NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I only caught the second half, I was watching El Crappico on ITV before hand. If that's a showcase for your typical Spanish game, count me out. I thought unsportsmanlike behaviour was bad in the Premier League, more incidents in 45 minutes than a month over here.

I didn't watch the game, but followed the live text for it. It was predictable what was going to happen after Real scored. They just defended deep, and then Barca inevitably got an equaliser before getting the winner.

What really annoyed me was when Messi went all theatrical after being pushed in the head. I thought he was perfect. :(

Pepe should get a retrospective ban for the blatant stamp on Messi.

Pepe holding his face when he wasn't touched only to stamp on Messi's hand a few minutes later confirmed it was no longer a football match but a pantomime.

I stopped watching El Clasicos ages ago, i watched it for 10 minutes last night and then got bored.

It's so annoying to see two teams that are as good as they are be so containing. They're both scared of losing so much, they totally change the way they play and take so many less risks, which provide an average game. Throw in the playacting, and it's pretty shit.

What really annoyed me was when Messi went all theatrical after being pushed in the head. I thought he was perfect. :(

Pepe should get a retrospective ban for the blatant stamp on Messi.

I think that the camera didn't get the whole thing; I thought it looked like his face could've hit off the boys boot.

Regardless, I don't think he was playacting at all.

Pepe should've got about 3 red cards; stamping on Messi, and about 4 yellows.

Carvalho could easily have been sent off for that 'challenge' on Messi, he was clearly going just to take him out.

Ramos could've been sent off too but I can't remember why.

I think that the camera didn't get the whole thing; I thought it looked like his face could've hit off the boys boot.

Regardless, I don't think he was playacting at all.

He definitely was. I can't remember who it was (I think it was coentraeo), but they pushed the back of Messi's head down when they walked past and he made a massive meal of it, groping his head in agony. The commentators were like "he just doesn't need to do that...".

From what I saw it looked like Coentrao pushed Messi's head down and then brought his knee up into Messi's face as he was standing up

Now it may have been accidental, but I definitely though it was a bit nasty.

From what I saw it looked like Coentrao pushed Messi's head down and then brought his knee up into Messi's face as he was standing up

Now it may have been accidental, but I definitely though it was a bit nasty.

Oh, my bad Charlie. I must've missed it.

Something is telling me it's either fake or took more than one attempt.

it's been on the Celtic fans websites for a couple of weeks now, it seems to be from some Japanese gameshow. I think that was actually his 4th or 5th attempt, came really close on the previous go (hit the bottom lip of the window)

He was some player, and easily the best free kick taker I've ever seen :)

The 1st half of the classico was really good, compared to the more recent encounters, but the 2nd half was back to the basics. one of the commentators said on numerous occasions that busquets is a diver, and it's true but for the commentators to be saying that shows how far this has gone, I was just waiting for that inevitable red card, but jose saved pepe's ass. that guy is a joke.

anyway tomorrow we'll be watching the rematch

North London vs Manchester.

any predictions?

Manchester to win both.

Think you're right, at least Norwich done us both a small favour.

We were on top but not clinical. Torres did some good things and then did some bad things like that bad miss a few yards from the goal.

Great to see Essien though. Love that guy.

We were horrendous today, by far our worst performance of the season. Bellamy was brilliant. The whole team around him (bar Henderson) were absolutely horrible. Adam's performance is possibly one of the worst I've ever seen, he was that bad. The referee was terrible aswell. Some of his decisions were genuinely confusing. Not for a second am i saying the referee was to blame, because he wasn't.

Well played Bolton though, they finished their chances, and could of possibly scored more. I said at the beginning of the season that they'd finish 6/7thish. They won't finish there, but they'll definitely stay up.

Newcastle: 1-0 up at half time and we lose 5-2. The worst I've watched us play all season, that second half. The defence could not deal with the most basic of stuff and there was virtually no attacking strategy for large parts other than 'hoof the ball to Ameobi' who has his moments but is generally a bit shite.

On the plus side, at least we proved we can score without Ba around. We also remain 6th because of Liverpool's performance :heh:

Interesting match today at Oxford, I saw Michael Duberry score a hat-trick. Too bad that two of the goals were in the wrong net!

I fancy another 4-0 against Liverpool in a few weeks if they play like they did today. Shocking defending.

Interesting match today at Oxford, I saw Michael Duberry score a hat-trick. Too bad that two of the goals were in the wrong net!

Heard about that earlier. That's brilliant. :heh:

Thought the Fulham/Newcastle game was crazy. In general, today is a bad day for defending. Watching Liverpool on Match of the Day and it looks like they don't know how to defend either.

We played fairly badly today, but we can't have too many complaints. Clearly we should have had a penalty in the second half, and how there wasn't a red card for that challenge near the end i have no idea.

Still, i'm certain that we can make up the points in our next three or four games.

We played fairly badly today, but we can't have too many complaints. Clearly we should have had a penalty in the second half, and how there wasn't a red card for that challenge near the end i have no idea.

Still, i'm certain that we can make up the points in our next three or four games.

Whereabouts in Leamington are you mate?