NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

Watching the original Fullmetal Alchemist now I have my blu ray. Its weird going back to it after having watched Brotherhood a few times. Still a great show obviously but I can definitely see they got a lot better in Brotherhood, especially with the voice acting for certain characters.

Does Avatar: The Last Airbender fit in here? I don't really understand the difference between an Anime and a cartoon...

Anyway, I'm about halfway through the third season and absolutely loving it. Shall be sad when it ends.

Still, I heard they made a film, so I could check that out.

The difference is quite simple... anime is Japanese. So it doesn't technically fit, but I'm sure plenty of anime fans will have seen Avatar. There's a follow up series. Not sure if you're joking about the film but if not, no, you really should not watch that.

So I've watched up to episode 18 of my Lucky Star Blu Ray whilst playing Pokemon Sun, I still love it as much as I did 10 years ago, maybe even more so now. It's such a pleasant casual watch.

So I've watched up to episode 18 of my Lucky Star Blu Ray whilst playing Pokemon Sun, I still love it as much as I did 10 years ago, maybe even more so now. It's such a pleasant casual watch.

Lucky Star is that one anime that gets funnier with every watch for me. As I tend to watch a lot of old anime and play more classic games like RPGs, there's always more jokes and references I end up understanding. Great series.

I feel like I got alot more of the references this time around than the first time I watched it when it aired. It also made me want to watch Haruhi again but I can't find a blu-ray release of that series to save my life.

In other news i've got a 48hour Crunchyroll Premium pass of anyone wants it, they just keep sending them >_<

Finished watching Avatar last night. Really enjoyed it. Such a well-put-together show.

The finale was great, but there were a couple of things missing, such as I really wanted a flashback to how Iroh got out of prison (would have been awesome), and I thought there needed to be some sort of resolution to Kitaras blood bending storyline. It seemed like they were setting it up to be a big part of her story arc, and then just forget about it.

Oh well, still a good ending though.

Finished watching Avatar last night.

Now watch The Legend of Korra. It's a much better show in my oppinion and expands on the first Avatar series.

Looking for some anime song recommendations. I have a playlist which I add to when I hear something I like and I'd like to keep it growing so there's enough songs in there to keep it feeling stale on shuffle.

Background songs or opening/ending or anything?

The ending of the last arc of Dragonball Super was pretty dark. :o

Been watching One Piece collection 14, been ages since I've last seen Thriller Bark. Yohohoho!

Now watch The Legend of Korra. It's a much better show in my oppinion and expands on the first Avatar series.

I've watched the first 5 episodes, and I'm unsure so far. I don't like the new setting, and Korra is much more annoying than Aang.

Still, I'll give it a chance. It might pick up!

I felt the same about Korra and ultimately stopped watching, but I think it was meant to have gotten better towards the end?

Bought the collector's edition bundle in today's AllTheAnime Christmas sale. The staff pick 5 collector's editions to send out in the package but you don't know which until it arrives. Looking forward to seeing what I get.

I felt it picked up midway through the first book but i guess it's not for everyone.

Never knew about that collector edition thing over at all the anime. Bought one myself, will let you know what I get when it comes though.

I just opened the Samurai Flamenco boxset that AllTheAnime sent me today and it had lists off staff picks of both blu ray and dvds. I assume this is what we are getting (I'll keep it in spoiler tags in case you wanted the surprise:

Blu Ray:

Gankutsuou

Expelled From Paradise

Aldnoah Zero

Fuse

Hal

Dvd:

Blood Blockade Battlefront

Harmony

Terror In Resonance

Beck

Gurren Lagann

If that does turn out to be the blu ray list then I'm pretty happy with it. I haven't seen any of them.

Load of anime arrived today. The 5 collector's editions from AllTheAnime and then my Death Note blu ray set.

C0D1EjxXUAEaklX.jpg

Load of anime arrived today. The 5 collector's editions from AllTheAnime and then my Death Note blu ray set.

C0D1EjxXUAEaklX.jpg

You buy anime at such a rate.

Just got mine also. Exact same though.

ZUk5USB.jpg

Edited by martinist

Oda, take a fucking bow! One Piece is sooooooo good!

Just read the latest chapter. HOLY SHIT. Did not expect that.

Amazing!

Just read the latest chapter. HOLY SHIT. Did not expect that.

Amazing!

Ain't that right?! I was wondering if there was something to

Pudding's 3rd Eye given that we hadn't seen it this arc, lo and behold it shows her true colours!

It's so bloody epic!