NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

Feel free to make a Mobile Gaming thread in "Other Consoles" - if it's popular enough, we'll sticky it.

Can we abbreviate "Nintendo Network ID" to "NNID" in the username column? The others are all on one line and that one pushes it down to two and it makes me extremely sad. This may just be my alignment OCD acting up though and I doubt it bothers anyone else.

Edited by Guy
OCD.

Can we abbreviate "Nintendo Network ID" to "NNID" in the username column? The others are all on one line and that one pushes it down to two and it makes me extremely sad. This may just be my alignment OCD acting up though and I doubt it bothers anyone else.

I guess I kinda agree actually. I do remember it sort of irking me when I set it, but I don't look there too often so it didn't bother me for long.

It could just be like...

NNID/Wii U:

3DS Code:

Wii Code:

Xbox Live:

PSN ID:

Steam ID:

Maybe the individual game friend codes could also be implemented into some kind of snazzy drop down box, or have an "Online Details" dropdown or button that loads all the information in a little pop-up piece of coding wizardry.

All would then align beautifully and I could resume sleeping at night.

This is a small query - would it be possible to have a checkbox in your settings to allow you to hide the banner? When at work it's generally quite easy to browse the grey forum style, but I always feel the banner seems quite standout and, well, a little babyish. Not that everything Nintendo is, but the cartoony style can come across that way to people around you.

Rather than a massive debate about this seemingly superficial request, would it be possible to implement? :p

Choose the Classic Stretchable theme in the bottom left corner. That one hasn't got a header so will solve your problem :)

This is a small query - would it be possible to have a checkbox in your settings to allow you to hide the banner? When at work it's generally quite easy to browse the grey forum style, but I always feel the banner seems quite standout and, well, a little babyish. Not that everything Nintendo is, but the cartoony style can come across that way to people around you.

Rather than a massive debate about this seemingly superficial request, would it be possible to implement? :p

I have the exact same problem. Thank you for the solution, Mr-Paul!

You could also hide the #top element with developer tools.

My first plan was to actually hide the image but I can't install extensions at work.

The header is one thing, but how do you justify the signatures/avatars?

Not mine, obviously mine is the most professional one out there.

Assuming the page is displaying correctly, they justify themselves.

The header is one thing, but how do you justify the signatures/avatars?

Not mine, obviously mine is the most professional one out there.

They don't appear at the top of every page you load and they aren't all Nintendo related!

PS, Where's your nostalgic sig gone?!

Not sure....

It disappeared once before, then came back. I thought it would return once more, but it looks like it may be gone for good...

Not sure....

It disappeared once before, then came back. I thought it would return once more, but it looks like it may be gone for good...

It's back!

Yeah i have no idea what is going on - i'm going to switch image hosts i think...

I had an idea - is it possible to implement a text (or maybe image) based timer that the user can set to reach 0 at a specified date and time? It would then count down to that time based on the user's system clock.

Some websites do this already and I was thinking it would be a nice idea for game countdown timers, with the possibility to set a message when it expires (e.g. game out now!). It'd also be useful for Mafia games if you wanted to set, say, a 1 day time limit until the next day phase started. Seeing a countdown clock so close to 0 could prompt people to act with more pace.

Can you give me an example of said website because...me no think good now.

I don't fully understand the idea, where would this countdown appear? In a post, in your notification area, in a user's sig? To everyone or just those that opt in? Do you set it for yourself or does someone set it for everyone?

Whilst the concept itself sounds easy to build, it might still be quite difficult to integrate with the forum software.

It sounds like you'd make a post and have like [countdown=00:00-27/09/88]omg mah birthdaiz[/countdown] and a timer would appear in your post and countdown to that time?

I was thinking it could appear within a post to everyone who viewed it - perhaps as a text timer that counts down by itself to a specified date and time based on the viewer's system time. This is just plucked out of air if this is possible, but it could be set something like:

[Timer=06.10.2013, 00:00]Mario 3D is out now![/Timer]. The first part being the date, the second part the time. And the text being what the timer is replaced with when the timer has elapsed.

In fact, I found a BBCode guide from someone with the same idea:

http://www.forummate.com/forums/index.php?topic=444411

That guide also accounts for timezone which is pretty cool

I think if it's not too much difficulty, it could be nice to tell people from just a glance how soon their anticipated game is coming out, or how long they have left to submit a Mafia target, etc.

Edit: With regards to that guide I can't make out if the seconds count down in real time or if the timer is static and updates when the page refreshes. A real time update timer would be cooler but not essential I guess.

Edited by Sheikah

Ah right if it's just in a post then that's an easy one, I'll take a look when I get a mo.