N-Europe

New Super Mario Bros 2

bryanee

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at 650000 coins in total at the moment, with a score of roughly 24500 in coin rush mode. I've not used the 'infinite shell' trick in coin rush (the cheater's way ;)), but I've taken advantage of the gold flower and invincibility stars in 2-4, followed by the stored gold flower and hundreds of blocks in 1-2, then finished off by getting another couple of hundred in one of the towers. I've also tried using the mega mushroom in 1-2 (which gives you the gold flower back for the third level), but didn't end up getting nearly as many coins that way. The other mega mushroom level that scrolls with all the gold blocks in is also a good one to have as your second level, but 1-2 still gives you more chances for coins. I don't think I'm going to get much higher than the score I have, though, as I can't see myself getting higher than the 4400 - 4500 I usually get in 2-4 (including flagpole), or uncovering any more easily reachable coin stashes in 1-2. Now, do I go on for the million...?

Not much of an achievement for hours upon hours of coin collecting is it though.
I suppose not. Better than nowt though. :grin:

And like I said before, just playing through the game is rewarding enough for me. :hehe:

I'm sure RedShell did it for fun. He didn't expect Penelope Cruz to pop out of the 3DS and do a striptease! ;)

Or did you, RedShell...?

Expect?... No.

Hoped?... Yes. :D

OH GOD! There's a reward for 10 million?! How far does it go?!

Considering the counter only goes up to 10 million (or, well, 9'999'999), I'd guess that's the final reward.

(Or maybe there's another one for when you've maxed both the coins and the score counter? Somebody get on that!)

Considering the counter only goes up to 10 million (or, well, 9'999'999), I'd guess that's the final reward.

(Or maybe there's another one for when you've maxed both the coins and the score counter? Somebody get on that!)

Unless the counter suddenly increases in length once you reach 9,999,999...

181-mario-troll.jpg

Wowzers! :o

8720?! Very impressive. :bowdown:

That can't be the usual Gold Mario + Goombas rinse and repeat thing though, surely? :hmm:

Unless you discovered an additional time extension. :heh:

It is... with a subtle time shaving technique that adds up surprisingly quickly :D

TBH, it was far from a perfect run. I only gave it 4 attempts (from not even knowing how to get 8000+ to netting that score you see above) and I reckon that 9,000+ is pretty obtainable...

Edited by Dcubed

Ive just got this game and had a quick go. On W2 now so only just basically started. Really like the level design so far especially when you can fly to platforms above. Reminds me of SMB3. Not really got how to get loads of coins yet. Unlocked coin rush mode and had a quick go but only managed to get about 700 coins.

It is... with a subtle time shaving technique that adds up surprisingly quickly :D

TBH, it was far from a perfect run. I only gave it 4 attempts (from not even knowing how to get 8000+ to netting that score you see above) and I reckon that 9,000+ is pretty obtainable...

I've just beaten my old top score by 3 coins.. maxing out the old tactic.

What is this 'subtle time shaving technique' you speak of. :hehe:

I've just beaten my old top score by 3 coins.. maxing out the old tactic.

What is this 'subtle time shaving technique' you speak of. :hehe:

Let's just say that the Goomba stack at the end of the level doesn't need to be onscreen in order for you to hit it... ;)