NEurope
Shorty

The new anime and manga thread! [Use Spoiler Tags!]

What an amazing chapter for One Piece yet again! Oda you are just giving me goosebumps every time I read a chapter!

You read it @drahkon?

What an amazing chapter for One Piece yet again! Oda you are just giving me goosebumps every time I read a chapter!

You read it @drahkon?

I have. Great chapter : peace:

Can't wait for the next one.

Ok I'm looking to waste some Christmas money and could use some opinions on the following shows:

Haikyu

Nobunaga The Fool

Trinity Seven

Edit: Got some recommendations on another forum and was told to definitely drop Nobunaga so i ordered the others.

Edited by Happenstance

So, I've recently watched Joker Game, a surprisingly good espionage thriller. It's a bunch of mostly disconnected stories about Japanese spies working during the early stages of WWII. It's only 12 episodes long, but each episode is worthy of being rewatched. I highly recommend it.

I've also bought the first volume of the newly-released Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Manga. It's... surprisingly dark. Like, it feels Berserk-lite in parts.

I certainly did not foresee King Bulblin cutting off Link's arm. Or licking Ilya's face while making an implied rape threat

:shakehead

It's supposed to be the longest Zelda Manga yet, so I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

The Dragon ball Super filler/between arc episodes are better than the main arc stories.

My anime backlog is ridiculous at the moment. Unless something has a good discount price I'm going to try and hold off buying anymore for a bit while I work on watching it all. Still got to decide what I watch next:

One Piece - Collection 8

Robotics Notes

Code Geass - Season 2

Deadman Wonderland

Cowboy Bebop

Durarara!!

Black Lagoon - Season 1

Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu

Mirai Nikki: Future Diary

Aldnoah.Zero

Death Note

Samurai Flamenco

Log Horizon - Season 2

Accel World

Trinity Seven

High School DXD

High School of the Dead

Steins Gate

Haiykuu!

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero

Still slowly working my way through the One Piece dvd collections. On no.7 at the moment in the middle of the Skypiea arc. Not sure how its viewed by everyone else but I'm feeling its one of the weaker ones so far personally. Just feels so disconnected (for obvious reasons) from the rest of the show so I cant bring myself to care too much about whats going on.

Still slowly working my way through the One Piece dvd collections. On no.7 at the moment in the middle of the Skypiea arc. Not sure how its viewed by everyone else but I'm feeling its one of the weaker ones so far personally. Just feels so disconnected (for obvious reasons) from the rest of the show so I cant bring myself to care too much about whats going on.

It's actually an important arc for a number of reasons, but definitely has a different tone to it. I thought it was interesting that there was an enemy where the protagonist is immune to his ability. Of course it had to come up at at some point that rubber doesn't conduct electricity.

Collection 15 just came out so you still have a bit of catching up to do. :p

Yeah I still need to get collections 14 and 15 but I figured I'd leave it for a bit to see if they drop in price. I did just order the first 3 movies though so I'm looking forward to giving them a watch.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyoujin) Anime Season 2 Trailer

A few spoilers within obvs!

April 2017.

Hinomaru-Zumou, epic chapter there! Kunisaki Chihiro is a great character!

Finished watching Legend of Korra. It was OK. Started a bit flat when comparing it to Aang, and it never really got better.

I'm watching Cowboy Bebop now, which I believe is a proper Anime.

Cut scene from Dragonball Kai, it's voiced by the guys from Team Four Star.

I'm watching Cowboy Bebop now, which I believe is a proper Anime.

Yep and a solid choice for one too!

Yeah I heard good things about it, and it's not too daunting since there's only one season. Enjoying it so far.

Planning on reading some more manga now I have my new kindle on the way. I've just ordered One Piece vol.1. Any other suggestions? I own all of FMA so I wont be re-buying those digitally.

One Piece really needs to start to get more interesting again...sometimes the pacing is just horrible.

I need fights :D

Is that the anime @drahkon? At its current place or just where you're up to?

It's definitely one of the most drawn out animes. I hope one day the trend of putting an episode on every week is abandoned in favour of downtime while the manga makes progress.

Is that the anime @drahkon? At its current place or just where you're up to?

Manga. Haven't seen the anime in a long time. The last arc I've seen was Impel Down.

The anime is definitely worse than the manga when it comes to pacing, but sometimes the manga can drag, too...

I don't think I can read or watch One Piece without waiting a long time to build up several chapters/episodes.