Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday evening, I discovered what Phillipe Senderos was up to these days..

Then, over at GoNintendo this morning I saw what Cesc Fabregas has been doing while he waits for his move to Barcelona..

Neither are particularly interesting, of course :heh:

Please no, our defence isn't ready... :shakehead

It will be fine if we can keep Sanga, Gibbs, Vermaelen and Koscielny fit for the whole season :heh:

I've no problem with Djourou, he's a very adequate deputy but Bartley and Squillaci are not good enough for us. I've not seen too much from Jenkinson but he looks solid enough.

I've never been a massive fan of Rosicky but I though he looked pretty class yesterday and will do a job when needed. You could see Gervinho is class, his movement off the ball is top notch. Ramsey looks like he's becoming more and more confident in being the player we want him to be.

For me, the two most important players this season are RVP and Szczesny. RVP is RVP, nuff said, Szczesny got better and better as last season progressed and now he knows he's the number 1, i'm expecting good things from him. Those two also seem to have a genuine love for the club and everything it stands for.

Edited by Jon

... Have I made a wrong turn somewhere or are you seriously required to supply phone number and actual address?

Fuck that shit. I'm already registered with premier league's fantasy football from years ago. I know Murr set up a league last season (I didn't really do much with it...), would rather do it there.

(having problems logging in there atm though... pft)

... Have I made a wrong turn somewhere or are you seriously required to supply phone number and actual address?

Fuck that shit. I'm already registered with premier league's fantasy football from years ago. I know Murr set up a league last season (I didn't really do much with it...), would rather do it there.

(having problems logging in there atm though... pft)

I've just renewed the N-E league on the Premier league website.

code to join - 24815-187792

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Just selected this season's team. Certainly more educated than last year's selection was - however, I've gone with three everton players. Regretting it already. May mix it up before game day as everton are playing spurs and I think spurs will edge it.

Is Yaya Toure likely to be playing much this season? I fear I've made a grand mistake with him..

Looks like I finished with 1473 points last season... ranked 1785958 (oh dear). How did you do?

GK: De Gea

DF: Luiz

DF: Koscielny

DF: Skrtel

DF: Jagielka

M: Wilshire

M: N'Zogbia

M: Nani

M: Johnson

ST: Hernandez

ST:Suarez

Pretty happy with the attack force and defence, but a bit iffy on N'Zogbia & Johnson.

Plus is Wilshire injured at the moment?

Guys, I'm trying to join in with this Fantasy League, but I have absolutely no idea where I enter in Murr's code. What do I do exactly? Do I just sign up and make my team, or is there something else I need to do?

I've just signed up and it's asking me to make my team.

Guys, I'm trying to join in with this Fantasy League, but I have absolutely no idea where I enter in Murr's code. What do I do exactly? Do I just sign up and make my team, or is there something else I need to do?

I've just signed up and it's asking me to make my team.

Make your team, then when you've finished and confirmed it. Go to Leagues at the top, click join league, then private league and then there's a box to put the code in.

Make your team, then when you've finished and confirmed it. Go to Leagues at the top, click join league, then private league and then there's a box to put the code in.

Cheers, mate.

I'm choosing my squad now and it's such a mindfuck. I'm struggling with the strikers. I'm putting down Darren Bent, Kenwyne Jones and Robbie Keane, but Keane is worrying me since he's aging and I'm not sure how much game time he's getting.

I've put a lot of emphasis on the midfield and defence, so struggling with strikers.

Edit: I've tweaked my team. Here is my starting 11 for the first game of the season.

De Gea - I see others are choosing him, too. I expect him to do well, plus he's got a good defence in front of him, so don't see him conceding many.

Kompany - Had a fantastic season last year, expect him to have a great one this year. Don't see City conceding many.

Ivanovic - Class defender. Again, don't see Chelsea conceding many.

Vidic - Love the guy. A rock. Will probably be the best defender in the league, again.

Jagielka - Not entirely sure, but it was between him and Hangeland. I expect Everton to start off poorly again before coming into their own. Hmm, really not sure about this one.

Nani - Has a high number of assists and can score them, too. Expect him to have another good season.

Yaya Toure - Probably the most under-rated player last season. Wish he had come to United. A good balance of attack and defence.

Wilshere - If he doesn't bag me points, I'mma kill you Arsenal fans.

Fellaini - Not sure about him. I wanted Leon Osman, but 0.5 short. FUUU. He's good defensively, but won't score me many, whereas the others can.

Bent - He can score goals, which is what you want in a striker. He'll get them week in week out, but I did initially put down Suarez, then took him off for Van Persie. Ultimately, Van Persie's fitness worries me.

Jones - I'm torn between him and Sturridge. I went for Jones because I think he'll play more. If Sturridge were still on loan, I'd have put him down but he's going back to Chelsea, I think?

What do you think? I'm happy with Defence and Midfield, but Strikers worry me a little. They're so expensive.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!