Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

Erm, I'm not sure you'll be able to do this, but I'll fire anyway. Might seem a bit crappy/redundant anyway, but you know how FaceBook has that option where you can click "like" and it says "X likes this" or "X many people like this" is there a way to incorporate this into posts.

I only ask, as a second ago Happenstance posted in Purchases, and a post seemed a little redundant to say "Awesome, let me know what its like" when, A) I know he will anyway, and B) cos lol.

But rather a like option would be handy almost to confirm that I have read and acknowlege the post.

Thats the sort of thing i meant by a rep system, i wish i could have remembered a site with it on.

How do other rep systems work? Just in the profiles or something?

I'm always using this forum as an example... but what they hey. http://forums.narutofan.com

You give rep for a good post. The more rep you have, the more 'points' you can give at once. You can't rep the same person over and over or too much in a day. Rep gives users a little green bar under their name (or red if they're idiots). You can look at a list of what posts you recieved rep for, although who gave it to you is usually left anonymous.

Simple truth is: we already tried it when the forums launched. It quickly became a squabble of unecessary negative reps, fallouts, arguments and elitism.

The 'I like this post' feature is quite nice though. Would have to be a bit more discreet than the one on MSE though :/

I think it should go on the individual posts rather than the member. Personally I think it would just create elitism.

Exactly, thats what it does, as in the example Odders showed. And as Shortster said, it needs to be more discreet. Its hugely distracting on that site.

Also preferably need a thumbs up symbol. It rings a nice chorde in me.

Has it ever been considered adding the arcade to the forum? Ive used it on a few others and its usually quite fun trying to beat other members scores.

Forum arcade are very easy to cheat, you can intercept most of the highscores being submitted.

Once people work this out it gets rid of ALL the fun.

Changed registration back to the old style image verification. If you could let me know if it works (although seeing a new member would probably do the same but I can be absent minded...)

Tried some basic maintenance stuff in the hopes it sorts out these wacky page number errors but its basically just repeating so hopefully Michael will come up with an answer soon.

• 3 weeks later...