NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe London Meet 2012 - 30th June!

I really hope me and Ine will be able to come. My summer term at school is very messed up as the school are fiddling with the dates and stuff, so I don't know when that'll end. Also, it depends on whether/when Ine gets time off her job, which she will hopefully have by then.

I've also got a wedding around that time, but I'm sure that's in July, so we should be ok for that.

Last year's meet was awesome. Felt really massive and important. All of us prowling the streets of London, crammed into that pub, listening to Rage Against The Machine. Surreal as hell, but so, so awesome.

I also need to redeem myself after the Ocarina fuck up! :cry:

I also need to redeem myself after the Ocarina fuck up! :cry:

Oh yeah, that was classic indeed. How long were you arguing for about it anyway??

As mentioned, we will need to arrange a suitable back-up plan if the weather isn't all that great.

If it rains everyone can just climb into ReZ's anus for shelter.

As I said, I'd think a Sam Smith's would be good for such. There's quite a few around oxford streetish according to a map I found, which means for those travelling straight there to meet us it won't be too tricky hopefully. There's a couple not far off Trocadero either, which could also be potential. So thats my backup plan as it stands, I'll iron out exact details closer the time, probably around easter, May latest. If anyone actually knows of a specific one which'd be good for quite a large group, then that's even more excellent.

Given that our date is pretty much set, I think this thread would be good for planning of booking hostels etc, who's coming who's not, arranging joint travel plans for anybody passing by anybody else etc then we can make a clean thread once plans are more finalised maybe.

Any idea if the arcade in the Trocadero is open now? Seems only logical that we go to an arcade, what with this being a gaming forum and all.

Any idea if the arcade in the Trocadero is open now? Seems only logical that we go to an arcade, what with this being a gaming forum and all.

Hope it's open as well, an N-E meet without visiting an arcade isn't complete.

Considering you were told about a month before the actual meet that you'd have to be working and then proceeded to tell everyone on here repeatedly about it and how you were risking your job to go to that meet, I dont think you can really complain.

Agreed @Jimbob he speaks the truth!

True, i did complain about it a fair bit last year. I'm not going back into the whole situation that occured, end of the day i kept my job as i'm there now.

Edited by Jimbob

Open now? No idea. Open on the day we're in london? Even less of an idea! That's one reason I'm thinking of a spot near Trocadero though, if people wanna head off there for a bit then they can, and anybody who might want to just chill out can decide to stay behind. I think having an anchor point of sorts is key. Of course, this is still based off rainy contingency, if we're in hyde park then we'll go from there. I'm essentially thinking for those who want to keep hanging about after the park(as is often the case) we can just turn to wherever's set in the rainy contingency?

I'm positive about the weather this year... when's Wimbledon?... that's mid June right?

They say every year on there about the British summers and the rain, and yes it does sometimes rain, but they also tend to have incredible days/week of sun as well.

Open now? No idea. Open on the day we're in london? Even less of an idea! That's one reason I'm thinking of a spot near Trocadero though, if people wanna head off there for a bit then they can, and anybody who might want to just chill out can decide to stay behind. I think having an anchor point of sorts is key. Of course, this is still based off rainy contingency, if we're in hyde park then we'll go from there. I'm essentially thinking for those who want to keep hanging about after the park(as is often the case) we can just turn to wherever's set in the rainy contingency?

Sounds like a great plan!

So long as the pub we have in mind has plenty of space and a decent layout of tables, because our rain plan isn't really gonna be any different to most peoples rain plan of... 'It's Saturday... it's started to rain... get in doors to a pub!' :p

So long as the pub we have in mind has plenty of space and a decent layout of tables, because our rain plan isn't really gonna be any different to most peoples rain plan of... 'It's Saturday... it's started to rain... get in doors to a pub!' :p

Haha yeah good point. I'll definitely pop up london and peruse the local areas in advance of the meet, maybe turning it into a slight pub crawl for my own entertainment :D I'll try and get some pictures of the various places too.

I'm pretty sure it was shut down completely. There's no mention of it on the website, either.

Wikipedia says the Funland section has closed down. So no more arcade there. =(

They did WHAT to Trocadero??!

I'm heading in to London this week, I refuse to believe anything until I see it for myself.

Closed down indefinitely? I don't understand =\ they can't have been losing money on it.

Closed down indefinitely? I don't understand =\ they can't have been losing money on it.

From what I understand, the arcade was essentially a company within Trocadero. And they didn't pay their bills.

I'll of course be there this year, to hear the lamentations of your liqueur dispensaries. Will have to catch the last tube home though, so I'll be leaving earlier than usual. You're all welcome to come hang out though ;).

It used to be much bigger years ago or something too didn't it? Segaworld? Iono, I never went. I always had a feeling it wasn't what it once might have been, though. @Debug_mode, go forth, tell us the happy haps!

You can put me down as a probable yes for the 30th. I think that'll be my last day of teaching but it shouldn't be a problem to get cover. I'll say it's a family wedding or something :p

I'll of course be there this year, to hear the lamentations of your liqueur dispensaries. Will have to catch the last tube home though, so I'll be leaving earlier than usual. You're all welcome to come hang out though ;).

You'll be living in London. Night bus!

It used to be much bigger years ago or something too didn't it? Segaworld? Iono, I never went. I always had a feeling it wasn't what it once might have been, though. @Debug_mode, go forth, tell us the happy haps!

Segaworld was awesome. That is all.

Okay, it turns out I accidentally didn't go to London.. it was for a friends birthday and they opted for a visit to Saint Albans so I couldn't really argue!

Next time I'm down there, which will be some point soon, I'll check. If I recall correctly, the Fun Land bit was where the little bumper car area was, so I assume all the machines on the other side of Trocadero are still open.

If this is around the same time as SOS we should also attend, @f00had though obviously you can take charge of trains and *shudders* the underground else I will get lost and confused.

Wouldn't it be a bit weird to have NINTENDO Europe meeting up at a SONIC convention?