N-Europe

Boring Car Chat

ReZourceman

Pretty sure I've found a car. Budget was approximately £2000 however I found a really great condition, 1 owner X reg Renault Megane. Confused.com tells me is 2003 but I think its 2000 (obviously?) so thats curious, but whatever for £990. Insurance is fully comp £650 ish! That leaves a little bit of residue to either put towards Florida fund, moving out fund/slash TV fund.

Only bad thing is I'm pretty sure that (I joined in with, and in fact got the biggest laugh of the night yesterday) when we took the piss out of someone in front with a Megane. Fuck.

Lol.

Anyway going back tomorrow morning for a test drive.

Are Megane's for girls?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're not the most manly car in the world, but I wouldn't call them girly. I think because Renault are French, they are associated with the French stereotype of fashion and classy things, which are usually a bit feminine.

I'd happily own the mental V6 Clio though:

renault-clio-sport-v6-new.jpg

The air vent, I don't doubt it has a use but that doesn't stop it from looking stupid.

Not a massive fan goafer, they always seem a bit chavvy.

Oh yeah, it's not exactly the best looking car in the world , but it goes like a raped ape. It's like the designers thought "Know that sensible, practical hatchback we do? Wouldn't it be funny if we put a big fucking engine in the boot and made it handle like it was on rails?" and then actually did it for shits and giggles.

The fact that it's such a fast car, but still looks like a vaguely normal hatchback just seals it. I love fast cars that look slow/normal. Adds extra embarrassment when you overtake some boy racer in his Saxo.

I don't think I could drag race anyone in my wee 1litre XD

I get the same thing in my 1.1 Vauxhal Corsa.

the annoying thing is that 'rudeboys' / 'chavs' seem to thing i'm a rudeboy as my Corsa is black, 3 door, personalized plate with alloy wheels.

n607130450_4077431_6254.jpg?dl=1

standard alloy wheels might I add.

so they get far to close to me then all I can do is plod along at as fast as my little car can muster.

I'm actually getting an Opel Corsa this weekend, most likely. =)

Second hand from one of my cousins, but whoo, car!

At least it's gonna be better than the thing I have now, it's really falling apart. We had it taken in for I guess what you call MOT, and there's a few things wrong with it, including corrosion on the underside, booooh.

But yes, new car coming! Then I can finally practice my driving and manoeuvres. =)

You're not going to be winning any races, but those small, light cars can easily beat a lot of (more powerful) cars off of the line.

I do OK in my Scirocco (1.8 litres of fury! It's pretty light too.) when I can be arsed. I don't really drive it fast anymore. Both me and the car are too old for playing silly buggers, although it will still manage it with gusto.

The Polo isn't too bad for a 1 litre. Still pretty slow though.

The Beetle would be pretty quick (well, for a 45 year old car) if it weren't for the complete lack of suspension. You're pretty much limited by how much punishment you can take from the bumpy roads.

I went through my fast era of driving when I had my MR2. I sold it in the end because it was boring to drive unless I drove fast. I enjoy a more sedate pace with the classics now.

My 1.4l 16v Astra is pretty nippy. It eats petrol when you get up to 70(+)mph though so I rarely do it!

You rarely get up to 70? What do you do on a motorway?

Also the mpg at a constant 70 should be fairly good. Obviously not as good as at 50-60 but still a decent consumption.

Edited by MoogleViper