N-Europe

DIY Mafia: Reality vs Fiction

The Peeps

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, sorry Dohnut, next time I'll come out with absolutely everything I have in my very first post of the game on the very first day, full roleclaim and all. I think we all should, then we'll definitely win! My point was that nothing I say will give any more information than what we have which is useful for the town, but rather more may give the mafia an edge of killing off useful townies.

You have to give all your information on day 1, though! Otherwise you're mafia!

Chill out dude. As I said, I have no information on your and I'm not accusing you of being mafia either. Yours was just a good post to demonstrate my point to DuD, as he had misunderstood it from the other game and thought it was more about him saying he was busy because of a wedding.

You also miss the second point I was making - EEVIL's post was suggesting that I was simply diverting attention away from myself. I was explaining that mafia members don't like info being out there as it's dangerous to them, as you know. So me sharing information is different to what you posted.

However, I do like your (admittedly sarcastic) point about everyone coming out in the first day with a full roleclaim. You're saying that doing so would ensure the town would lose (I assume that this is what you're suggesting, but sarcasm is difficult in text). I would actually say that the townie IS more likely to win if

EVERYONE came out with a roleclaim. It would give us information in the writeup, we could see what everyone was doing, and if someone's roleclaim was off we could question them. I'm not saying we SHOULD, just that if we agreed that literally everyone would do it, the mafia would have to come up with some that sounded innocent and then maintain their story through the whole game - a tough ask!

Which one were you, @Yvonne? The pink blob or the needles? I think I may have been Roleblocked twice, but then I don't know why I would have then been injured to the point where I can't do anything for a few nights.

Again, I'm not saying I think Rummy is mafia. And I'm not getting involved in any slap fight at all. I was just making a point and Rummy's post was a good example. Not my fault that he reacted to it the way he did!

If you're right, Diageo, and the target just cannot be killed, it's POSSIBLE that it's the same player that Marc targeted.

The thing is, I have a pretty good idea who the inebriated duo is, but I don't feel convinced they're necessarily evil.

Tbh you might as well reveal it Dannyboy. Saying who the drunk couple are won't reveal anything about their power or alignment, and it will enable us to question them about what they were doing.

Although, thinking about it if you do reveal who it is, we'll probably ask for those things anyway :-/

The thing is, I have a pretty good idea who the inebriated duo is, but I don't feel convinced they're necessarily evil.

Evil or not. They are the most suspicious right now and should be questioned. Failing that, you would then be the most suspicious and need to be questioned.

Thinking about it, I might as well reveal it: My power is to find out people's characters, and as mentioned I was redirected to MadDog, whom I found to be Jesse & Chester from Dude, Where's My Car? I think they're a good candidate for an "inebriated duo".

Failing that, you would then be the most suspicious and need to be questioned.

Solid logic, there. :blank:

I tried going for my target, but ended up going for somebody else instead. No idea who this person/individual was, just that i found this person to be a goodie. Someone is a target-swapper i believe, but who.

Jimbob, who did you target? I believe the person I targeted may have been swapped. I will confirm roughly what my PM said blah blah "Although it did not appear to be DuD" (not a quote). Which is why I believe he was either swapped or thought me might have been the one mind controlled.

Chill out dude. As I said, I have no information on your and I'm not accusing you of being mafia either. Yours was just a good post to demonstrate my point to DuD, as he had misunderstood it from the other game and thought it was more about him saying he was busy because of a wedding.

You also miss the second point I was making - EEVIL's post was suggesting that I was simply diverting attention away from myself. I was explaining that mafia members don't like info being out there as it's dangerous to them, as you know. So me sharing information is different to what you posted.

However, I do like your (admittedly sarcastic) point about everyone coming out in the first day with a full roleclaim. You're saying that doing so would ensure the town would lose (I assume that this is what you're suggesting, but sarcasm is difficult in text). I would actually say that the townie IS more likely to win if

EVERYONE came out with a roleclaim. It would give us information in the writeup, we could see what everyone was doing, and if someone's roleclaim was off we could question them. I'm not saying we SHOULD, just that if we agreed that literally everyone would do it, the mafia would have to come up with some that sounded innocent and then maintain their story through the whole game - a tough ask!

I completely agree about the roleclaiming....if every single player role claimed day 1;

A) The town would win

B) The game would be completely ruined.

Rummy seems suspicious IMO.

P.S. HA at Dude Wheres My Car. Massive lolz there.

And yes Dannyboy, it was solid logic.

I happen to disagree, but let's leave it at that.

I completely agree about the roleclaiming....if every single player role claimed day 1;

A) The town would win

B) The game would be completely ruined.

Information is just as dangerous to town as it is to mafia, and as much as I know we need information to progress, I don't agree with it all coming out too fast because the mafia can then hit people who are useful.

I agree with Rummy. Town would by no means definitely win. Only if the write-ups are too info-heavy and obvious, but that tends to ruin the game for the mafia under all circumstances.

If a massclaim on day 1 ends with a town win, it's a broken game.

Oddly I don't think either description quite fits me at all. Didn't see you admitting the roleblock, only skimmed thread, sorry about that. Am at work submitting renders :(

The difference being that in Rummy and DuD's posts, they gave no information. I, however, have shared everything I have.

