Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Warhammer

Esequiel

Does anyone here paint these things anymore? I remember i used to paint them when i was younger and i saw a store in meadowhall selling them, the urge to buy was massive!

Then i saw the price! £30+ for a small paint set!!! Gahhhhhhh!

I was well into Warhammer and Games-Workshop when I was younger. Absolute rip-off prices back in the day, they're even worse now.

The shop assistants were a proper pain until I became a regular then they knew you were hooked and wouldn't pester you to buy more crap.

By the time they shut the Luton store I'd just about run out of interest, I'm now free from it's wicked charms.

I was never into wargames really. Got massively into Heroclix when the Warhammer craze at school had passed, but that was cause it was about Superheroes. It's a fantastic game.

When Warhammer was a craze at school no one actually knew how to play. We just made up rules.

I had two boxes of Dark Eleves Wytches (or whatever they were called). One pack I painted (with my dad, to do it well, since so many people at school had horribly painted ones) red and purple, another white and black. I traded them with a friend for his copy of Pokemon Blue.

Don't hurt me but I thought Warhammer was that PS3/Xbox 360 game that's coming out. Then I read about painting figurines and then I got lost. But I do remember going into a shop once where a bunch of people were painting little figurines...I didn't know it was this though. The videogame looks cool but this isn't for me, although I have seen some figurines that were done nicely.

I'm not sure who it was but I remember a member here posting a video of what they painted figurine-wise and I found that quite impressive, for some reason I'm thinking it was EEVIL. Was that Warhammer?

Oh and here's the trailer for the Warhammer game. It looks GOW-ish but I love.

I don't think I've done that.

I know it was definitely somebody on here who painted figurines (and maybe a castle or something, I think) and they posted a video of it on here and it was quite impressive. Sorry for mistaking you but I know it was someone on here! I'll try and find the video.

It was of a castle and goblins (I think)

Paying an insane amount for figures which aren't even painted already.... :nono:

It's like buying water...:hmm:

Heh, fun fact: I've got hundrets of Euros worth of figurines around, and I've actually spent and enjoyed more time converting and painting them than actually playing with them.

It's like... a hobby. :p

Although I'm still out of it for the foreseeable future. Some day though...

@Dazz: You might want to have a look at this thread. ;)

Edited by Burny

I know it was definitely somebody on here who painted figurines (and maybe a castle or something, I think) and they posted a video of it on here and it was quite impressive. Sorry for mistaking you but I know it was someone on here! I'll try and find the video.

Could be ReZ and his heroclix shizzle?

@Dazz: You might want to have a look at this thread. ;)

Already redirected bitch :blank:

I enjoyed it, had a kick-ass Space Wolves Army back in the day, along with the Firebase and a Whirlwind. Artillery For The Whin.

I also had a Skaven army for Warhammer, but I never finished painting them.

We played a lot of Blood Bowl and Necromunda as well, though I always got my ass handed to me in the latter - I loved the Van Saar ethic, but could never make my squad work.

MURRAY is probably right. It was....probably one of these;

Hmmm how strange, I thought I did a Warhammer video too. Well. The only others ones were a specific Scream one (Spider-Man, not Wes Craven) and a Savage Dragon one/.

I walked into a Games Workshop when I was a fair bit younger and liked the look of this. I played a quick game against somebody at the store and thought "wowwwww, I want."

But, I was ultimately put off for two reasons:

1. To build a massive army, it would cost an insane amount of money and would require a lot of time painting, which I am shit at.

2. There were so many rules. There was a rule for absolutely everything. As I was a newcomer and was overwhelmed at the time, I didn't stick with it.

It's very interesting and if it were half the price to buy the stuff, I would have loved it. But, instead, I pumped the money I had into videogames and never looked back.