N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 21: GOTY Edition

Haden

Slightly confused about some of my results but it is fine. I'm strongly up for starting a new team and the end of this season, but I always say that and can't bear to leave my team.

I just want Madpool to know that although my boys are having a confidence crisis at the moment I'm going to make sure I stop that run with what I think is just luck when I looked at your squad ;)

OH NO HE DIDN'T

I'll let my players do the talking, then i'll trash talk. ;)

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh crap, another season spent staring into the inevitable maw of demotion yet again - despite managing to beat perennial favorite Oddy again. Seriously, how does that keep happening?

I have noticed you never seem to do a few things that might be keeping you from being successful at the top level.

You never mark or have a playmaker, I don't think you usually do offensive or defensive styles and you never seem to prepare for formations.

I seem to think this is true because I always think I can have whichever playmaker and offensive style I like when playing you which isn't the case against any other side.

When you whip me next time I won't be glad I told you all this :P

Thing is your youth development and general side is great, get into those fine tactics and you will be flying.

N-Euro Middle League Round Six

***Emo Blades 1-3 Seahawks FC****

Emo Blades started the match full of confidence which soon wavered when their opponent proved to be tougher than their last. Emo Blades enjoyed a 5-1 win at home last round but the first half of this game was quite different. No goals in the first half and Seahawks were the more offensive side. It was a gritty game with 5 yellow cards being handed out before half time and Stewart Rothwell of Emo Blades was heavily injured within 10 minutes. As the second half began, Seahawks put phase 2 of their plan into action and scored 3 goals in quick succession. Emo Blades managed to score from a last minute header to save face but Seahawks take the victory.

**Cubic County 1-1 Recall United**

Cubic County have had more drawn games than any other so far in the season and today was no exception. Things started badly for the home side as Otto Presley was injured and substituted in the 19th minute and just three minutes later, Brett Whiteside scores a freekick for Recall United. County had a hard time getting into their opponent's half and the whistle blew for half time before they could reciprocate. However, in the 46th minute Cubic County equalised and were looking more dominant. Despite a further two attempts on goal, they didn't score again and the game ended 1-1.

***Happenstance FC 2-0 Real Peeps****

Happenstance FC have had a couple of bad away games and are clearly happy to be playing at their home ground again. Happenstance FC had all of the possession in the first half of the game and scored in the 20th minute from a header after a corner but were unable to get a second goal before the half time whistle blew. In the 49th minute Rowley Dibbler scores another goal for Happenstance FC while Real Peeps are completely shut out. Real Peeps did well to limit Happenstance FC's chances but Happenstance are a skilled side and still managed to score twice out of three attempts on goal.

****Leeds.M.O.T 2-0 Dysonian Wanderers***

Wanderers continue their descent into the relegation zone, dropping from 4th to 9th in just two games. Leeds took full advantage of their vacant opponents and slipped right through their defences to score two goals in the first half, one in the 8th minute and the other was a header after a corner in the 27th minute. After that, Wanderers seemed to snap out of their daze and tightened their back line. Leeds were still breaking through but they weren't able to score any more goals.

****Mcoys Sons 2-0 Intergalactico Stars****

Both sides were showing their strength in the first half as neither team were able to gain much ground on the other. Mcoys Sons were steadily out-pacing Intergalactico though and in the 29th minute Norm Downer crossed the ball to Stephen Gaye who scores from a header for Mcoys Sons. The rest of the first half was played out without any further goals and it looked like the second half would be the same but once again, Mcoys Sons were able to keep up their form while Intergalactico's players started to get worn down. In the 78th minute, Chukwueneke Ngozi scored the second goal for Mcoys Sons.

Most Important Result: Leeds.M.O.T 2-0 Dysonian Wanderers, Leeds and Wanderers were in 7th and 6th places respectively but this result sees Wanderers plunge into 9th place while Leeds soar into 3rd. An important win for Leeds who spent the first four rounds of the season in dead last.

Stylish Play: Seahawks FC, It's not easy to win away from home in this game but Seahawks are one of those teams that makes it look easy. While the first half of the game didn't yield any goals for Seahawks, they still managed four attempts on goal and when the second half began they scored instantly with a goal in the 45th minute. Before Blades could retaliate, Seahawks launched a full on offensive onslaught which saw them score a further two goals and win the game.

Best Player: Rowley Dibbler, Happenstance FC, not many stand-out performances this round but Rowley Dibbler was able to score the first goal of the game and went on to assist in another. Without Dibbler on the team, the result may well have been very different.

N-Euro Middle League Round Seven

***Cubic County 2-2 Happenstance FC***

County must be getting frustrated with all the drawn games as they still find themselves in 10th place. The start of the game looked promising when Otto Presley scored in the 5th minute and County were keeping good possession and attacking well, but Happenstance FC managed to slip through and score from a header after a corner in the 26th minute. The second half was underway and County were still getting more attempts on goal and were certainly the more dominant force, however, Happenstance FC were the first to score in the second half with a shot in the penalty area in the 66th minute. County were able to equalise in the 75th minute in a game that they deserved to win but credit goes to Happenstance FC who scored from both of their only attempts on goal to get an away draw.

***Intergalactico Stars 4-1 Emo Blades**

Both teams had something to prove today as they both lost their games last round but Intergalactico keep a cool head and get the first goal, a long range shot by Nikos Scabos in the 10th minute. Izydor Wojcicki equalises for Emo Blades soon after but the stalemate doesn't last long before Zinedine Zidane scores in the 34th minute. Blades looked to be on for another goal but Izydor Wojcicki was cut down before he could shoot and had to be taken off the pitch in the 44th minute. The second half kicks off and Intergalactico take a quick advantage and score in the 46th minute, leaving Blades in the dust. Intergalactico were all over Blades in the second half, relentlessly attacking their opponent's goal and they scored a final goal in the 62nd minute.

