NEurope
MadDog

DIY Video Game Mafia

Vote: dazz

Lol.

Dazz, I don't think you understand exactly what I'm saying. Fine, you chose not to send in a target, and that's cool. If you chose not to, I understand that. However, Esequiel is saying he literally forgot to send one in, despite the thread being bumped several times during the night phase, and the night phase being strangely long. Considering Esequiel was checking the mafia board regularly because of the other game(s), I find it unlikely he wouldn't have seen the new posts and remembered to send a PM. After that my suspicion was simply due to his angry/massively defensive post. Your post, whether by accident or not, seemed to totally back up everything Esequiel was saying whilst refusing to give information (despite nobody asking you for it), which I thought was funny.

This game isn't about waiting for information. Yes, information is useful, but it's much more about discussion during the day phase. Picking up on small details is vital, and asking people questions helps to build up the information the town has. It also makes us much more likely to catch out a mafioso, which is why more often than not they aren't willing to give info.

I understand people's unwillingness to come forward today as its the start of the game (I am the same) but voting for me because I was asking questions is a bit silly in my opinion.

I just think the whole thing's a little silly, really. I do agree that it's a bit weird but I would totally say it may be possible. But he does have a right to defend himself considering people just suddenly voted for him just because he forgot to send in a vote. I mean, whether he forgot or not, it's still a bit silly in my honest opinion.

And in my honest opinion, it just sounds like you're backing him up. So if he turns out to be mafia, I'd say you are too. That's just my opinion.

Although I admit that at the moment that doesn't get us anywhere.

Vote: No Lynch

If the day is timed, there's not much point in voting for no lynch. Someone might come in with some last minute information anyway.

And in my honest opinion, it just sounds like you're backing him up. So if he turns out to be mafia, I'd say you are too. That's just my opinion.

Although I admit that at the moment that doesn't get us anywhere.

Vote: No Lynch

I'd say this with anybody in a situation like this on the second day, even you. If you were in Esequiel's shoes, I'd say the same thing.

Fact is, you can't trust nobody right now and nobody's going to give out information right now.

Oh and Vote: No Lynch

Well I'm keeping my vote regardless because I don't think he's acting, or is going to act, in any sort of interest to the town.

I'd also really like to highlight the point of needing to vote in a time-limited game. 48 hours is an easy enough time for suspicious mafia to lay low/ignore the thread and then kill in the night, so I'll be watching carefully for people doing so.

mmm, you're right. In lieu of anything else going on I will

vote Esequiel

I can understand it being a quiet weekend but we should really make a bit more progress or we're gonna get in trouble. I might remove vote if we get something useful...then again it could be useful to the baddies too.

Nothing ventured

I can't even believe 2 people have voted for me! Has no one ever thought they had sent something in and not, jesus I forget once!

I was mafia with him once, and even I wanted him lynched.

Vote Esequiel

aw, that's kinda mean...

is the info you have for day 1 going to get you killed, or more valuable in a few days? Or is it ok for you to drop? I'm only voting to get things moving at this stage, so you could be cleared real easy

Given recent incidents maybe I should point out there was a pinch of sarcasm in that ;)

Well I'm keeping my vote regardless because I don't think he's acting, or is going to act, in any sort of interest to the town.

I'd also really like to highlight the point of needing to vote in a time-limited game. 48 hours is an easy enough time for suspicious mafia to lay low/ignore the thread and then kill in the night, so I'll be watching carefully for people doing so.

This actually interested me a little bit because the question is: How do you know?

How do we know you're not acting or going to act in interest to the town? How do we know anybody is yet? Voting for him because of that isn't really a valid reason in my eyes, it just comes off as desperate to me for some reason. It's like you all WANT him out of the game for any reason at all, no matter how small. To me, voting for him for that right now is like saying "I'm voting for Esequiel because he's breathing". If anybody has anything solid on him, come forward and say so and I'll place my vote but even then I still wouldn't because I wouldn't know if I can trust the information-holder because IT'S TOO EARLY IN THE GAME. I think true colours come out around about the third or fourth day or something like that.

Have I actually missed something because I seem to be rather confused right now. As far as I can see, people are voting for Esequiel just because he forgot to send in a target. Yes it seems a bit dodgy but I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt right now. If I've missed something and he's been confirmed, please tell me.

Meanwhile, has anybody actually got any solid information about anybody right now and not just rumours and suspicions?

Sorry if you're town esequiel but I'm interested in carrying this early lynch out - half because I genuinely suspect you and half to see how it affects the game.

Alright fine, when I get killed tonight at least I'm proved right.

Im Marcus fenix from GoW, at night I can either protect myself from anything, or target someone for information via interrogation.

That post reeks mafia.

Then your senses are rubbish, lmao. ;)

As I said, if there's any information on him tomorrow or the day after and the guy giving information can be trusted, I'll do it but right now, nobody can be trusted and nobody is really on my suspicious list except for those who seem to really want Esequiel gone for some reason.

It just seems a bit too odd, that's all. It may be nothing and you guys may be right but I'm not going to risk that so early and with little evidence and information. Sorry, it's just not enough for me.

Yvonne, can you answer my questions from earlier in the thread please? I'll try to find them to make it easier but they weren't too long ago. You seem to have missed them/be ignoring them.

Alright fine, when I get killed tonight at least I'm proved right.

Im Marcus fenix from GoW, at night I can either protect myself from anything, or target someone for information via interrogation.

That's enough for me. I don't think I put a vote on in the end but Remove vote just in case. Personally if I had such a power I would not forget to send in my target but I should not try to project my own priorities onto you. Also, if you can protect yourself surely you won't be killed tonight? I'd be amazed if you didn't protect yourself unless you're lying.

As for the confusion, I think Rummy was asking whether I had confirmed that or not. I didn't get anything about being confused in my PM, I think I said before but I only received one word. I think it's my character that is confused in the write-up though so I'm not trusting my result for last night until I can find out who I ended up targeting.

I I don't start targeting people then my power is useless. Bow the mafia know about me they will most likely target me most nights rendering me useless, which is great for them thanks to the town being idiots yet again.

Yep you're right. The town are meant to know from the start who is telling the truth and who isn't.

I've actually been holding back and the mafia is: Jayseven, Eenuh, Dannyboy, Nintendohnut and Tellyn.

It's so obvious, town! YOU IDIOTS.

What I mean by idiots is on DAY 1 latching onto someone who says 1 thing and hounding them out when they have a power important to the town rather than just leaving it and asking why the other 20 players haven't come forward with anything.

Just so rummy knows il be targeting you tonight, I'm not sure what will happen as it says you will be interrogated so if your silenced or whatever tomorrow sorry.

Then your senses are rubbish, lmao. ;)

As I said, if there's any information on him tomorrow or the day after and the guy giving information can be trusted, I'll do it but right now, nobody can be trusted and nobody is really on my suspicious list except for those who seem to really want Esequiel gone for some reason.

It just seems a bit too odd, that's all. It may be nothing and you guys may be right but I'm not going to risk that so early and with little evidence and information. Sorry, it's just not enough for me.

I don't buy "I don't think there's enough/not going to risk" speeches. Especially not elaborate and wordy ones like that. You are trying to hard.

You know everyone know that there isn't enough yet you act like you don't know and play Ese's saviour who is protecting him from the angry mob. I don't buy it. Your posts have mafia-trying-to-act-good-town written all over it.

Lynch Ese, it's good bet and we will learn a lot from it. Especially about dazz.