Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

Great result today. We actually looked dangerous every time we went forward. Though I don't know if that was mainly due to Liverpool's shocking defending. Eagles and Ngog both had blinders.

We are still sorely missing Chung Yong Lee and Stuart Holden though. Probably why we are struggling this season but that just exposes how paper thin our squad is.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched City and Spurs. First half was dull, but I was hoping for a draw - would've been great for us.

Balotelli shouldn't have been on the pitch after he clearly stamped on the head of Parker while he was on the floor, especially as he had already got a yellow card. I'm sure Spurs fans will be annoyed that he was still on the pitch. However, to jump in like Ledley King did in the last 40 seconds of a game is just so unbelievable stupid I can't understand it. He quite literally lost them the game there - sure Balotelli may have scored from the chance, but he was at an angle, with a defender pressuring him and the keeper in a good position. King basically threw away two points for Spurs.

Good second half, shame about the result. With two minutes left of extra time it looked like the best possible result for us. Now we just have to beat Arsenal ('just' being an important word).

Pretty good game if you only watched City Spurs from the 57th minute onwards!

First half seemed more like two teams who didn't want to lose, then again once it went to 2-2 with Spurs trying a bit more.

Bale chose the wrong option I think with going for the cross for Defoe's miss, I think he should have passed it when he was still outside the box would have given Defoe more of a chance.

Definite penalty though for the winner.

Unbelieveable match. Couldn't believe it when Defoe couldn't quite stretch for a third. Great game, don't think we deserved to lose, such a shame, the league would be so very interesting right now.

I'm not even that annoyed by the refereeing, though I might be watching the incidents again on MOTD later...

I'm not annoyed at the refereeing. Just annoyed at the filthy scumbags both getting away with it.

We showed we can mix it with the best, and probably were the better team on the day. So gutted.

About to explode with rage. Lescott's elbow and Balotelli's stamp. Fucking joke.

Didn't deserve to lose.

Hard to prove the Balotelli one and Lescott's seemed a bit innocuous. I think the fact that Spurs players were laughing and joking with the City players after both incidents showed they didn't think there was ay malice intended.

Whereabouts in Leamington are you mate?

I live on Clarendon Street, in the non-scummy end.

Looking at that gif, it's hard for anyone to say that it wasn't intentional. Pity, because I like Balotelli, it's nice to have someone exciting to watch regardless of what team you support. Unfortunately, stamping on someones head isn't the good sort of excitement.

I live on Clarendon Street, in the non-scummy end.

Looking at that gif, it's hard for anyone to say that it wasn't intentional. Pity, because I like Balotelli, it's nice to have someone exciting to watch regardless of what team you support. Unfortunately, stamping on someones head isn't the good sort of excitement.

I live on Clarendon Street (whilst at Uni) as well. On the corner. Went to The Duke for the game.

I would hate to be around @dazzybee after that! ;) :p

Poor indian people in a nice restaurant saw the wrath that I am capable of during football. If Balotelli was shot in the face, that would make me happy. It really would. I'm not just saying that now, if I heard he was shot n the face it would genuinely brighten up my day! He is the epitome of pure fucking scum; the rapist and gooners are scum in a different way; sol campbell treads the line; but Balotelli is just a deranged human being! Entertaining at times (as cunts always are); but still, the man was dropped on his head many many many times as a baby; shame more damage wash;t done then!

Just hope Man U smash arsenal now.

Poor indian people in a nice restaurant saw the wrath that I am capable of during football. If Balotelli was shot in the face, that would make me happy. It really would. I'm not just saying that now, if I heard he was shot n the face it would genuinely brighten up my day! He is the epitome of pure fucking scum; the rapist and gooners are scum in a different way; sol campbell treads the line; but Balotelli is just a deranged human being! Entertaining at times (as cunts always are); but still, the man was dropped on his head many many many times as a baby; shame more damage wash;t done then!

Wow.

That's erm, quite a read.

Calm down you silly cunt.

What a ridiculous statement. Arsenal didn't lose the game - they had plenty of chances in the second half. United won it. The sub had an impact but to say that it lost the game for them is naive.

Arshavin let whoever the United player was just run into the box uncontested. You scored from that. Hardly a ridiculous statement. Don't argue back, I can't be bothered.

I despise Balotelli, he's a complete moron and his behaviour is embarrassing. Would he be like he is if he was on a normal persons wage? I don't think so. You would be happy if he died? Are you mentally ill?

I hate him as much as anyone, but i wouldn't wish for someone to shoot him. He'd probably shoot himself by accident if he had a gun.

well Arsenal definitely played better in the 2nd half, taking Chamberlain off when he'd just set up the equalizer seemed strange, but he's a young player making his first start for the club so it was an understandable change, just not one I would have made!

Having Walcott and Arshavin on either wing was just asking for trouble

I despise Balotelli, he's a complete moron and his behaviour is embarrassing. Would he be like he is if he was on a normal persons wage? I don't think so. You would be happy if he died? Are you mentally ill?

I hate him as much as anyone, but i wouldn't wish for someone to shoot him. He'd probably shoot himself by accident if he had a gun.

He probably would be like he is if he was on a normal persons wage to an extent; but it doesn't help with his disillusionment.

Weird set of results this weekend in the premiership. What a weird season it's been so far; still hope Man U do it over City, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth them having any success, same when Chelsea bought it too, just didn't sit right with me.

Arshavin let whoever the United player was just run into the box uncontested. You scored from that. Hardly a ridiculous statement. Don't argue back, I can't be bothered.

Football is a team game. He might have let Wellbeck or Valencia go, but who's to say Chamberlain wouldn't have done the same?

It was a ridiculous statement because it implied that he was the most important thing keeping them in the game. It's a team game, and while him going off obviously changed things, it didn't 'lose them the game'. Anyway, you can't be bothered so let's just leave it there.

Whatever had happened in the Spurs & City game today it would have been a good result with us as long as we won. It would have been awesome if they'd drawn, but as we won it was a good result no matter what happened.

I cant believe how bad Arshavin has become, the guy can't defend, the guy can't beat a man and he can't even find the goal mouth let alone the net. It's just so baffling how a player can go from hero in his debut season to zero the following two seasons. I have to worry about Arsenal now, players like Arshavin should be relishing an opportunity to re-establish themselves as first choice players but they just don't seem to care.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!