N-Europe

Up or Down? And Other Toilet-Related Stories

Pancake

MURRAY: At home I have an en-suite loo, for which the seat is kept up the majority of the time. When I go to any other house, I put the lid down as well as the seat, unless it's an all-male habitat. However, my last house had 6 guys living in, and two toilets. We mostly subconsciously agreed to use one as a pisser and one as a shitter, so one seat was up and the other down -- however, if everyone was drunk and one was in use, they'd inevitably just pee on teh 2nd's seat. Once the seat has wee on and further users just want a piss they seemed more likely to just pee on it again rather than wiping then lifting the seat.

(One of my housemates was a sufferer of alcohol-induced narcolepsy. He once tried to wee on the plugs in the lounge, wee down the stairs, and even weed on a toilet seat that was down. The time I basically saved his life and stopped him from weeing on the plugs he ended up staggering upstairs and just weeing in the corner in the bathroom.)

Thread rip a-go-go!

Wiping the seat before shitting.... do you do it? I do at work all the time, and this rage comic totally sums up how I feel on the occasions I have 'slipped'

But surely if you feel the seat is dirty then just loo roll would 'smear' bacteria around unless you use cleaning wipes... ? (In answer to your question no I don't wipe the seat in work). ;)

It's like I see people all the time 'wash' there hands with water... water wont do a lot, thats why you need soap!

Btw I am no clean freak, I just 'know' these things.

Edited by Mike1988uk

But surely if you feel the seat is dirty then just loo roll would 'smear' bacteria around unless you use cleaning wipes... ? (In answer to your question no I don't wipe the seat in work). ;)

It's like I see people all the time 'wash' there hands with water... water wont do a lot, thats why you need soap!

Btw I am no clean freak, I just 'know' these things.

It's more so to make sure the seat is dry, because there is either pee drops or flush water back spray on the seat, either way I don't want any form of drop on the seat that I'm about to share a moment with. :p

I just sit down yo.

True laziness.

When it's a public toilet I use a urinal.

If I have to use the toilet then who cares because it's all blokes anyway.

Most of the time there's just piss on the floor.

If it's at home or someone's house then generally things are very clean so whatever you do you just treat it with respect.

Simple.

I'm considerate with the toilet seat. Always clean up, no spillages as such. But, i do leave the seat how it was found depending on the trip, if it's a numero deux then seat and lid down is the case with that.

But, when it comes to the public loo. Thats a different story. I only go for a 2 if absolutly necessary. The urinal surfices for the numero uno.

Edited by Jimbob

:blank:

When you have kids, you're going to make them do everything you hated doing when you were a kid, aren't you :p

Lifting a seat isn't something I hate doing! Putting the lid down afterwards just has more courteous benefits, the way I see it.

What I'll make my kids do... is another thread :P

Once the seat has wee on and further users just want a piss they seemed more likely to just pee on it again rather than wiping then lifting the seat.

No wonder your perception of seat lifting is so warped. You've had a tough toilet lifestyle.

comicpiss2.png

Even when drunk I have the power to lift the seat up if it's up. They can bollocks if they think I'm putting it back down though.

toilet.png

You never got back to me on the wood/plastic issue.

Also, everyone put this on your toilet door. Everyone will love it.

shit.jpg

Ahh, wouldn't be another year at N-E without an annual toilet related thread.

For the record, I too go the jay-way, seat up, everything down after.

I leave the piss on the floor though.

how many door handles do you know that are made of copper?? LOL

Most, as it happens. For exactly that reason.

as well as that, there's a truckload more germs on the bathroom/stall doorhandle than there ever is on the toilet seat....

I used to have to wipe the whole toilet seat before sitting down (even if it appeared perfectly clean), before I read stats/facts akin to what Raining said. I'm going to shower at the end of the day anyway, so if any germs attach themselves to me, they won't survive.