NEurope
bryanee

New Super Mario Bros 2

Digital downloads are a great idea, but places like Tesco, Asda, and Amazon have incredibly strict rules you have to adhere to just to get a product on their shelves/listed on the website. One of which is the manufacturer cannot offer a product at a discount via their own channels. I'm sure Game/Gamestation would get pretty pissy too if Nintendo set the downloads at a lower price than the RRP. Remember - retailers are buying copies for £25-ish, then placing a mark-up on top, so they could list the game at £39.99 if they wanted, but they don't because they have to remain competitive.

The same issue hurts Xbox & PS3 digital downloads, I can't understand how anyone would think Nintendo would be any different.

The download code thing is a different kettle of fish entirely; I imagine Nintendo give some kind of commission on every sale. Retailers can set a lower price because they won't have inventory costs but again, that's only if they want to. I'm sure Game won't push DD too much because they make so much more on reselling 2nd hand copies than they do on a new one.

Interesting, I didn't know that was the state of affairs and it explains a lot. Stupid thing is that hardly anyone sells stuff at RRP so Nintendo doing it well... weird.

I hope the cards for DD do come out. I was hoping to AC digitally but for full, full price they can swivel.

An option we have is using reward points/gift vouchers/etc to lower the cost of the eShop point cards. Not ideal but possible. Shame Shopto don't sell any at the moment, they have a decent reward scheme. In regards to Animal Crossing I'd probably be willing to pay £40 for the DD version since I know I'll get at least a years worth of gameplay out of it. Probably more since it will always be available.

I would prefer Nintendo sorted out the codes cards first though. Was bad enough it took them ages to release the point cards and now we're seeing them repeat the same problem.

This is my new favorite 3DS game, love the hidden coins in each mission (i try and get them all first time around, not 100% each time). Current coin total is 2,569.

I'm still waiting for this :hmm: Have to wait another 5 days before it can be considered to be 'lost' :sad: I'm not in any great rush, to be honest.. but it should still be here :nono:

Its a really entertaining game, secret exits are bugging me on some levels, just haven't found them and i'm sure there should be some like 1-4 there are a load of blocks in the water section that only golden mario can destroy, but there is no flower in the level, i guess you can get a gold flower to keep in the spare item slot?

Its a really entertaining game, secret exits are bugging me on some levels, just haven't found them and i'm sure there should be some like 1-4 there are a load of blocks in the water section that only golden mario can destroy, but there is no flower in the level, i guess you can get a gold flower to keep in the spare item slot?

Yeah, they are in the gold mushroom houses that you will find on your journey.

For those deeming NSMB2 a failure, MCV just posted this

NSMB and NSMB2 both arrived around 18 months into their respective handheld's life. NSMB was at a time when the market was much better. NSMB2 has sold 29% more units.

For those deeming NSMB2 a failure, MCV just posted this

NSMB and NSMB2 both arrived around 18 months into their respective handheld's life. NSMB was at a time when the market was much better. NSMB2 has sold 29% more units.

I don't think anyone said it would be a commercial failure did they?

You could say the same about Resident Evil 5. By far the best selling Resident Evil game, and yet many consider it to be the worst.

Anyone order from GAME ? my copy has gone missing and it was posted a week ago.

Yeh.. I ordered with GAME and, as I already mentioned, I have yet to receive my copy :hmm: It was posted on 15/08/12..

I don't think anyone said it would be a commercial failure did they?

You could say the same about Resident Evil 5. By far the best selling Resident Evil game, and yet many consider it to be the worst.

You clearly haven't been at NeoGAF lately

In Japan, it managed half a million in the first two days, then consistantly over 100,000 each week, something most games ASPIRE to for launch week alone, and yet it's being classed there as a failure, poor sales etc.

Ah right, I don't go on NeoGAF.

Unfortunately it's a view going around the internet a lot :/

I can't stand the GAF, it just seems to be a retarded circle jerk. And this is coming from some one who has no intention of paying more than £10 for this game and goes on /v/!

How's the music guys? Someone said it's mostly remixed tunes, this true?

