NEurope
bryanee

New Super Mario Bros 2

Aim for the second step before the flagpole, and let the golden fireball do the rest for you!

8300+ seems to be my max now, how you have time left for another run I'll never know but I'll keep at it.

I don't play this game much. Just a half hour every now and then which is perfect. I'm in World 2, having grapped every Star Coin for every level I have visited. It took me a while to find the second one in 2-5 but finally found it. I just have to find the secret exit in the mansion (2-4) in World 2 - or at least I believe the secret exit is in that level.

I haven't played much Coin Rush, though. Tried it the other night, got to level 3 of the first pack (which was castle 1 in World 2) and had collected about 2000 coins when Mario decided to slide down something, that was sinking into the lava, instead of jumping on it so I died and turned off. Hehe.

I haven't had a lot of gaming time recently but I've been playing this on and off for a couple of weeks. I'm completely underwhelmed so far :hmm:

I just got this... and ... is it just me or is this a lot harder than the other games?

Yeah, some parts are a bit harder than usual. I still haven't found a secret exit on a specific level even though I have been looking for it quite a few times.

Other levels, though, are rather easy.

I thought i found a secret exit in world 3, well i say secret as it was a 2nd exit to the world. Didn't unlock a new path or anything though, damn.

I just got this... and ... is it just me or is this a lot harder than the other games?

I wouldn't say so, apart from perhaps the final Castle/s. There was not a bit in NSMB 2 that frustrated me as much as one particular Mini Mario mission in the DS original (although there are some difficult Mini Mario bits).

This game is not hard at all compared to NSMBWii.

(Then again NSMBWii is pretty much the hardest 2D Mario game ever made, so...)

(Then again NSMBWii is pretty much the hardest 2D Mario game ever made, so...)

The Lost Levels strongly disagrees.

Now I've finished the game and I'm going through getting the extra stars I'm enjoying the game so much more.

One thing I don't get yet, are the blue P block, you get them all and they don't do anything. I presume it's soemthing to do with secret levels but don't get it.

Now I've finished the game and I'm going through getting the extra stars I'm enjoying the game so much more.

One thing I don't get yet, are the blue P block, you get them all and they don't do anything. I presume it's soemthing to do with secret levels but don't get it.

I think they are just for the extra coins.

I like the look of the game, I really do...however at the current price and for what the game is, I honestly do not see much point in buying this game. It feels like we've got too much of the same. I've had a bit of time with it and sadly it just doesn't appeal to me all that much. Perhaps in the future when I don't have many games to play (unlikely) then i'll pick it up.

A mad coin exploit has been discovered for this:

You could hit 1 million in just over an hour doing that! :o

Anyone still playing?

I haven't played it in ages. Can't believe there's not been any DLC for it yet. :blank:

How long are they gonna take?!

Can't believe there's not been any DLC for it yet.

JP only for now.

Their 1st pack will be released on 2/10/12 for 200 Yen.

Edited by -Dem0-

Those new levels look great! Nice to see one that takes more advantage of the Mega Mushroom too!

Here's hoping we get some levels that better exploit the mini mushroom and the Raccoon Leaf! :D

Price is also very reasonable too (Roughly £1.50 for 3 levels)

Edit: Oh hey I just realised something! That difficulty rating they give is actually a throwback to Super Mario Advance 4!

supermario3_092603_lebas1k.jpg

Nice touch! :D

Edited by Dcubed

JP only for now.

All 3 will be

So there was a Nintendo Direct last night for The Country That Matters. Hope we get one today. Doesn't look like any sign of an announcement yet...

Those levels look so much fun! Apparently they've taken on board comments from Club Nintendo - greater difficulty, more coin whoring :)

JP only for now.

Hehehe! Maybe they read my post. :P

A mad coin exploit has been discovered for this:

I had great fun with that last night! It takes some skill to pull off and is not really cheating because it's all within the physics of the game, as opposed to a glitch. Thanks to this exploit, I was able to get the maximum number of lives in no time at all (strange reward for doing so...) and have now got five sparkly stars!

Due to the 9999 coin-per-level limit, it would still be a bit of a grind for me to get 1,000,000 (I'm currently on 70,000 - would have to do it about 94 more times, unless I'm mistaken) but I'm still tempted.

I hope they remove the 30k limit when they release these coin rush packs.
I really hope so too, Coin Rush mode is pointless with the cap. :sad:

I very much doubt Nintendo will remove it now though.

Due to the 9999 coin-per-level limit, it would still be a bit of a grind for me to get 1,000,000 (I'm currently on 70,000 - would have to do it about 94 more times, unless I'm mistaken) but I'm still tempted.
Yeah, you're much better off playing Coin Rush until you get a level set which includes that stage, for 30k each time. ;)

Woohoo, went from 120,000 to 1 million with that exploit. Would it have killed Nintendo to reward people with an extra level rather than the shitty 'reward' we got?

Why. Would they even put a cap on it? Another stupid Nintendo limitation which has no benefit and only fucks people's off. Why do they always do this? Anyways, I really don't like coinrush mode anyway, so I aint too bothered and I won't be buying these. Wish they just released normal levels with3 coins to collect, id buy them.