NEurope
MadDog

DIY Video Game Mafia

Happy for you to target me, it'd be nice to be cleared from the start of a game for once.

Of course by stating that you're an investigator and that you'll be targeting me you leave it entirely open for the mafia to influence results in whatever way they can.

You had something suspicious about you so you were probed. That's how the game works. You've given an alibi/info and you'll be left alone now unless something comes up that contradicts what you've said. I suggest you protect yourself at least for tonight but it's your call.

When the redirector wants to come forward (I think it'd probably be unwise to do so this early if you're town), I'd like to know who I ended up targeting last night :p

I don't buy "I don't think there's enough/not going to risk" speeches. Especially not elaborate and wordy ones like that. You are trying to hard.

You know everyone know that there isn't enough yet you act like you don't know and play Ese's saviour who is protecting him from the angry mob. I don't buy it. Your posts have mafia-trying-to-act-good-town written all over it.

Lynch Ese, it's good bet and we will learn a lot from it. Especially about dazz.

I always write long posts, I did so in Gentlemen's II so I believe length of posts has absolutely no relevance to alignments whatsoever. Nintendohnut writes pretty lengthy posts too so this must make him Mafia? Dumbest. Reason. Ever! (sorry but it's true). Also, your post is wordy as well, this must mean you're Mafia! :o

I'm not playing the saviour at all, if it was you, I'd do the same thing because it's way too early to call someone's alignment. If somebody tells me something and I think it's true, I'll vote but right now, my gut instinct is telling me not to.

It's the way you write that bothers me the most Just because you play hesistant info wanterer doesn't mean you are town, but you are trying very hard to be just that.

Yvonne, can you answer my questions from earlier in the thread please? I'll try to find them to make it easier but they weren't too long ago. You seem to have missed them/be ignoring them.

Sorry about that, totally forgot. I'm from MGS

Whoa, I missed a lot ... [/sarcasm]

So they actually got their poop together and fixed the internet at my hotel, so I'm back in action, baby! :D So far I have nothing to add, except that the whole Ese and Dazz thing has been blown a bit out of proportions. Ese forgettting to send in a target is not impossible, but pretty implausible; however, even if he did actually lie about it, why would that necessarily make him mafia? I mean, hell, I kept my protection power secret (while coming out with all my other character info and thus practically lying about my powers) in Gents II to not make myself a target. Also, his overreaction is pretty typical Ese behaviour, to be honest. He's always pretty exciteable in mafia games. The same goes for Dazz's behaviour, actually - it strikes me as being pretty Dazz-y.

Sorry about that, totally forgot. I'm from MGS

Cool thanks :)

Also, did you receive a PM last night? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to work something out. I might be totally wrong, but I reckon it's better to sort it out now than wait a few days.

No, did you not receive one though? A simple yes or no would clear up some confusion on my part.

Meh, I find the things on Esequiel too little to act on. I mean, I would act annoyed too if I was being questioned for something stupid. I personally almost never forget to send in a PM, but it can happen.

Dazz though on the other hand.. Just a tip in general: it’s fine to deliberately not use your abilities on a night, if you have a good reason for doing so.. But not doing anything on night 1 because you don’t have any suspicions yet isn’t one in my opinion. A lot of this game is based on luck.. You might get lucky. And yes, you might get unlucky, stopping a useful townie for example, but nonetheless, you will most likely get even a tiny bit of info out of it. And others will too. So it’s always useful to send in an action, unless you have a really good reason.

Not as far as I know

Okaaaaay, well I assume you would know if you got one, so I'll take that as a no. Thanks, that's very helpful!

Smeagol, I totally agree with your stance.

sorry dohnut, no is only two characters and they want ten minimum :)

Nintendohnut did you target Yvonne?

oh didn't scroll all the way up, you're choosing not to be specific :p I see.

If you did target Yvonne then I have reason to believe I was redirected to her which could mean you ended up with Dazz - my original target.

Aha. Well then, same question to Dazz please :)

Oh and Dazz did you say you can't find yourself in the write-up? Just double-checking!

Night 1 is over!

