NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Love the Boruto Episode 8. Also I found out that The Seventh Hokage and the Scarlet Spring aka Sarada Gaiden are coming to the anime soon.

I've just bought Death Note on Blu-ray! Too happy!a31af142815505104ba1bd195ff03994.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Watched the first three quarters of Attack on Titan. It's on Netflix, and the dubs don't match up with the subs at all. In some cases they contradict each other.

The show is pretty good though. I mean the dialogue is atrocious and the animation is terrible, but I'm enjoying it.

Watched the first three quarters of Attack on Titan. It's on Netflix, and the dubs don't match up with the subs at all. In some cases they contradict each other.

The show is pretty good though. I mean the dialogue is atrocious and the animation is terrible, but I'm enjoying it.

I love the animation in Attack on Titan. I'm easily pleased with anime though, haha. I love Sword Art Online and Deadman Wonderland too.

Just finished watching the first season of My Hero Academia and really enjoyed it. Its got me in the mood to finally watch One Punch Man but I've got the blu ray for that preordered so I'd rather wait otherwise it feels like a bit of a waste.

Looking on my shelves I'm thinking I'll watch either Durarara, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu or maybe carry onto the next One Piece collection.

I love the animation in Attack on Titan. I'm easily pleased with anime though, haha. I love Sword Art Online and Deadman Wonderland too.

It's pretty bad in some places. I suspect they cheaped out in some scenes in order to make better ones. The scenes of two Titans fighting looked great, but in others they just looked crap. Like when the characters are travelling via ODM, and they are just flying stationary while chatting. Also in one shot, a guy is running in one direction, and the scenery is moving in the other.

Anyhow, I finished this last night. It's still got ropey dialogue, but something about it is just so watchable. They didn't really clear up much at the end of season 1 though, and just introduced more questions. I hope it's not one of those shows that just makes things up as they go.

I might wait until Season 2 is complete and on Netflix before I watch it though.

It's pretty bad in some places. I suspect they cheaped out in some scenes in order to make better ones. The scenes of two Titans fighting looked great, but in others they just looked crap. Like when the characters are travelling via ODM, and they are just flying stationary while chatting. Also in one shot, a guy is running in one direction, and the scenery is moving in the other.

That's just anime for you... I'd try and learn to accept that if you're going to watch more serialised teenage-boy (shonen) anime like AoT. They have a budget and they tend to go for quality in key scenes rather than a balanced average.

That's just anime for you... I'd try and learn to accept that if you're going to watch more serialised teenage-boy (shonen) anime like AoT. They have a budget and they tend to go for quality in key scenes rather than a balanced average.

Yeah, as I said, it's still very watchable so I'm not too fussed. I do love how overly dramatic everything is, it's ridiculous.

I still need to finish watching Attack on Titan at some point. I got just over half way through when it was originally released and then just dropped off and never came back to it.

They didn't really clear up much at the end of season 1 though, and just introduced more questions. I hope it's not one of those shows that just makes things up as they go.

No, it's just a quick adaptation of a Manga that's still in publication, hence the weird pacing. It's pretty clear the author has a longterm plan for it, but his love for twists and swerves does make it look like he pulls them out of nowhere.

At first I was a bit tired of them bringing back Frieza, but he's really proven interesting, especially in this episode where we don't know if he's going to betray Goku or not and his interactions with Goku so far. Looking forward to seeing how Vegeta and Kuririn react.

Maybe I wasn't in the right mood and I sorta started playing Fire Emblem half way through, but I watched Evangelion 3.33 last week and I have no idea what happened in it.

At first I was a bit tired of them bringing back Frieza, but he's really proven interesting, especially in this episode where we don't know if he's going to betray Goku or not and his interactions with Goku so far. Looking forward to seeing how Vegeta and Kuririn react.

Maybe I wasn't in the right mood and I sorta started playing Fire Emblem half way through, but I watched Evangelion 3.33 last week and I have no idea what happened in it.

Having him in the mix has certainly spiced things up. Crazy how strong he is now. I'm expecting some kind of a back stab to happen but I've honestly got no idea how it's all gonna play out. Can't wait!

