NEurope
Rummy

N-Europe London Meet 2012 - 30th June!

I can't do the weekend of the 7th June as i will be at Silverstone all weekend. Defo want to come this year though, especially as my summer internship could be in London. oh and a hotel with goefer and rez (and maybe dannyboy too?), count me in! Oh the hilarity.

I think June 30th is looking quite good as an early contender.

Edited by Retro_Link

I think June 30th is looking quite good as an early contender.

That date is perfect for me as i'll have a flat nearby by that weekend. and YES gotta do that! You going Silverstone this year?

That date is perfect for me as i'll have a flat nearby by that weekend. and YES gotta do that! You going Silverstone this year?
Cool. Not sure, I'm considering getting a Friday ticket.

Is there a nicest member award going on - I need to vote for @Goafer.

But we're in 2012 now, so it doesn't count :red:

Put me down for the hotel. Also, will anyone be planning to stay longer on the Sunday this time?

14th July is Claire's birthday and thus really really bad for me.

I vote....LATE JUNE!

Also at work I have a Summer gap with no time off yet, late June could be good. I'd attempt to book off the Friday and Monday with Goafer and act as co-communication officer for operation Dannyboy extraction.

But yeah, June or 7th/whatever of July would be best for me.

I can't do 6th June to 11th June as that's Download Festival.

Late June would be best for me too.

I, however, will be a last minute decision either way as I quite often go on holiday the last 2 weeks of June so will need to wait and see.

I'm in. Both Saturday and Sunday. The N-E Meet is one of the highlights of my year.

If we sort out a date early enough, I'll be able to book off the Friday and Monday. This will hopefully allow me to do several things:

Pick up Dannyboy from the airport on the Friday

Drop him off again on the Monday

He can stay with Me and ReZ (and whoever else joins us this year) in London on the Saturday night and with me at my place the other nights

Basically me and ReZ (if he doesn't mind booking the hotel again this year) will take care of everything UK side. Hopefully that should make things a bit easier for him.

That said, no pressure Danny. If it's too expensive/much hassle to get flights etc, I don't think anyone can blame you for not wanting to spend that much for a weekend away.

What a proper gent, it's things like this that make me love this community! Has anyone coming from afar looked at travel? Does it start to change closer to the olympics? I suppose for people getting trains it shouldn't, but anybody on a plane might be less fortunate?

Is there going to be an event held in London for this? If so, just rule that weekend out.

This did pop into my head at the time, there's most likely going to be some sort of parade around the royal areas I imagine? I don't usually pay attention to her jubilees due to birthday celebratings. It could potentially work against us, though.

I just realised how the spreadsheet worked last year, the dark green is availability, and bright green should be put for preferred date. There's a key to far right.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

I'll put my spreadsheet choices up later (google docs blocked at work) but for me due to impending move to Canada it would have to be May I reckon which seems like it may be rule me out of attending but I'll chuck them up there none the less.

End of June, sounds good to me.

As i mentioned in my earlier post, i'm around on the Friday. There is a reasonable B+B near the park where i tend to stay the night before, close to the tube (central line). Can't say much about the breakfast though, so i recommend checking out before brekkie. So i'm up for a small meet or something on the Friday, if you like museums that is.

As for the Saturday @Goafer, if there is a spare place available in your planned posse of you, Rez and (potentially) Danny then count me in as well. It was great that night with the balderdash'ng. I guarantee this year, i won't get that drunk again and end up being ill upon the floor, if so i'll pay the damages. The hostel we stayed in was pretty good i thought.

I'm all up for Sunday activities as well, so whatever suits everyone really.

So yeah, have to sort a date out asap so i can book it off and make the necessary arrangements for travel etc.

Edited by Jimbob

@ReZourceman needs to bring Boulderdash again for light night hotel gaming.

Also, this time the 3DS has good multiplayer games. So local Mario Kart 7.

@ReZourceman needs to bring Boulderdash again for light night hotel gaming.

Also, this time the 3DS has good multiplayer games. So local Mario Kart 7.

Indeed he does, it was very enjoyable that night. I look forward to playing it again.

And, i am considering a 3DS purchase once i've upgraded my phone. So even i may be in on the Mario Kart 7 sessions.

I know it gets said every year and the same replies of "nobodies stopping you making your own", but considering the olympics will make it harder/more expensive, wouldn't it make more sense to have it somewhere else? Yes I could just go and set up another meet, but if there's already a London one that people are going to, then nobody (apart from a few locals) will turn up. It's not as if we're going to be doing stuff that requires we're in London. We could easily be in any city/large town.

I have no idea yet if I'll be able to attend this year. It's very likely I'll be living in the UK at that time, but I don't know yet how it's gonna work with job and money and all that jazz.

Not sure yet when Jim goes on his summer break either really. So I think for now we are a "maybe".

End of June is getting a lot of votes :D what exactly was done at last years meet/ how long did it last?

End of June is getting a lot of votes :D what exactly was done at last years meet/ how long did it last?

We wandered around doing nothing for ages from the morning up until mid-afternoon (this was due to not planning for rain) then we found a pub and it was much better from then on.

The people who stayed overnight met up again the next day until around lunch. Although it would be great if the people staying planned to leave at a later time for the next one.

but considering the olympics will make it harder/more expensive, wouldn't it make more sense to have it somewhere else?

That's why we're suggesting it before the Olympics. It hopefully won't has as much of an effect.

Won't be able to confirm until much later. I intend to be in Australia around then, but not sure when yet.

End of June seems to be the feeling I'm getting and that won't wash with me I'm afraid. My girl was born 28th June so whatever Saturday that is nearest to will be taken up with birthday celebrations.

We should organise a Cheshire/North-West meet! (Not me organising though; I'm lazy.)

I know it gets said every year and the same replies of "nobodies stopping you making your own", but considering the olympics will make it harder/more expensive, wouldn't it make more sense to have it somewhere else? Yes I could just go and set up another meet, but if there's already a London one that people are going to, then nobody (apart from a few locals) will turn up. It's not as if we're going to be doing stuff that requires we're in London. We could easily be in any city/large town.

I did consider this with the olympics, but decided London's become somewhat of a tradition so I wanted to keep it up. It's also slightly out of my depth making a meetup thread for anywhere else, as I'm more oblivious to them than london. Nobody is/was stopping anyone making a meet elsewhere, they should have just decided to pre-empt this. If people really want to, it can be not-london, but now it's gonna get confusing as we all um and ah and essentially not actually make a decision. I find it that people only seem to suggest somewhere else once someone else makes a meetup thread/suggestion, why don't they ever do it beforehand?

I find it that people only seem to suggest somewhere else once someone else makes a meetup thread/suggestion, why don't they ever do it beforehand?

Because you've made a meet up thread for the summer, at the start of january.