seeing as the transition to Wii U would have only just begun at the end of this year, another Wii CoD is still likely free cash as far as Activision is concerned.

Part of interview with Mark Lamia.

A portion of a PressFire interview with Treyarch boss Mark Lamia...

PressFire: Do you have a release date?

Lamia: November 13th

PressFire: That's around the same time as the Wii U launch, isn’t it?

Lamia: (smirks) It is... That’s what I hear, rumor-wise. I don’t think they’ve announced a launch date for the Wii U though?

PressFire: They said before christmas? But that overwatch mode, on the Wii U pad ...it seems kind of obvious?

Lamia: (laughs) Do you want a job in game design?

PressFire: (laughs) So is there a Wii U version coming?

Lamia: Ah! We’re not.. we’re only talking about the other platforms at this time.

PressFire: I know.

Lamia: But here’s what I can tell you: Treyarch has a long tradition of working on the Nintendo platforms. A long tradition.

PressFire: That’s right, you did the Wii versions of the Modern Warfare games.

Lamia: Uh huh, and the Wii versions of all our Call of Duty titles. And we made the GameCube version of Big Red One. And the Wii version of Spiderman Web of Shadows. We have a lot of experience on the Wii and on the Nintendo platforms. So yeah, we enjoy the Nintendo Wii. We enjoy working on that.

An exclusive BO2 for the wii u? I might hold out until then otherwise I will just get it for my ps3

Mark Lamia and the Treyarch team are a really great bunch. They never put Nintendo down and always make reference to Nintendo versions. I remember in the Black Ops dev cycle they did a special interview revealing the headset and other Nintendo features, then the lady in charge did a full written piece in the run up to release. They really have a lot of respect for the people who buy their products.

I was so happy when I found out that the original Black Ops was set during the cold war.

When I saw this trailer, I realised that this game is a must NOT buy.

I was so happy when I found out that the original Black Ops was set during the cold war.

When I saw this trailer, I realised that this game is a must NOT buy.

That's a bit harsh! I do like the cold war setting of the original, it felt fresh and the story was engaging. I'll have to see how this game develops, we've only seen the first trailer so far. Good to see Woods made it, how he made it though is another thing!

I had no idea the original Black Ops was set in the cold war. I just assumed it was now/very near future.

Looks like it's happening on the WiiU after all - panic over people:

http://www.n-europe.com/news/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-heading-to-wii-u-says-nintendo-gamer

Despite not showing much support for Wii U at E3, Activision looks set to bring its biggest franchise to Nintendo's new system this year. The pages of the latest Nintendo Gamer (via Eurogamer) feature a full preview of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, though offers no specific Wii U version details - just that it's coming.

Activision has not officially confirmed Black Ops 2 on Wii U, but the publisher was coy on the subject upon being asked about it last week. Developer Treyarch has also dropped hints on the matter, reiterating its enjoyment of working on Nintendo platforms.

Black Ops 2 is due out on other consoles this November.

For the record, I was not worried about this, it was obvious it would happen :)

Let's hope it looks AT LEAST as good as the other versions and has some nice tablet functionality. Still think just losing the HUD will be great, so the screen is pure visuals and your stuff is on the bottom.

Let's hope it looks AT LEAST as good as the other versions and has some nice tablet functionality. Still think just losing the HUD will be great, so the screen is pure visuals and your stuff is on the bottom.

If you've seen the comparrison vids floating around of AC3 on the WiiU, it clearly looks like the best version.

In-depth Multiplayer Trailer analysis... good watch, if a little long.

Edited by Kav

Wow, that looks great. love it that diving is back in and I really like the deployable riot shield you can shoot through, locking down an area will be easy as pie with that!

Just imagine if this never actually came out for the wii u

I'd cry. I'd fucking cry man!

I'm pretty sure it will though. The rest came out on the Wii, with the exception of MW2. Treyarch have been good when it comes to Nintendo!

Just imagine if this never actually came out for the wii u

Worse case scenario, I buy it for the 360.

If Nintendo want the best possible launch for the Wii U, it needs to be on sale before November 13th (Black Ops 2 release date)

If the Wii U version is released 2-3 weeks after the other versions = EPIC FAIL

The game will have sold 4-5 million on the other consoles by then.

Look, they've basically given the nod that this is coming our way, stop panicking people!

Nobody is panicking.

It would be funny though if the Wii U didn't get Black Ops 2 but instead got a port of the Vita game Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified.

Nobody is panicking.

It would be funny though if the Wii U didn't get Black Ops 2 but instead got a port of the Vita game Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified.

I was talking to an employee at GAME on Saturday about the Wii U, and I said that I hoped BO2 would be there at launch alongside Rayman, ZombiU and Mario etc. She smiled and said COD would be coming, but it wouldn't be BO2, but a spin off/port of another COD title. :indeed: So if that does indeed happen, you heard it here first!

I'm 90% confident we'll see Black Ops 2 released on Wii U or even Wii at the end of the year, but if not, I won't be too bothered as I'll have plenty of other Wii U and 3DS games to play.

Black Ops 2 Wii U

While many of the previous major entries in the Call of Duty series did appear on the Wii aside their high-def counterpart, it has been unclear as to whether or not Activision plans to release the upcoming Black Ops 2 on the Wii U. Now, a shopper at Best Buy has spotted a major hint towards the existence of that particular version.

Among preorder tags for the game at one store were slips specifically labeled with the Wii U logo. While nothing official has been announced yet by Activision regarding this discovery, the Best Buy employee who made the cards has let info slip that the barcodes on the slips do definitely go towards the pre-purchase of a Wii U version, and that SKUs for the game do exist in the store system.

Having a Call of Duty game that is equal in graphical horsepower compared to Microsoft and Sony could be a major win for Nintendo, and it only makes sense that Activision wants to continue making their most successful series available to as many consumers as possible with the release of Black Ops 2.

Nothing is confirmed as of yet, but we will keep you updated as this story develops.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/news/black-ops-2-headed-wii/