How's the music guys? Someone said it's mostly remixed tunes, this true?

Yeah, but there are a lot of really cool vocalisations added to it. I don't know about anyone else, but the 2D Mario games are so well-honed, I'd be disappointed if it didn't have the right tunes in the right places. :)

W1-1 NEW RECORD! :bouncy:
wtFwm.jpg

entry_banner.jpg

W1-1.png

Sorry to butt in on the rivalry you and @Serebii have going, but I couldn't resist giving it a shot. =P

There's not much I feel needs to be said about the game, really. It's 2D Mario platforming that is, as usual, a real joy to play, and I had a blast from start to finish. If I did have a gripe, I'd say that I feel that the coin collecting isn't rewarding enough when it comes to reaching certain milestones. I think it would have been great if there were unlockables for reaching these milestones, like Mario Kart 7 did with its kart parts. Extra levels, characters, bringing in minigames like the ones in the original DS game, just some extra incentive to reach that million coin total would have been nice. That aside, the game is great fun, and I look forward to the DLC!

Small sidenote: I love when Mario gets a gold block stuck on his head. Running with that thing shooting coins out constantly feels sooo good, heh.

Edited by Sprout

entry_banner.jpg

W1-1.png

Sorry to butt in on the rivalry you and @Serebii have going, but I couldn't resist giving it a shot. =P

There's not much I feel needs to be said about the game, really. It's 2D Mario platforming that is, as usual, a real joy to play, and I had a blast from start to finish. If I did have a gripe, I'd say that I feel that the coin collecting isn't rewarding enough when it comes to reaching certain milestones. I think it would have been great if there were unlockables for reaching these milestones, like Mario Kart 7 did with its kart parts. Extra levels, characters, bringing in minigames like the ones in the original DS game, just some extra incentive to reach that million coin total would have been nice. That aside, the game is great fun, and I look forward to the DLC!

Small sidenote: I love when Mario gets a gold block stuck on his head. Running with that thing shooting coins out constantly feels sooo good, heh.

Oh it is definitely on :p

Sorry to butt in on the rivalry you and Serebii have going, but I couldn't resist giving it a shot. =P
Very impressive!! :bowdown:

And don't apologise, the more the merrier! :smile:

I'm down to my last Gold Flower reserve (still haven't got unlimited Toad houses on my game :sad:) but I shall be using it on 1-1 again soon then. :grin:

is anyone doing this Coin rush competition?

is anyone else finding this hard to find codes? no idea how people are on 430, i'm only on 320 where are they getting all these codes? i've only found 9

I downloaded this on Saturday night, it took about 12 minutes to download the game. I couldn't wait any longer even though £40 is a hefty price to pay, however the main benefit is...

nhp13.jpg

I'll always have it with me! Really enjoying this game.

Edited by -Dem0-

Man I hated those video player updates!

Yeah I have to say that although £39.99 is expensive, going on to the eShop and seeing a full game there ready to download is very tempting! It's definately gonna get some people to part with their cash!

Man I hated those video player updates!

Yeah I have to say that although £39.99 is expensive, going on to the eShop and seeing a full game there ready to download is very tempting! It's definately gonna get some people to part with their cash!

The only game I could possibly see myself doing this with is Animal Crossing, but even then I begrudge paying £40 when I could get the game for £25 with the option of trading it in when i'm done.

You know what would be nice? If I could actually play this game. Sent out early enough to arrive on release day and it still hasn't arrived. Load of days of missed post, post coming after 8pm other days. We had one stinking letter today despite them likely having a big backlog of our post. There's no post strike. Postal delivery these days is pathetic.

You know what would be nice? If I could actually play this game. Sent out early enough to arrive on release day and it still hasn't arrived. Load of days of missed post, post coming after 8pm other days. We had one stinking letter today despite them likely having a big backlog of our post. There's no post strike. Postal delivery these days is pathetic.

If that is with GAME, I think there are at least two other people here who have the same issue.

Any word on any other games being available as a digital download? Or is NSMB2 the only one so far?