The special agent ReZ?went about his business as normal, he found the pilot Peeps and did his thing. The pilot Peeps was out looking when a white coated character came to talk redirector. The pilot Peeps then found the engineer Yvonne?, which confused the pilot Peeps. The flexible character Nintendohnut or Dazz?was also hovering around, they then waited.

The hat wearing character was on the look out, until a Jamaican man changed the hat wearing characters plans. The hat wearing character then found the flexible character. The green character also found the hat wearing character.

The engineer Yvonne?tried to complete their task, but things were missing.

The green wearing woman found the suited men, by the time they said goodbye, it was already morning. The green wearing woman kept looking over her shoulder and seeing the blue eyed young woman there.

The wolf was racing around, trying to complete their actions for the night. By the end of the night, they came to a conclusion and returned home.

The ash-white character wouldn’t stop until the desired target was found. The ash-white character found the armoured mans house, and just walked in.

The orange haired character was small, and on another day she might of escaped the computer. The trapdoor to a fiery death was ready and waiting, the orange haired character stepped on it and fell to her death.

mr-paul is dead. He was Midna.

He was good. He could learn players alignments.

So we may have the first paragraph decoded a bit.

Gah, so the connection appears to still be dodgy ... if I'm here, great! If not, it's 'cause my internet sucks at the moment! :p

I can't even believe 2 people have voted for me! Has no one ever thought they had sent something in and not, jesus I forget once!

I can't believe you absolutely positively refused to give ANYTHING and get so upset that two people have put a vote on you when YOU vote on much lesser things in other mafias. To give us absolutely nothing(we're asking for a full roleclaim or anything, just...something) makes me feel like you don't trust us/think you know better than us, or are trying to hide something.

Alright fine, when I get killed tonight at least I'm proved right.

Im Marcus fenix from GoW, at night I can either protect myself from anything, or target someone for information via interrogation.

This placates me for now. If I DO end up silenced tomorrow, it might be a little to convinient that Esequiel would guess that as an unstated side effect of his power, and consider him a silencer. I'd imagine he'll reveal something about me then I die the next day and not be able to confirm it.

Remove Vote

This actually interested me a little bit because the question is: How do you know?

How do we know you're not acting or going to act in interest to the town? How do we know anybody is yet? Voting for him because of that isn't really a valid reason in my eyes, it just comes off as desperate to me for some reason. It's like you all WANT him out of the game for any reason at all, no matter how small. To me, voting for him for that right now is like saying "I'm voting for Esequiel because he's breathing". If anybody has anything solid on him, come forward and say so and I'll place my vote but even then I still wouldn't because I wouldn't know if I can trust the information-holder because IT'S TOO EARLY IN THE GAME. I think true colours come out around about the third or fourth day or something like that.

Have I actually missed something because I seem to be rather confused right now. As far as I can see, people are voting for Esequiel just because he forgot to send in a target. Yes it seems a bit dodgy but I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt right now. If I've missed something and he's been confirmed, please tell me.

Meanwhile, has anybody actually got any solid information about anybody right now and not just rumours and suspicions?

This is such a fishy post right here. Like..what? Did I say I KNOW he's never ever possibly ever gonna act in the interests of town? Or did I express my own opinion and reasoning for my vote that I'm entitled to?

Well I'm keeping my vote regardless because I don't think he's acting, or is going to act, in any sort of interest to the town.

I'd also really like to highlight the point of needing to vote in a time-limited game. 48 hours is an easy enough time for suspicious mafia to lay low/ignore the thread and then kill in the night, so I'll be watching carefully for people doing so.

Oh wait, yeah, I totally did the latter. Also pointed out further the importance of needing to vote as this game goes on.

The point about us 'all wanting him out of the game' is also completed unfounded, there was like...not even near half the majority of votes on him? I haven't been keeping count, but unless I'm very much wrong there wasn't even more than 3?! (Me, Yvonne, Tales)

And yes, you've missed a lot that's been stated. Or maybe you're choosing to actively play dumb and ignore it.

Meh, I find the things on Esequiel too little to act on. I mean, I would act annoyed too if I was being questioned for something stupid. I personally almost never forget to send in a PM, but it can happen.

