NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe London Meet 2012 - 30th June!

Did you not see my post? I even included lovely pictures :(

Not yet, I'll go back and find it later.

Not sure if it's possible to book it, it's the upstairs area of the pub, but I could easily check with them. The problem would be booking if we don't go/it doesn't rain, and it may take a deposit. I'll look into it. I'm trying to stick to Sam Smith's cos they're fairly well priced for London, and this was the best of the area without going too far, though there are more I didn't check out. I'm uptown over the next few weekends, so I'll carry on looking at places and pop in and ask about reserving any areas. There was a place another 5 minutes from this place which had a smaller but quite nice upstairs. I was chatting to the barman there who was pretty cool and he did bring up about getting something sorted out, I did get a vibe it'd cost though. Actually thinking of jamming there for my birthday, actually.

Rummy is it possible to book that area you photographed... or is it a case of turn up and hope it's free? and if not on to a close back-up maybe?

It's the back-up plan though. We hopefully won't need it until much later.

I reckon we should have a 2nd back-up option, in the case the 1st isn't feasable. Like the cafe across the lake wasn't feasable, and neither was the tunnel under the bridge.

Nice work Rummy!

You make a good point about the possibility of booking and not using it, so hopefully we might not have to book/find somewhere ok.

It's the back-up plan though. We hopefully won't need it until much later.
True, but whenever we might get there, it'd be nice to know everyones gonna be comfortable and not crowded out.

This is England, so the assumption should always be that it'll rain.

The park should be the back-up plan. :p

Maybe @Eenuh doesn't mind, but I'm sure she'd like a few more N-E ladies there this year!

Are any others thinking of coming? Anyone sent out invites on Facebook or anything?

Nami was there last year, which was nice! =)

Also I'm not even sure yet I can make it this year haha. We'll see I guess, but I do hope I can make it. And that the weather is nicer this time!

This is true, she was!

Hopefully you and Jim can make it!

Dammit Ine, we need at least one lady there to add a bit of glamour!

Maybe @Eenuh doesn't mind, but I'm sure she'd like a few more N-E ladies there this year!

Are any others thinking of coming? Anyone sent out invites on Facebook or anything?

Raining's been invited as well. :)

Raining's been invited as well. :)
Good, although it's a bit of an ask hopefully some of our Irish crew will be able to make it this year... @darksnowman?

Do we need to send out a @mentions list to the ladies of NE?

Of course, it's impressive if people come all the way from Ireland. :) But they should get an invitation under all circumstances.

I hope to have a better chat with people this year. (if I make it)

I assume I'm not busty...? OR busy.

Aye, pub should facilitate all sort of conversationalising even if it rains! Even if it doesn't, even!

If anyone's been invited to the facebook event and has people on their lists who haven't, invite them! I'm assuming you can as it's public.

I'll hopefully be bringing some paper/pens for hilarious paper telephones and other sorts of goodtime pen and paper stuff. Anybody else got ideas for cool stuffs to do?

This year I'll actually have a 3DS to bring too :)

Yeah, we didn't get to talk much last year. :)

Yes! I want to more this year. Even if it gets awkward we will power through.

FOR EQUESTRIA!

:grin:

I'm sure they'll be plenty of 3DS/Vita gaming. Especially now the 3DS has some multiplayer games. That awesome game I forgot the name of for at the hotel/apartment/dumpster/whereverweendup. It it looks to be sunny then a football.

I don't actually own any multiplayer games for the 3DS, but I don't know much about its functionality, either. Would there be a point in me bringing it along?

Will people be looking at stopping friday and saturday night? (was very disappointed with the lack of staying over when I went, Eddage doesn't have the stamina to satisfy my needs on his own)

Also what are expected costings? And when would it need to be booked by?

I don't actually own any multiplayer games for the 3DS, but I don't know much about its functionality, either. Would there be a point in me bringing it along?

You could StreetPass everyone and send them to their deaths in StreetPass Quest.

"So long, ReZ!"

"See you later, Peeps!"

"Hasta la vista, Coolness!" Actually, Coolness has wisely traded in his 3DS for a Vita for this very reason.

Although it didn't go quite according to plan. The mass conspiracy of Prov Donk led to ReZ crying into his pillow many a night was a treat (and apparently Claire was upset too, but we all know that was ReZ trying to tug at the heartstrings)

HA! Don't blame me for you (peoples) crap prank planning! You got the hardest part done and then utterly failed to deliver. Highlights being the arrival of Conc Donk at my house, and the two photos of Prov elsewhere.

Twas indeed quite dissappointing there weren't more prov donk hijinx, so much possibility!

Exactly. It just turned into Prov Donk has gone missing and nothing happening for 6 weeks. Shame on you all.

Will people be looking at stopping friday and saturday night? (was very disappointed with the lack of staying over when I went, Eddage doesn't have the stamina to satisfy my needs on his own)

Also what are expected costings? And when would it need to be booked by?

Well there is definitely a large group staying over Saturday. I would say cost between £30 - £60 at a guess right now. I need to look into it, which I will do very very soon, when I have a surer grip on numbers. I would say we would need to book it by mid May ideally, but won't be a disaster if a little later or earlier.

I am happy to book it all, but would want the majority of the money in by PayPal or bank transfer before hand so as to save from any confusion. Also so I can fraud you all.

@Retro_Link, you are staying the night by the way. No choice.