NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Paul Scholes is one of my favourite United players of all time. However, I hope Fergie sees him as an option, and not an answer.

This just further convinces me that we won't buy in January. Which is worrying, in my opinion.

Although I agree it wasn't a red, he should have known better. World class defender going in two footed? always asking for trouble. Just don't do it. If Nani hadn't had jumped and he made contact then I think everyone would agree dangerous tackle and a red?

City were bossing the game before that even with us 1-0 up. One chance and one goal. People will say the ref has ruined the game but I couldn't be happier at the moment. I want 7. :-) Just hope we don't take the foot off the gas as city are more than capable of getting back into this with 10 men.

Lindgaard is a good keeper. Couldn't really do much about the goals, couple of mistakes but solid. De Gea is also good keeper but he comes from a league where you don't have to deal with crosses and has struggled. He is young and will get better with age and gain confidence. I have faith in both of them.

Knew City would get back in it. That last 20 minutes was not good for my ticker!! Can have a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon now.

Lindgaard is a good keeper. Couldn't really do much about the goals, couple of mistakes but solid. De Gea is also good keeper but he comes from a league where you don't have to deal with crosses and has struggled. He is young and will get better with age and gain confidence. I have faith in both of them.

Knew City would get back in it. That last 20 minutes was not good for my ticker!! Can have a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon now.

Solid? Haha. Do me favour; he was dreadful today. Flapping everywhere. They couldn't catch a ball between them at the moment.

Cracker of a game, Welbeck's goal was absolutely fantastic! beautiful volley. both united keepers in my opinion aren't that good, but De Gea marginally edges lindergaard, the reason they look so bad is mainly thanks to the legend; Edwin Van Der Sar hanging his gloves.

Chris Foy at it again. Are we super critical of refs all of a sudden or has the quality dropped?

I mean we no longer have Mike 'Man Utd' Riley and Rob 'the cunt' Styles reffing, surely things should be on the up.

Not a red card IMO but doing a tackle like that at the moment is a bit of a risk the way refs are looking at things.

Even though Utd won it still showed a lot of worries for the team, the fact city could get back into it and play so well in the second half with 10 men, impressive!

Since Scholes has come back wonder if Van der Sar wants too! :p Show the other two how to play. Haha.

Downing arrested for allegedly hitting his ex-partner. I'm surprised he didn't miss to be honest.

Liverpool v United biggest game for the next round, should be pretty good game again.

MK Dons or QPR v Chelsea, so likely to be QPR which will be a good return for us to SMASH them after the terrible game last time.

Come on Dons! I really hope they beat QPR to set up that home tie with Chelsea. I'd have no reason not to go to that match since MK are technically my local club.

United in the 4th round. Not happy with that. Take away the Suárez case, and i'm always up for stuffing United, but it's going to be nasty.

The abuse Suárez and Evra are going to get when they play away is going to be ridiculous, and i really can see it turning nasty. Especially when Suárez scores the winner at Old Trafford. :heh:

Very mixed about the game yesterday. Thought we were quite good going forward in the first half, but we played terrible in the second. We turned around what could have been a thumping City affair into making some of their players look like heroes. Should have buried the game, but we got complacent.

I'm also mixed about the red card. It was two footed, and if Nani had been a half second late, something nasty could have happened to his leg/ankle. But, it was close, and Kompany did win the ball. But, if we follow the law, he had to go. Nani made an identical tackle to this against Villa in 2010 I think it was, and he was red carded. Nobody claimed we were robbed then, so if that was a red, then this has to be a red, too.

Overall, I'm very happy we've beaten them. We haven't been playing well, so to go there and win is great. I hope we destroy those smelly scousers now. :p

Personally don't think it was a red, no contact made with Nani at all. I think Kompany was in control of the tackle, Patrick Vieira spent the best part of 9 years making those exact tackles pretty much every game.

However I can see why the ref sent him off, he left the ground.

All the fuss in the press about Mancini's invisible card the other game, fuck all will be said about Rooney reffing the game to get Kompany sent off.

This is one boring game. The commentators have gone off on one about the Olympics to kill time.

Ramar, to me Chamberlain looks a better player than Arshavin? Agree or no?

It almost had to happen. Not the greatest game but comfortable nonetheless.

I could do nothing other than smile when Henry finished like he used to years ago, what a legend. :)