N-Europe

Pokémon Dream Radar

Hero-of-Time

Announced at Nintendo Direct.

3DS owners can play Pokemon Black & White 2 via the system's backwards compatibility support. But those who want a full 3DS experience also have some related games and apps to look forward to.

As part of today's Nintendo Direct broadcast, Nintendo a downloadable 3DS app that will make your Black & White 2 experience more enjoyable.

Pokemon AR Searcher is an AR shooting game. Pokemon that you catch in this app can be carried over to Black & White 2. Pokemon AR Searcher will be released through the e-Shop opposite Black & White 2 on June 23, priced ¥300.

jOdSw.jpg

Kind of a spiritual successor to Pokemon Snap. :hehe:

OH CRAP! I didn't even notice that! (seriously I should go have some breakfast now!) If the AR Searcher gives you the opportunity of catching every single Pokemon, that means that any Pokemon you catch could also be in B & W 2! so does that mean the 300 Pokemon in B & W 2 are until a certain point? e.g. complete the story etc then you now have access to the full library of Pokemon?

Even if that's not the case I still think it will be great that you can transfer Pokemon you catch in the AR Searcher and transfer them. it's only 300 Yen too!

Edited by -Dem0-

@Jamba, perhaps it won't be that easy. For one it should be harder to catch Pokemon in the AR searcher, and the transfer will probably be locked until a you accomplish certain conditions. Maybe the Pokemon's level's will also be very low when you catch them?

There could also be a transfer cap, you can only send a specific number of Pokemon. But that breeds other questions, whats the main point of the AR Searcher? Does this just reward those who purchase the AR Searcher?

too much contemplating. We'll wait and see.

This is no different to the inclusion of the PokéWalker or the Dream World. Providing different ways to get Pokémon that may already be in the game.

The Unova Dex in B2W2 was never going to be the only Pokémon within the game. It isn't in BW, and no regional dex has been like that since RS

• 4 weeks later...

Pokémon AR Searcher

The transfer method is done via direct access of the game on the 3DS. The game has to be in the 3DS's cartridge slot when doing the transfer.

You get recruited by Professor Burnett to explore the Dream Valley, the area the game is set between the Pokémon world and the Real World

tornadus.jpg

This looks awfully familiar...

I'll probably get it if there's actually stuff to do other than scanning rooms and catching Pokemon since Invizimals had a story and a battle mode but since this game is only 300 yen it probably won't have any of that.

This looks awfully familiar...

I'll probably get it if there's actually stuff to do other than scanning rooms and catching Pokemon since Invizimals had a story and a battle mode but since this game is only 300 yen it probably won't have any of that.

Well it has a professor recruit you...so there is a narrative

Localisation confirmed as Pokémon Dream Radar

@Cube, @Ashley or anyone...can you rename the thread

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Because the new name blows.

This is no different to the inclusion of the PokéWalker or the Dream World. Providing different ways to get Pokémon that may already be in the game

I hope it's less frustrating to use than the Dream World, that was just unecessarily complicated.

Can they just stop this shit and give us Snap already!?

I think it being called Dream Radar is a good indication that the Pokémon we will get in it will have their Hidden Abilities

Though it is a bit annoying because the Japanese title was in English as it is

ポケモン ARサーチャー is literally Pokémon AR Searcher

Why do people continually want the old stuff. Why not accept new things. Stop looking at the past, look to the future!

To be fair though, Snap is kind of screaming out for a 3DS or Wii U sequel. The use of the gyro for 360 degree photo snapping and the addition of every Pokemon (no more size limitations!) is far too obvious...

Same goes for Pokemon TCG (AR enabled!)