Dazz though on the other hand.. Just a tip in general: it’s fine to deliberately not use your abilities on a night, if you have a good reason for doing so.. But not doing anything on night 1 because you don’t have any suspicions yet isn’t one in my opinion. A lot of this game is based on luck.. You might get lucky. And yes, you might get unlucky, stopping a useful townie for example, but nonetheless, you will most likely get even a tiny bit of info out of it. And others will too. So it’s always useful to send in an action, unless you have a really good reason.

Personally I actually agree on not protecting/roleblocking on the first few nights if no PMs are recieved/you absolutely are not sure about anyone. Roleblocking/protecting and investigator wouldn't do more harm than good imo, and probs not worth the risk.

I know he was bluffing Esequiel, but didn't ReZ imply he was some sort of tracker earlier? I did question him on this but he seems to have not addressed my post.

No, he was just fishing for information, he didn't actually say what he was.

Also, I'm pretty sure I'm not the thing The Peeps pointed at me being in the writeup analysis. The flexible character. Don't think it's me.

Then I'll ask ReZ again;

So that is....about three people who claim to not be in the write up. Do you other people who state you are not in the write up know why you might not be? Is there a game reason? Because with the high amount of people who ARE in it....it would appear everyone gets a mention unless there is a game specific reason. i.e. someone blatantly has a "don't appear in write up" power.

And Esequiel, what would you do if someone said that they reverse tracked someone and got told that that player was targeted by you?

My interpretation of the write up;

The special agent went about his business as normal, he found the pilot and did his thing Investigation/Roleblock/Or something. The pilot was out looking when a white coated character came to talk. The pilot then found the engineer, which confused the pilot Redirection. The flexible character was also hovering around, they then waited. Reverse tracker/Protector

The hat wearing character was on the look out Tracker/reverse tracker, until a Jamaican man changed the hat wearing characters plans Redirection. The hat wearing character then found the flexible character. The green character also found the hat wearing character. Track/Reverse track/protect/NOT roleblock.

The engineer tried to complete their task, but things were missing. ???

The green wearing woman found the suited men, by the time they said goodbye, it was already morning Jailkeep. The green wearing woman kept looking over her shoulder and seeing the blue eyed young woman there.

The wolf was racing around, trying to complete their actions for the night. By the end of the night, they came to a conclusion and returned home. Investigator of some kind...maybe power investigator.

The ash-white character wouldn’t stop until the desired target was found. The ash-white character found the armoured mans house, and just walked in. Ignores other peoples powers? Relentless? No idea.

The orange haired character was small, and on another day she might of **have escaped the computer. The trapdoor to a fiery death was ready and waiting, the orange haired character stepped on it and fell to her death.Computer is some kind of something that does not appear in the write up. Yvonne has eluded to being the computer thing from Portal. Portal has trap door type things?

So you're an information gatherer. Shame you forgot to send in a target. :(

So ReZ got that Esequiel targeted someone through reverse tracking. If he didn't send a target, could Esequiel really be redirected?

Are you or are you not one of those trackers ReZ? Cos if you are then surely you got something? Though I guess at early days like this the information is still shallow, just want to confirm what you're saying.

I can't believe you absolutely positively refused to give ANYTHING and get so upset that two people have put a vote on you when YOU vote on much lesser things in other mafias. To give us absolutely nothing(we're asking for a full roleclaim or anything, just...something) makes me feel like you don't trust us/think you know better than us, or are trying to hide something.

Check my record rummy, iv not been wrong yet:)

Aha. Well then, same question to Dazz please :)

Oh and Dazz did you say you can't find yourself in the write-up? Just double-checking!

Yeah. I didn't give out a target so that may possibly be why I'm not in there.

I also find Dazz's posts suspiciously/weirdly wordy :P Lots of fluff, or something.

Esequiel, why do you always do that? "I said my power so it's useless now. To make it even more useless, I will announce who I'll target so I can be redirected/messed with!" (Unless you're bluffing, haha.)

ReZ is not the special agent, *I think*.

--

Any other leads? I'm ignoring all of the overly defensive posts :P