Honestly, these last two episodes have been better than the entire Resurrection F arc, including the film.

I'm still bummed that Buu isn't in the tournament, but at least Freeza is genuinely interesting for the first time in a long time

Watched the first 12 episodes of Dragon Ball Super...pretty boring so far.

Not sure if watching the movie would've been better. Most likely a little more fast paced but still...the whole arc isn't interesting at all. Don't know whether it'll improve much.

The second arc is also basically a movie stretched out over several episodes?

Not sure if watching the movie would've been better. Most likely a little more fast paced but still...the whole arc isn't interesting at all. Don't know whether it'll improve much.

What you're watching now is basically the Battle of Gods movie, the second arc covers Resurection F. And yes, watch the movies instead. You can skip to episode 28 of Super.

Frieza's power boost since Resurrection F is truly terrifying. To be able to counter God of Destruction Ki, something Goku was unable to do makes him a very real threat again even to Beerus. Thank goodness that the tournament is starting next week.

You already made it farther than I did. I gave up on episode 5, and only watched the rest to see the Portuguese version. The pacing is horrendous (an entire episode dedicated to rock-paper-scissors? Holy pork, what a low) and, for no reason whatsoever, they removed the funnier bits from the film, like Vegeta's bingo dance or this exchange:

Pilaf: Freeze! I have a gun!

Gohan (tipsy): Ooh! Shoot me! :D

Worst part is, Battle of the Gods is possibly the best Dragon Ball film, good enough to convincingly revive the franchise, and Super just botched it. I recommend watching that film, even if you already saw that arc in the series.

The second film is "meh", but still better than the Super adaptation (by virtue of being shorter :heh:). I'm seconding Ike, and recommend you just watch that, then skip to episode 28.

I just want to chime in and thank whoever, probably @Emerald Emblem, recommended My Hero Academia. Much fun watching, was such a shame when I caught up all too quickly.

I just want to chime in and thank whoever, probably @Emerald Emblem, recommended My Hero Academia. Much fun watching, was such a shame when I caught up all too quickly.

I need to get around to watching the second series of that, I enjoyed the first.

Just finished watching Steins;Gate@drahkon.

It was really good! Loved the time travel plot, which didn't get too bogged down or have any ridiculous paradoxes.

My only gripe was the sheer number of names everyone has - was really confusing at the beginning. Everyone has a full name, some people have a nickname, others have unwanted nicknames, some have code names and pet names. It's probably easier if you speak Japanese tbf.

• Like 1

Started reading Golden Kamui and I'm really enjoying it so far, 22 chapters in.

Anyone else read it?

I need to decide what to move onto next. I've watched Black Lagoon, My Hero Academia and The Devil is a Part-Timer recently. I'm thinking I'll either move onto another One Piece collection or maybe start Prison School.

Yo, bet I'm the last bloke you expected to see here, huh?

Yeah, I'm not a massive anime fan but @Ugh First Aid suggested to me an anime called Ghost Stories.

It's a children's anime made in 2000. Basically a horror themed adventure show. Kinda like a Japanese Scooby-Doo. It bombed in Japan and was cancelled after 20 episodes. With good reason, it wasn't very good.

So why am I here talking about it? Well, it gets more interesting 5 years later. You see, the company that owned it went bankrupt and decided to sell the dubbing rights to ADV. They asked if there were any restrictions to how they dub it but were told "Do whatever you want"

The result is... well...

tumblr_ndlpm6pEoZ1rjsv4to2_1280.jpg

Yep, they gag dub it. You could argue that this did the Anime Abridged series a whole year before Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged happened. And it's completely official. There's fourth wall breaking, incredibly inappropriate dialogue and a serious vendetta against the career of Christian Slater.

My favourite Character was Momoko, in the original production, she's a shy girl, in the dub...

tumblr_m6f434N9nL1rw4zcao1_500.gif

She's a Bible Basher, because of course she is.

As far as official dubs go, it's pretty unique. It takes a pretty bland anime and turns it into a very entertaining comedy. I recommend it for a good laugh. It's only 20 episodes and is consistently solid.

bd5bc281fb4903f834371b4a368b312d9f644c12

• Like 3