Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Suggestions

Ashley

Suggestion ;

Area that doesnt count towards post count, where you can do MPOTD threads, Mafia games, Forum games (Good ones, not "count to 100") and such, which dont count towards point cost ;

Pros

- Cuts down on spam on rest of forum

- Allows for more personality building

- People make friendships and stronger bonds (Which is important in life)

Cons

- Possible bandwith issues (Solution = Donorship system, with privaleges such as larger avater, and increased PM box size)

- Nothing else

But Im sure this will never happen, and its for no good reason too. The potential is there!!!

Seriously, can we PLEASE get something similar to this. General Chit Chat is like a damned prison.

- MPT, one of the best topics on the forum, loved by most people, used by most people, great bit of banter, nice sense of community. The mods 'dont like it' because it's supposedly a spam fest (who gives a fuck?) so it's closed. Nice one.

- Ant and Harribo post a couple of spam messages and piss off a mod so they're banned. Plenty of people have spammed spam threads anyway. Think back to all those "NOKIA N95 FOR CHEAPPPPP!!!!!!!!!111111" threads. How many people posted random bullocks on those and got away scot free?

- Topics are closed or locked every 5 minutes by mods who can't stand that anyone DARES to challenge them about a decision. Censorship, again, nice one.

I like this place a lot and get on with most people, I just think some of the mods need to seriously get over themselves, take their fingers off the big red button that gives them a stiffy and makes them feel like god and lighten up a bit. Because seriously, as Dyson says...

This place gets worse by the day frankly.

- MPT, one of the best topics on the forum, loved by most people, used by most people, great bit of banter, nice sense of community. The mods 'dont like it' because it's supposedly a spam fest (who gives a fuck?) so it's closed. Nice one.

- Ant and Harribo post a couple of spam messages and piss off a mod so they're banned. Plenty of people have spammed spam threads anyway. Think back to all those "NOKIA N95 FOR CHEAPPPPP!!!!!!!!!111111" threads. How many people posted random bullocks on those and got away scot free?

- Topics are closed or locked every 5 minutes by mods who can't stand that anyone DARES to challenge them about a decision. Censorship, again, nice one.

I like this place a lot and get on with most people, I just think some of the mods need to seriously get over themselves, take their fingers off the big red button that gives them a stiffy and makes them feel like god and lighten up a bit. Because seriously, as Dyson says...

1) Mod's can't ban people.

2) You tell us to tidy up the boards, but complain when we do things you don't like.

Personally I think the MPT should be allowed. If you look at the forums today they've been uncharacteristically slow and I don't think thats because of the banned members. I understand why the MPT has been closed and why its a bit of a hassle to control but its kind of always been a constant in the forums. Its almost a necessary evil in maintaining the community.

Yes, it was annoying that some people abused it but most, if not all, those members have been banned now. Could it not be possible to assign a mod specifically for the MPT?? Otherwise it would be a shame to lose this general all encompassing banterthon that is the MPT.

Just my thoughts....

1) Mod's can't ban people.

2) You tell us to tidy up the boards, but complain when we do things you don't like.

1. Mods close topics, delete posts, warn people. Admins ban people. That's the gist of what I was saying.

2. I personally didn't ask anyone to tidy the boards up, by all means warn people, delete posts if necessary but things have been going way too far lately in the running of this board. I think so anyway.

1. Mods close topics, delete posts, warn people. Admins ban people. That's the gist of what I was saying.

2. I personally didn't ask anyone to tidy the boards up, by all means warn people, delete posts if necessary but things have been going way too far lately in the running of this board. I think so anyway.

I think the rules, ect. threads should be made more prominent so new members actually read them.

Seriously, can we PLEASE get something similar to this. General Chit Chat is like a damned prison.

We will never ever introduce a donor scheme.

(and I got the brave little toaster and the little engine that could muddled up. But still, the reference still worked)

And before anyone goes quoting me and askdemanding a lot of stuff, Im on a flying visit. Internet back soon (in my house) so I'm getting the staff to catch me up.

I know I supported the removal of the MPoTD thread but now I realise it was probably the only thread that kept me here...

Edit: Surely it's not deleted. I still have over 5k posts. If it was deleted I'd only have about 3k

We've never deleted a thread. Just moved to a more secure location. ;)

I know I supported the removal of the MPoTD thread but now I realise it was probably the only thread that kept me here...

Edit: Surely it's not deleted. I still have over 5k posts. If it was deleted I'd only have about 3k

It's in purgatory, so I think it still technically exists.

Good.

On another note, why isn't the PSP discussion on the handheld board because that place, like I said earlier, is criminally underused?

Because...

This is the place to talk about Nintendo's handheld consoles. Be it the DS, or the many incarnations of the Gameboy, do it in here!

This is a Nintendo forum first right?

Is the archive board here really called purgatory?