NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

I thought this interesting little development might be appreciated here.

So, I'm currently living in central Sapporo and figured I could do with some food from the convenience store and a strangely named apartment building caught my eye whilst walking along the alleyway

14264060_10157403163115720_6741290254229823695_n.jpg?oh=c38009180043370e3fb3ce39517ca5de&oe=583C8CE1

I had a little chuckle. For those who can't remember or haven't watched it, Mari screams this in the second Rebuild of Evangelion movie. After sending it to Guy, we were wondering when exactly this was built and if it is just a coincidence.

I found out it was built in 2013, but just as I found that out, I discover this is no coincidence. Here is the website for the apartment complex, just look at the fucking interior!

Wondering as giving One Piece a try again is paying off and I'm enjoying it, should I be doing the same with Naruto? That's another one I only watched the first couple of episodes and gave up and I was under the impression for a long time that it was much more of a kids show.

I bought the first Naruto collection tonight so I can give it a try so we'll see how that goes. I was just going to stream it somewhere but I tend to give things more of a chance if I've actually spent money on them.

So yesterday's Ace Attorney was the last episode, I wonder about a second season to finish the trilogy at least, but I don't know how well it was received in Japan.

I hope so, I really wanted to see Godot. If they do 2 games per season then they can do another 2 seasons.

Still working my way through One Piece, just watching episode 71 in the Little Garden Arc. Does anyone know when I should be watching the movies?

Still working my way through One Piece, just watching episode 71 in the Little Garden Arc. Does anyone know when I should be watching the movies?

You can probably watch movies 1 & 2 now.

3 - After Drum Island

4 & 5 - After Alabasta

6 - Long Ring Long Land Arc

7 - After Skypiea?

8 - After Alabasta (it's a retelling)

9 - After Enies Lobby

10 & 11 - After Marineford, maybe a bit after - I can't remember when a certain plot point happens that may spoil you.

There's a bit in 7 that while technically fits before Enies Lobby, I'm not sure I'd want to see it before that.

Edited by Shorty

I almost said after Enies Lobby, but the movie originally came out before Enies Lobby first aired.

So the final fight in Naruto (anime) has concluded. I actually thought it was brilliant. Not sure if it improved on what apparently some people considered lackluster in the manga since I haven't read that beyond half of part two. The series isn't completely over, guess one or two episodes to tie it up (hope they don't pad it out with filler and embarrass themselves one last time) but it's basically done. Some of the ending I had spoiled for me, some of it I did not.

The series had its ups and its deep, deep downs - but those downs were 99% to do with filler. Never really felt the story falter, unlike with Bleach etc.. Can't believe I've been watching it for 12+ years.

I hope one day they re-release it along the lines of DBZ Kai, improve the poorly drawn and animated parts, cut out all the filler. That could be a pretty special collection.

I thought Naruto went completely downhill from the 5 Kage Summit. It never again came close to the feeling of the earlier part of the story, by the end I didn't care what happened, I just wanted to see it end.

Holy crap! Shingeki no Kyojin!!!!!

You reading it son? Because holy shit, what a fucking chapter, huge info dump.

You reading it son? Because holy shit, what a fucking chapter, huge info dump.

Yeah, reading. It's one of the best things I've read, the story possibilities going forward that this chapter opens up... oh boy!

Yeah, reading. It's one of the best things I've read, the story possibilities going forward that this chapter opens up... oh boy!

I highly suggest reading this page on Wikipedia after reading the chapter. Folks who are anime only, don't click the link!

Anyone watched Re: Zero? I recommend it :)

Also decided to rewatch Naruto using a fan cut that skips out all the filler. Despite cutting out a lot, I forgot how shit the beginning is. Apart from beating Mizuki, it's pretty much unwatchable until the bridge arc starts. Stuff with Konohamaru and meeting Team 7... seems very much targeted at kids (I know the whole series isn't exactly for my age anymore but still, there used to be some appeal).

Edited by Shorty

Crunchyroll are doing Dragonball Super simulcasts starting yesterday! It's US only but you can use a VPN.

Edit: There's also a Chrome extension, but I'm not sure how safe it is.

Edited by Ike

Looking for some anime song recommendations. I have a playlist which I add to when I hear something I like and I'd like to keep it growing so there's enough songs in there to keep it feeling stale on shuffle.

So many feelings in the Naruto/Hinata episode. "I don't have anyone, but I never cry." Forward to watch the Sasuke/Sakura tomorrow. Also I found out that they already done an OVA based on "The day Naruto becomes Hokage."

I wasn't feeling that ep at all personally, would rather they just covered post-war stuff instead of retconning N/H's meeting again. On the other hand, it didn't really feel like an ep of Naruto at all and the artwork was like nothing they've ever put out before - which was really interesting.

Watched the Boruto movie at the weekend though, I liked that a lot!

Had a bit of a break but I'm still working my way through One Piece. I'm assuming I'm near the end of the Alabasta arc, that one sure is long isn't it!

One Piece chapter 844... those feels... :cry::cry::cry:

The current arc has been really good so far, even if it does feel similar to previous arc stories.