N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant result, we were the better team throughout the game and deserved the 3 points. Ref was poor though, wasn't a red card.

Gots lots of points in Fantasy League. Enrique got 9, assist and clean sheet. Captain Suárez scored and will get 3 bonus points for man of the match (really well deserved), so that's 18 just from him. A little 3 from Downing aswell. Bringing it to 30 from 3 players. :)

Brilliant result, we were the better team throughout the game and deserved the 3 points.

Not when they had 11 men, it was quite even till the red card. You made hard work of it for a large period after that, all the possession but no end result. In the end you got the 3 points and at the end of the day, that's the most important thing.

Tomorrow is going to be stress and a half I can tell. I'm quietly optimistic but I expect a close game.

Newcastle's unbeaten run continues :) It would seem we were slightly fortunate but it's nice to have the luck go our way for once. 2-1 away to Wolves is decent enough and it's nice to see Ba get another goal. Hopefully he can become a reliable, decent striker for us.

My Fantasy league team...would be doing quite well if I hadn't put Aguero as captain :( Ah well...

My fantasy team did pretty sheeet today. De Gea didn't play, neither did Smalling, Nani got subbed, Aguero didn't score, didn't get much for Kompany or Yaya. Think I've got...12 or something points last time I checked. I blame MadDog. I blame him for everything. :heh:

Man United did ok today, but Norwich played really, really well. Defended well, kept that midfield nice and tight and looked threatening up top. I don't know whether they'll stay up or down, but you can tell from that performance that they have a good team and a good manager. Wouldn't have begrudged them a point if they had held on for a draw.

I'm chuffed that both Anderson and Welbeck scored. I really want both to succeed at the club, and both need more goals to their game. Overall, we played ok but we haven't looked quite right in our last few games. Starting to think that this International Break might do some good. Maybe.

My fantasy team did pretty sheeet today. De Gea didn't play, neither did Smalling, Nani got subbed, Aguero didn't score, didn't get much for Kompany or Yaya. Think I've got...12 or something points last time I checked. I blame MadDog. I blame him for everything. :heh:

Man United did ok today, but Norwich played really, really well. Defended well, kept that midfield nice and tight and looked threatening up top. I don't know whether they'll stay up or down, but you can tell from that performance that they have a good team and a good manager. Wouldn't have begrudged them a point if they had held on for a draw.

I'm chuffed that both Anderson and Welbeck scored. I really want both to succeed at the club, and both need more goals to their game. Overall, we played ok but we haven't looked quite right in our last few games. Starting to think that this International Break might do some good. Maybe.

The one player that did well for you was the one i suggested. :D

Need to get rid of those United players, especially as they come to Anfield next. ;)

Well I said being a goal down with how we are by half time wasn't a bad thing, normally do beter in the second half. Though hard done by the officials, Van der Vaart clearly handles it, and it wasn't rolled to the arm from his chest either, you could say it was shoulder though. Most Tottenham chances were mistakes in possession which surprised me. Second half should be good.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Done by a poor reffing decision, clear handball for the first. I think the game was fairly even, Spurs maybe having the better chances. A draw would have been a fair result.

We're fucked if we don't start putting wins on the board though.

I can't believe Rodwell got sent off, great challenge to get the ball! Suarez showing everyone his acting skills again.

I was listening to parts of the Spurs v Arse match and it sounded quite good and that VDV was lucky to stay on the pitch and his goal perhaps handball. I would have preferred a draw personally!

This weekend has been an absolute nightmare for officials, not just referees. I don't really like players and managers blaming referees after games but having seen some of the decisions that are being made with what seems like increasing frequency, you can't really blame them. Fair enough if the ref comes out and admits a mistake, he's human. It's this whole secret society, where the refs scurry away and the managers get fined for questioning why someone has just made a baffling decision to ruin a game.

As we've started to say on a Sunday night at football; they're not refs, they're football ruiners!