Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

It's mostly been kept for hertiage so we don't suddenly lose videos. I think you can get vBulletin to automatically translate phrases so that might be a way around it, but want to test first. I'll get back to you.

Hmph didn't work as I hoped... (ie it didn't work)

Can the button not be removed so that people just use the normal one from now on? I'm guessing it can just be a behind the scenes thing to keep old videos?

Yeah, I've been wanting this too since a few weeks, after I removed Flash completely (again, and for the final time probably). The HDYT tags didn't work with the HTML player.

Anyway, I did prefer the size of the HDYT tags, can the regular tags be updated to the size of that?

As for legacy.. Can't you simply have the HDYT tags function exactly like the regular tags? This will fix most, if not all embedded videos, while still using just one tag going forward.

Anyway, I did prefer the size of the HDYT tags, can the regular tags be updated to the size of that?

As for legacy.. Can't you simply have the HDYT tags function exactly like the regular tags? This will fix most, if not all embedded videos, while still using just one tag going forward.

1) Done

2) What do you mean exactly?

You want to preserve the functionality of the old videos using the HDYT tags. You were thinking of going through all the posts, and updating all the tags (if I understand correctly), but it may be simpler to simply change the functionality of the HDYT tags, so they behave exactly the same as regular tags. Then all the videos will show up in old posts, regardless of which tags they use, but you use only the regular tag for new posts going forward.

If you really want to completely get rid of the HDYT tags, this obviously isn't an option.

It barely would be any better, it's another "bandaid" like you say, but it keeps the videos up until the next database overhaul, when you're ready to get rid of the tag completely.

Though, personally, I don't mind if we "lose" all the old embedded videos, the data is still there, if people really want to watch old videos, they can still copy/paste that part after the youtube url. So as far as I'm concerned, you can just remove the tag without taking legacy videos into account.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

You guys should try signing up for this: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/223517768-Humble-Partner-Program-Beta-FAQ

I'm sure a lot of us here buy the Humble Bundles anyway.  Adding an extra slider which allows you guys to get a portion would be fine by me.  Though it might take a while before you get a payout as $250 is the minimum.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Shorty said:

Hm it's not really an option, so we'll probably just make a rule against it I think. It'd be against the long running forum rules for signature size anyway.

The 2 examples I know of, are from forum members who ehh haven't made the transition. Their old signature doesn't suit the new forum obviously, but they haven't logged in in a while..

@Mokong & @Hogge

This might not be something for the suggestion thread I guess but the Nintendo section itself but I figured I would put it here first.

I think it would be helpful for thread titles on multiformat games if when the thread is created in the Nintendo section first so thats where most of the discussion would be, if we could have the other formats available listed as well. It was the Romancing Saga 2 remake thread this morning that made me think about it as the title made it look like it was a Switch exclusive rather than giving all the information.

Obviously not a massive issue, just something I thought would be nice to do so we are more informed. I guess it relates to threads in the other consoles section as well.

58 minutes ago, bob said:

Needless segregation?

We are a Nintendo site and the segregation exists for various reasons (some people come here just for Nintendo, historically there's been little overlap in games on Nintendo and other consoles and now there's a decent stream of games coming to the Switch it is good it gets its own focus).

• Thanks 1