NEurope
bryanee

New Super Mario Bros 2

Hang on a tick? Aren't we missing a course pack?

Shouldn't there be another one containing SMB3 levels? Or does this include the 2 extra levels hidden away somehow? (Not gonna get a chance to play it till later on)

Rather than just having 3 levels that are the same, this one has six that you get 3 random ones from

Rather than just having 3 levels that are the same, this one has six that you get 3 random ones from

Oh wow that's awesome! :D

Hope we get more packs like that, even if they charge a higher price for them (I like the random course selection element, helps keep things fresh in the 3 base packs :) )

Oh wow that's awesome! :D

Hope we get more packs like that, even if they charge a higher price for them (I like the random course selection element, helps keep things fresh in the 3 base packs :) )

Scratch that. I was wrong. I just got a chance to play, went down the first pipe in 1-1 and it sent me to 1-2

So many alternate exits made out of Mario games.

One of the SMB3 exits has a block like the ending block in SMB3, but it obviously gives items

Pfft, once again Nintendo have shown just how behind they are with gaming, can someone give me a valid reason as to why I should give Nintendo another chance with this new content? Oh it's free, so what!? I have to waste my meaningless virgin life for it to download when it should have been here day 1!

If anything Nintendo should be giving us money for every time we download any content of this game to say sorry they didn't add it from day 1 when I bought this half assed effort of a game!

Scratch that. I was wrong. I just got a chance to play, went down the first pipe in 1-1 and it sent me to 1-2

So many alternate exits made out of Mario games.

One of the SMB3 exits has a block like the ending block in SMB3, but it obviously gives items

Oh, nevermind then. That's still pretty cool though.

Looking forward to playing it :)

Pfft, once again Nintendo have shown just how behind they are with gaming, can someone give me a valid reason as to why I should give Nintendo another chance with this new content? Oh it's free, so what!? I have to waste my meaningless virgin life for it to download when it should have been here day 1!

If anything Nintendo should be giving us money for every time we download any content of this game to say sorry they didn't add it from day 1 when I bought this half assed effort of a game!

Not sure if you're serious or facetious :p

Better keep any smokers out of this thread. Wouldn't want the straw men to catch on fire.

Have to download them once i get home, i keep forgetting to download the packs. Damn me!!!!

The way that they've incorporated the extra levels is really quite cool. It's definitely not just the classic levels untouched, but rather a cool remix of each level with some novel twists and surprises involved with the way that the mountain of coins is shoved in.

Fun stuff :)

Trying not to sound thick, but how do you download the packs. eshop says in-game but I can't find an option anywhere to do this.

Trying not to sound thick, but how do you download the packs. eshop says in-game but I can't find an option anywhere to do this.

Have you got Spotpass turned on? The shop doesn't appear in the menu until you receive a Spotpass notification from Nintendo (it then appears at the bottom of the screen in the coin rush menu)

Righteo, havn't recieved any messages from Ninty as of yet. Spotpass is on, just checked now and it has been since i bought the game.

Righteo, havn't recieved any messages from Ninty as of yet. Spotpass is on, just checked now and it has been since i bought the game.

In that case, you should recieve the message automatically and then find the menu option at the bottom of the main coin rush menu screen (where you select Streetpass or regular coin rush)

Cheers for that, hopefully i get the message soon as i want to download some of the packs for the train journeys.

More DLC on the way?

After the 3DS firmware update and eShop downtime, it seems things have come back online to reveal some new DLC packs for New Super Mario Bros. 2. While we can't purchase them yet, options for Challenge pack C and Platform Panic Pack are available to view.

More DLC on the way?

Wasn't expecting that. Was thinking the last one was the last one since it ended in a room saying Thank You

NOICE! :D Someone obviously hit the button a bit too early, before their obvious Nintendo Direct reveal :laughing:

Wasn't expecting that. Was thinking the last one was the last one since it ended in a room saying Thank You

Same here. Especially since it had a boss fight.

Sweet, yeah i also thought the last pack out now was the last one considering the "Thankyou" message it displayed (in coins)

I've recently went back to New Super Mario Bros 2 in an attempt to find all of the secret exits and star coins. Unfortunately, I'm really struggling to enjoy it :hmm:

It's certainly not a bad game but it has been one of the least appealing Mario games I've ever played..

I've recently went back to New Super Mario Bros 2 in an attempt to find all of the secret exits and star coins. Unfortunately, I'm really struggling to enjoy it :hmm:

It's certainly not a bad game but it has been one of the least appealing Mario games I've ever played..

Yep, I didn't collect the coins either, unlike in NSMB and NSMB Wii. It's the familiarity and lack of progress, really. Looks, plays and sounds just like the two previous games, so it feels rather dull and boring, like playing the same game for the third time.

Two new packs, supposedly the final ones to be released...

OMG @ the Impossible Pack!!!

I love how they just list the difficulty as "Danger" :laughing:

Hope they do another batch of DLC packs later on down the line...

The impossible pack looks amazing!

I'll purchase some of the DLC packs after I've mastered the ones you start with in Coin Rush mode.