Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Torres miss had absolutely nothing do with lack of confidence, it was just a horror miss that you can't account for.

Yeah but what I mean is, any confidence he had built up in that game, I'd imagine he would of lost after that effort.

The Spurs / Liverpool game I couldn't believe what I was watching. Liverpool looked terrible. Downing and Henderson.... well I forgot they were playing.

it seemed like the ref had it in for Liverpool too.

Bullshit. Those players got sent off for some cynical, desperate and dirty fouls. They were playing fucking shit and resorted to hacking down the better Spurs players.

Spurs would have continued to score, too. Both the last two goals were from marked players (particularly Defoe, that was some sick control) so it's not like they were uncontested.

Bullshit. Those players got sent off for some cynical, desperate and dirty fouls. They were playing fucking shit and resorted to hacking down the better Spurs players.

Spurs would have continued to score, too. Both the last two goals were from marked players (particularly Defoe, that was some sick control) so it's not like they were uncontested.

I'm not arguing that at all, Liverpool were terrible. And I'm sure the Spurs players & fans didn't want the game to end, as they looked good for more goals. They looked the more threatening attacking side even when Liverpool had all 11 players on the pitch.

The Red cards were undoubtedly deserved, But it just seemed the ref blew for almost anything when Liverpool attempted to regain possession.

One thing I didn't understand with the United / Chelsea game.

Ashley Cole tackles Hernandez (badly), there is no repercussion from it, then after a chat with the lines man he gives Cole a yellow. Well if he booked him for a foul, that should of been a penalty right?

Ashley Cole tackles Hernandez (badly), there is no repercussion from it, then after a chat with the lines man he gives Cole a yellow. Well if he booked him for a foul, that should of been a penalty right?

I questioned this as well, apparently because the ball was out of play at the time the tackle/ foul was made it was not a penalty.

I questioned this as well, apparently because the ball was out of play at the time the tackle/ foul was made it was not a penalty.

Yeah, the ref can be seen explaining to the players that because the ball was already out of play then he can't give a penalty. I personally thought that it should've been a red. It was a horror challenge which easily could've broken his leg. He went flying in with his studs up and didn't get anywhere near the ball.

Great match, really enjoyed it. Although our team bet was going to be Man Utd -1 but we shat out of it because we all lost money on the Old Firm game!

Was good to see some of the youngsters get a run out tonight. Owen was looking sharp! Call him up Capello haha. I thought we may struggle with our back 4 but the young lad done well and Berba slotted in nicely at the end.

Thought Macheda had a bad game but aside from that was a good performance without much effort needed.

Rio tweet:

rioferdy5 Rio Ferdinand

Berba loves it at centre back in training....thinks he is Berbenbaur!!

:D

Edited by Platty

Posted this elsewhere. Summary of the game:

Apart from a brief spell of 5-10 minutes where Shrewsbury hit the post and then scored, it was fairly one sided and quite entertaining for a Carling Cup tie.

I thought Francis Coquelin had a cracking game, won pretty much everything in the midfield. He was very reminiscent of Flamini, lots of ground covered doing the dirty work without silly Song style fouls.

Second half Shrewsbury couldn't keep up with the pace, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Benayoun got on the score sheet and both looked very dangerous throughout the half. Good to see players like Miyaichi, Aneke and Ozyakup get a few minutes as well.

I have just cheered a Man City goal for the first (and hopefully last) time.

Owen Hargreaves has scored on his debut and while I hate City I really want Hargreaves to do well. He was a fantastic player for United (when he was fit...) who just got very unlucky with injuries and I am pleased to see him back in action and on the scoresheet!

I'm gutted that Hargreaves is playing at City, but also at the same time I'm happy that he's playing football again. I don't consider him a traitor in the Carlos Tevez sense. As long as he doesn't score against us and hopefully doesn't contribute to City winning anything, then it's ok.

He's had shit luck the last few years, so it's about time something went right for him. Good luck, Hargo.

Very tough game against Stoke. They seem to be improving all the time and no longer rely on Delap's long throw-ins. They're physical, but they can also pass the ball around nicely, cross it or dribble it into the box, and Crouch just gives them another dimension. They might get slated for being too aggressive, but they know what it takes to win matches or get points off the big teams.

We were unlucky to lose Rooney and Evans before the game, and then Hernandez during it. But, there were opportunities that we just didn't seem to take, which is a contrast to our other games this season. Giggs' miss at the end being the highlight. A draw is a very fair result, as both teams played well (don't think either deserved to lose).

We've got some huge games coming up, again. There's Basle and Norwich at home, then Liverpool away, then Otelu Galati away a few days after that, before having City at home. Then, Everton away. That period will be a massive test for us. If we can win those Champions League games, and then take some points away from Liverpool and Everton, the that'll be great. The City game is going to be some game, as well.

How shite is Crouch though? Should have had a hat trick, useless freak.

Talking of shite, Bolton's support yesterday was almost non-existent, thought it was Wigan we were playing for a minute. If they bring so few and make so little noise for a league game, might as well not give them tickets for the Carling Cup game.

How shite is Crouch though? Should have had a hat trick, useless freak.

Talking of shite, Bolton's support yesterday was almost non-existent, thought it was Wigan we were playing for a minute. If they bring so few and make so little noise for a league game, might as well not give them tickets for the Carling Cup game.

Oh, Crouch is a freak of nature. For someone of his height, I've never known a striker to be so poor in the air. :heh: (He also gives away too many fouls because of his flailing).

Well, Bolton haven't had a lot to shout about this season. 3 points in 6 games, bottom of the league. 5 defeats out of 6. They're not exactly high on life. :heh:

Oh, Crouch is a freak of nature. For someone of his height, I've never known a striker to be so poor in the air. :heh: (He also gives away too many fouls because of his flailing).

Well, Bolton haven't had a lot to shout about this season. 3 points in 6 games, bottom of the league. 5 defeats out of 6. They're not exactly high on life. :heh:

I think it is actually 10 defeats in 11 games!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!