Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Toy Story: Small Fry

Retro_Link

small-fry-2011-20111120112606471_640w.jpg

Buzz Lightyear is left behind at a fast food restaurant when a kids' meal toy version of Buzz takes his place. While Bonnie's toys are stuck with the annoying three-inch-tall Buzz impersonator, the real Buzz is trapped in therestaurant at a support group for discarded toys. As Woody and the gang devise a way to rescue their friend, Buzz tries to escape the toy psychotherapy meeting.

I love how they've perfectly captured the crappyness, yet at the same time awesomeness [when you're younger] feel of fast food toys! :D

---

And on the subject of Fast Food toys... which were your favs from back in the day?

I always remember these Burger King TMHT toys as a Classic!

AB_00_BKTMNTNew.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

I LOVED McDonald's toys when I was little. All the Disney ones were *fainting smilie if there were one*

And I loved the rare Batman ones they did. Eventually BK got the rights I think, I remember Batman Beyond toys being at BK, which we never went to at the time.

It's really difficult trying to remember what toys/series/tye-ins they brought out... but when you were little it was so fun! :p

Going into McDonalds/Burger King and seeing what the new series of Toys was in that little perspex cabinet! :D *do they still have these/do this?*

Edited by Retro_Link

It's really difficult trying to remember what toys/series/tye-ins they brought out... but when you were little it was so fun! :p

Going into McDonalds/Burger King and seeing what the new series of Toys was in that little perspex cabinet! :D *do they still have these/do this?*

They do still have the cabinets.

I hate these toys. McDonalds wasn't a thing in my area (country even?) when I was a child so I don't have a good memory of the toys from then, and now I just hate seeing them round the house. Awful, awful toys.

With my crap internet I didn’t watch the video, and then it isn’t clear that this is a new short which will be shown before the new Muppets film. Anyway, now I know.

I have a bunch of these toys, used to love ’m. Don't think I’ll get rid of them, they’re part of the nostalgia.. My memories of the good times. Going to the new Disney with the family, going to McDonalds afterwards to get one of the corresponding toys..

Maybe I can be arsed to make a picture later. I believe if you have quite the collection, you can actually make a bit of money by selling them on Ebay.. Unfortunately my collection is far from complete.

Edit:

Looking at Ebay, I may have been too optimistic about the money.

Edited by Sméagol

They do still have the cabinets.

I hate these toys. McDonalds wasn't a thing in my area (country even?) when I was a child so I don't have a good memory of the toys from then, and now I just hate seeing them round the house. Awful, awful toys.

What country is that?

the best? The Mcformers

All I remember having were the Milkshake, Fries and some of the burgers, they were awesome though.

Yes! I so wanted those, but at that time we weren't going to Canterbury (the nearest viable shopping town with a McDonalds) so I didn't even get ONE :(

However, going to McDonald's was a test of will for me even as a five year-old: I hated the food SO EFFIN' MUCH, but there were toys... so I had to scarf down these horrible, dry Chicken McNuggets and those salty, glistening tubes of grease posing as chips just to get some crappy pull-back car.

It was never, ever worth it.