That's why I said "almost". You may have given information now but you've now given yourself a shield where you don't have to do anything for next few nights.

I would've quote the whole lot and add the same comment but I was saving people scrolling through it all again when all I needed was a few key points.

What info have YOU got EEVIL?

I'm afraid I have nothing of tangible usage, but I suspect mr-paul may be a Townie.

How do you know they're a goodie unless your an alignment investigator? Which if you were, you surely wouldn't have admitted on day 2 with no gain from doing so??

That is what i was told, i have nothing extra to add really. I'm not an alignment investigator though.

Jimbob, who did you target? I believe the person I targeted may have been swapped. I will confirm roughly what my PM said blah blah "Although it did not appear to be DuD" (not a quote). Which is why I believe he was either swapped or thought me might have been the one mind controlled.

Targetted Dannyboy last night, but ended up going for somebody else. Somebody is a target swapper out there, but no idea who yet.

@Yvonne I've just checked and to be more specific, a small pink object landed on me, then I was attacked by a number of tiny but sharp pins. One of them must be you. Which is more likely? Could you reveal your character at this point? I'm very confident that at least one of my attackers is mafia, so it would be good if you could clear at least some of it up.

@Rez - I asked earlier, as I wanted to find out whether I had got through to you before my attack. Did you have any positive effects on your last night?

I imagine not, as Yvonne now says that one of my attacks was a Roleblock, but it's still worth asking I think.

At everyone talking about the mass claim....

I wasn't saying we should ever do it (some people would undoubtedly disagree with the plan anyway, so it would never actually work) but if everyone claimed their character (not their power) it would undoubtedly help the town. ESPECIALLY in this game. I very much doubt that anyone could guess my power if I came out with my role, so it wouldn't make me any more of a target. Obviously if an investigator made a full roleclaim on the first day that would be stupid.

I also don't think it would ruin or break the game. All people would be claiming is characters, not powers. It would just force the mafia to start lying, or start giving the town information about their roles, from the very start.

Anyway, this is a discussion for the Mafia General Discussion thread, not in this game. Let's move it there to talk about it further!

Oh and @EEVILMURRAY my point still stands. You ignored a huge part of my post to make a point that wasn't even relevant. So there :p

Oh and @EEVILMURRAY my point still stands. You ignored a huge part of my post to make a point that wasn't even relevant. So there :p

I must disagree. The parts I left out I didn't feel relevant to what I was saying. The rest of your post consisted of saying you were attacked, you didn't recieve a PM and a couple of other points. I didn't think any of them relevant to pointing out you had behaved in a manner you had deemed mafia in the same post.

Maybe you are telling the truth, we can't gauge that at this moment. You need to think of it from an outsider's view who doesn't have your information, what I've gathered from you is "saying 'you don't have to pay attention to me' is something I'd say if I was mafia... by the way you don't have to pay attention to me"

I very much doubt that anyone could guess my power if I came out with my role, so it wouldn't make me any more of a target.

Capital! Lets hear it.

Paraphrasing doesn't help anything, and you haven't even paraphrased well. This was an effort to explain to DuD why I suspected him in a totally different game based on a single post. I was specifically referring to SHORT posts in which the player gives little to no information about themselves and makes a passing remark along the lines of 'I didn't get a PM', 'I can't see myself in the write up' or 'I have no information'. That is the sort of post I find suspicious, and while I am certainly not saying that every mafia member posts like that on day one, OR that everyone who posts like that is a mafioso, I'm suggesting that it is posts like those that will draw my attention. It is why I targeted DuD in the Pokemafia, and he didn't understand that at the time, thinking I was referring to him being busy planning his wedding.

YOU (@EEVILMURRAY) are suggesting that ANYONE that makes a statement, true or not, that attempts to distance themselves from being targeted is suspicious. Firstly, the two things are not even the same. Second of all, I didn't attempt to stop people targeting me, I just said I couldn't target people. You're saying I am suspicious because I made one small statement about not being able to target people for four nights. However, I also wrote a large post giving lots of information about what attacked me last night. If I were a mafia member, I would've made a short post, given no information about what I knew, and attempted to avoid questions. The fact that we are still talking about this proves that my post is the opposite of DuD's on day 1 of the Pokemafia. And nobody would've even questioned Rummy's post if it weren't for this conversation. Do you see?

As for my character - I'll show you mine if you show me yours :p I'm happy to reveal - are you?

I would like to apologise to everyone about how much this has been blown out of proportion. Especially Diageo, who I know hates massive posts :(

If I were a mafia member, I would've made a short post, given no information about what I knew, and attempted to avoid questions. The fact that we are still talking about this proves that my post is the opposite of DuD's on day 1 of the Pokemafia. And nobody would've even questioned Rummy's post if it weren't for this conversation. Do you see?

Yes, if you were a mafia member you may make a short post. Although that could be your intention to appear town if you give a long post (Classic Mafia Tactic :p), we won't know for now anyway :(.

And let's say you are mafia, having people question Rummy (who may not be mafia) is instantly a bonus. Although if it's the other way around that'd be sexy for all concerned.

As for my character - I'll show you mine if you show me yours :p I'm happy to reveal - are you?

Ah, sadly I don't have your luxury of people not being able to guess my power if they knew my role. So it'd be dangerous for myself at this moment. But don't let that stop you.