***Recall United 2-1 Leeds.M.O.T****

Leeds are on top form after three consecutive wins but Recall knock the wind out of them straight away with a goal in the 5th minute. Leeds.M.O.T rallied well and the rest of the first half was closely contested with no more goals scored. The second half begins and Recall are clearly the more dominant side, getting shot after shot on goal. However, in the 68th minute Leeds are able to take Recall by surprise and slip right into the penalty area from where Ionut Codrin was able to score the equaliser. The minutes passed and it looked like the match was going to end in a draw but a late freekick was awarded to Recall United, to be taken by Brett Whiteside. Fans from both ends held their breath as Whiteside fires the ball into the goal like a cannonball to see Recall United win 2-1.

****Dysonian Wanderers 0-0 Mcoys Sons****

An incredibly tough game was played here today but no goals were scored. Both sides managed two attempts but neither were able to take them all the way. Dysonian Wanderers were having a much tougher time than Mcoys Sons though as the referee clearly had some kind of vendetta against the team. An early injury goes by unpunished and sees Dominic Kenna of Dysonian Wanderers get taken off the pitch and an astonishing six yellow cards were given out to players from Dysonian Wanderers, along with a red card for Bernt-Olof Söderberg.

***Seahawks FC 2-0 Real Peeps****

Real Peeps were lacking in midfield in this game which allowed Seahawks to break through unimpeded into their half. In the 17th minute Cappi Lucci scores the first goal for Seahawks but Real Peeps were able to shut them out for the rest of the half. Things looked a bit better for Real Peeps in the second half as they were able to get a shot on goal before Seahawks but were still unable to score. The minutes passed and Real Peeps were no closer to getting an equaliser and when 90 minutes had passed they accepted defeat but Seahawks were not finished. In the 93rd minute Cappi Lucci scores again and Seahawks win 2-0.

Most Important Result: Seahawks 2-0 Real Peeps, with this result, Seahawks climb out of the relegation zone and move from 8th to 5th while Real Peeps drop to 7th. This round also saw Intergalactico Stars defeat Emo Blades to displace them into 3rd place while Stars move into 2nd from 5th.

Stylish Play: Intergalactico Stars, Stars were all over Emo Blades in this game, mainly down to the dynamic duo of Zinedine Zidane and Nikos Scabos. Zidane assisted Scabos in the first goal of the game in the 10th minute and went on to score a goal for himself before the first half ended. They weren't done there though and Zidane assisted Scabos again in the 46th minute to make the score 3-1. Nikos Scabos finally returns the favour in the 62nd minute and sets up Zidane with a lovely cross from which he scores from a header.

Best Player: Cappi Lucci, Seahawks FC, for the second round running, Real Peeps are undone by the actions of one player. Cappi Lucci was the only played to score in the game, scoring goals in both halves of the game, the second being scored in the very last minute.

x11r7.png

Mcoys Sons are still in the top spot and remain unshaken. Emo Blades drop a place but remain in the promotion zone and Intergalactico return to the second spot after two rounds in the middle of the table. Recall United are on the rise but face Mcoys Sons away next round which could be good news for Emo Blades as they play Dysonian Wanderers who are not playing up to standards. Real Peeps face Intergalactico Stars at home and are looking to end their stalemate. Happenstance FC drop a place after last round and now find themselves in the relegation zone. They'll have to give it their all against Seahawks next round to stay competitive.

@jayseven @Dyson @Jimbob @Nikos9 @Brian Mcoy @Cube @Happenstance

This middle league is really baffling me.

Played a hybrid mental formation due to basically having only two midfielders available. Completely neutered Dyson's side, buuut unfortunately his only chance of the match ended up being a penalty, which he scored, thus 1-1. Still, coming from an away game with a point is a result, especially against Dyson - regardless of how lame he's gotten recently :P

Despite Hadens interference I had my best match in my 11 seasons. Annihilated Gaggle 7-2. 16-5 in chances.

I was hoping to get to 4th place in a best case scenario so I'm happy to be third at this point of the season.

Complete fail at my teammates.

Was a tight game until the sending off. As soon as my defender got red I knew we would lose. It wasn't even a two footed challenge ref:angry:.

Picture of Haden at the match has just emerged

article-2087629-0F7E2FBA00000578-294_468x355.jpg

All the results went my way today. Great stuff! Thought I was going to have a shocker this season but it is going well.

Looks liek there'll be no trash talk from you then :p

Also just in case you'd forgotten this :idea::

Round 1 to me :p

Round 2 is in my house dude. We shall get our revenge. :)

I can deal with these close losses, 5 points gap is a nice buffer.

Fuck yes. Won 4-1 away from home against a team that beat me there last season. A major moral boost for me.

Next game is hard. I've got a selection headache. Also, he (danlikestreesssss) seems to be playing well...

Completely huge game in the promotion race it must be said! Looking forward to it!

Had a huge 2 - 0 away win against the 2nd placed Aqui1a yesterday, very happy with that...

Completely huge game in the promotion race it must be said! Looking forward to it!

Had a huge 2 - 0 away win against the 2nd placed Aqui1a yesterday, very happy with that...

EDIT: Btw is there a cup as well as the league? Like FA Cup sort of thing? If so are the lower leagues involved? That would be cool...