N-Europe

Xpert 11 Season 20: The Ascent into History

Haden

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that was a great match. Ok, so maybe I bull-shitted completely yesterday about changing my tactics. It was always my desire to use those players and that formation. I knew his midfield would destroy mine, so had to find a way around that.

I got a few things right. I guessed his formation and chose the right defensive option to match his attack. Pretty gutted it only came down to 1 goal.

Also, I made a huge fuck up last night when planning my subs. I was expecting to get battered, so I said I'd bring on a defender for a midfielder to try and tighten it up if I was losing. Well, I'd just gone 3-2 down, and my midfielder was taken off for a defender...who got himself sent off within 10 mins. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Well played, Jay. Thank you for not destroying me.

I'm happy. I haven't disgraced myself this season. One more game to go, then on to the next season. :D

spain-euro-final-xl-080630g.jpg

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Oh yes, 4-0 clinches me the Middle League cup, my first silverware in the 3 years and 19 seasons of competing in the N-Euro league, despite finishing second in the top flight three times. It's been a long time in coming and it may not be the top prize but the victory doesn't taste any less sweet. :D

Next objective - get settled back into the top flight!

Wow, that was a great match. Ok, so maybe I bull-shitted completely yesterday about changing my tactics. It was always my desire to use those players and that formation. I knew his midfield would destroy mine, so had to find a way around that.

I got a few things right. I guessed his formation and chose the right defensive option to match his attack. Pretty gutted it only came down to 1 goal.

Also, I made a huge fuck up last night when planning my subs. I was expecting to get battered, so I said I'd bring on a defender for a midfielder to try and tighten it up if I was losing. Well, I'd just gone 3-2 down, and my midfielder was taken off for a defender...who got himself sent off within 10 mins. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Well played, Jay. Thank you for not destroying me.

I'm happy. I haven't disgraced myself this season. One more game to go, then on to the next season. :D

... And fuck you very much for bruisng :P Going to send out a properly shite side next match!

I knew you'd be playing a fairly strong side no matter what. I still chose to play a fairly weak side for dev value for myself, but kinda gutted that my squad selection for my next game is going to be drastically reduced - especially against essentially the most on-form team in the league, with promotion spots at play (as well as my undefeated crown!). It was still important to win today - a narrow win away will do but I would've preferred a stronger message to be sent out to re-cement my point taht your draw against me, at home, was a fluke down to me forgetting to set tactics.

But yes, the points will do. Guarenteed the title so I guess losing on friday will be no biggie... But now I'm the key to success or failure for DuD so I don't wat to simply give the next promotion spot away!

Oh yes, 4-0 clinches me the Middle League cup, my first silverware in the 3 years and 19 seasons of competing in the N-Euro league, despite finishing second in the top flight three times. It's been a long time in coming and it may not be the top prize but the victory doesn't taste any less sweet. :D

Next objective - get settled back into the top flight!

Congratz ;)

But sadly this makes me the oldest team to never have won a title :(

And thanks to YA for waiting 27 days to give me an 18-3 :indeed:

... And fuck you very much for bruisng :P Going to send out a properly shite side next match!

I knew you'd be playing a fairly strong side no matter what. I still chose to play a fairly weak side for dev value for myself, but kinda gutted that my squad selection for my next game is going to be drastically reduced - especially against essentially the most on-form team in the league, with promotion spots at play (as well as my undefeated crown!). It was still important to win today - a narrow win away will do but I would've preferred a stronger message to be sent out to re-cement my point taht your draw against me, at home, was a fluke down to me forgetting to set tactics.

But yes, the points will do. Guarenteed the title so I guess losing on friday will be no biggie... But now I'm the key to success or failure for DuD so I don't wat to simply give the next promotion spot away!

I thought you were bull-shitting, so decided to play fairly aggressively, just in case. Sorry if I hurt your mans.

Your team still seems pretty strong, though. I don't have that kind of experience in my squad yet. In a few season, when you are eventually relegated (lolz), I hope I can destroy you. One day.

Well done on winning the league. Definitely the best team, although the Comerade seem really good as well.

I dont think i can finish in the top 2?

The 2nd promotion place is Comrade's to lose seeing as he's only got ganja farmers, where cube actually has a game on his hands against dragooooo .

Yes, people will need to start recognising Dragooooo! You have paid the utmost respect by posting five o's at the end of Dragooooo. We recognise you now as friend.

I'm very sorry I helped a little bit to stop you getting promoted. I wanna wiiiiin.

You wont be dissapointed ;)

I've just set the tactics for the last games of both my teams seasons.. I've gone for dv in both games, although im guarenteed 1st place with my official team. Wooo :)

Doubt i'll be getting much out of Jay tomorrow ::shrug:

Going to get tanked by Cubic County tomorrow. I can feel it. He needs a win, my squad are knackered after a long first season. I'll be lucky if its kept within a two goal margin.

You managed to keep it within a two goal margin. Which thankfully was just enough to keep me in second spot.

You wont be dissapointed ;)

I've just set the tactics for the last games of both my teams seasons.. I've gone for dv in both games, although im guarenteed 1st place with my official team. Wooo :)

Congrats! It's my last game in the official league today as well, just seen we're both in the Major League, i only got my team about a month ago and steered them from 4th to 2nd, playing top today but he's already champion. I'm 14 divisions above you which isn't actually many given there are hundreds so we could end up playing each other in the future! :grin:

Ok so when I set tactics and get a 5 star manager rating I lose 0-2, but when I don't set tactics and get a 1 star rating I draw 1-1 away. Makes sense :p

Ah he played his youths, I see. Mine are fucked now. Two of my latest arrivals (literally only 5 matches ago) who I tried to play in every game towards the end are now not going to get 10 DV :(

Edited by heroicjanitor

Well played, Cube.

I thought we did ok to come back from 3-0 down. I'm proud that we brought it back to 3-2 and I really fancied us getting something from it. Considering we were behind by such a margin at first, I'm happy that we kept going.

I totally marked the wrong player. He was on the bench, d'oh!

So, do we get DeeVee from this Tea Cup, then?

The Tea Cup!

Tea%20Cup2.jpg

Welcome to the second Tea Cup! This season we have 6 teams wanting to go for the glorious NE Tea Cup. Each team will play each other once at home and once away. Away goals count if it is a draw, if it is still a draw chances made, if it is still a draw manager ratings.

Four teams will go through the 3 winners and the losing team with the most amount of goals (if thats a tie chances etc).

Home sides for first leg on the left, home sides invite away!

First Round:

Peeps vs Phoenix

Dragoo vs 64s

All Stars vs DuuD

What do I do? Do I click on the team's profile and click "challenge team"?

Do we get DeeVee from these games? Or is it just a case of going for the strongest squad?

I'm treating this as glorified friendlies. Probably won't win a single game.

Your dev is finished for a season so it wont change now. Challenge the team is right! When they accept your game will appear.

Btw we need two teams for next season to be as awesome as this one ask around guys lets get some new blood in our league :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!