NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I didn't say he didn't did I? I'm just pointing out you're delusional if you think Lucas is the best in the league at the job.

WTF does him handballing have to do with anything? You consistently try to defend Suarez, so we're not going to get anywhere.

Ah, sorry. Yer, he was pissed my bad. Spitting is never excusable.

Cheers for your stellar input.

Your welcome.

The fact that figures of £40 million were behind talked about in regard to his move to Chelsea was disgraceful. He's the only attacking midfielder who apparently isn't judged on goals or assists because he 'does other things so well'. I don't think many question his ability but lets keep it at a sensible level, he's no Fabregas. There's 2 other Spurs midfielders alone I rate higher.

It's not even December and the Spurs fans are thinking above their station. Come back once you've qualified for the Champions league in back to back seasons. Respect is earned for a body of performances over the years, not one good season.

Edited by Jon

Your welcome.

The fact that figures of £40 million were behind talked about in regard to his move to Chelsea was disgraceful. He's the only attacking midfielder who apparently isn't judged on goals or assists because he 'does other things so well'. I don't think many question his ability but lets keep it at a sensible level, he's no Fabregas. There's 2 other Spurs midfielders alone I rate higher.

It's not even December and the Spurs fans are thinking above their station. Come back once you've qualified for the Champions league in back to back seasons. Respect is earned for a body of performances over the years, not one good season.

You can do one.

First of all, do you know why those figures of £40 - 50 million were being bandied around? It's because that's what he's worth to us. We don't give a shit what Chelsea think he's worth or any other football fan for that matter. In the same way I'm sure you wouldn't sell Van Persie unless an astronomical bid came in. I'm sick of explaining this to every ignorant football fan. Think about what you're saying.

Secondly, I'm bored of fans like you who come out with this rubbish about Spurs fans thinking we're above our station. 99% of Tottenham fans have the same view I can assure you: we're hoping for top 4, with top 3 as a possibility. We definitely do not underestimate a talented resurgent Arsenal side and a strong Liverpool side. I peruse many Tottenham blogs and forums and that is the overriding view. Top 4 would be a great season.

Respect? Earned over a body of performances over the years? If you can't acknowledge Tottenham as a respected football club, you're just a blind Arsenal fan, and not a football fan. I can at least acknowledge Arsenal is a well-respected club with good history and a back catalog of accolades -regardless of how much I hate the club.

The players make a team, not individuals. So, I can understand why Arsenal fans would want to keep their midfield, because consistency is important.

But, at the same time, to base a midfielder as "un-important" because he doesn't score or assist that many goals isn't exactly fair. Modric keeps that midfield ticking. Also, he would have a lot more assists if Spurs' strikers put away his chances last year. That's why going off assists alone isn't entirely right, since it only counts assists to goals, not assists to chances!

Also, let's be honest, you'd be an absolute fucking lunatic to not want somebody like Gareth Bale in your team. The guy is a monster. The only downside is that defenders are becoming more aware of him now, which means they'll try to give him less space, but he's still a very effective player. I also rate Modric and would have him at United in a heart-beat. :heh:

Spurs have a great first 11 at the moment, but they're still a striker short, in my opinion. Maybe another defender, as well. The midfield plays together week in, week out, and they're very consistent. You need to have a consistent midfield if you want to win things, and Harry knows that. Also, they're a very entertaining team to watch, even when they lose it's still usually a good team effort.

The players make a team, not individuals. So, I can understand why Arsenal fans would want to keep their midfield, because consistency is important.

But, at the same time, to base a midfielder as "un-important" because he doesn't score or assist that many goals isn't exactly fair. Modric keeps that midfield ticking. Also, he would have a lot more assists if Spurs' strikers put away his chances last year. That's why going off assists alone isn't entirely right, since it only counts assists to goals, not assists to chances!

Also, let's be honest, you'd be an absolute fucking lunatic to not want somebody like Gareth Bale in your team. The guy is a monster. The only downside is that defenders are becoming more aware of him now, which means they'll try to give him less space, but he's still a very effective player. I also rate Modric and would have him at United in a heart-beat. :heh:

Spurs have a great first 11 at the moment, but they're still a striker short, in my opinion. Maybe another defender, as well. The midfield plays together week in, week out, and they're very consistent. You need to have a consistent midfield if you want to win things, and Harry knows that. Also, they're a very entertaining team to watch, even when they lose it's still usually a good team effort.

I almost want to loan out Modric to clubs whose fans that think he's overrated just so they understand what a majestic player he is.

Bales back to his very best now which is great. Even when he's doubled up on all game, like against Villa, he's learning how to combat that, and when to drive inside.

People sure do love to hate us. :P

If only we had a Rooney or a Van Persie in our team...

Also, let's be honest, you'd be an absolute fucking lunatic to not want somebody like Gareth Bale in your team. The guy is a monster.

Gareth+Bale_Cornelius_Roddy+McDowall_Planet+of+the+Apes.jpg

Correct, but what about his footballing abilities? :heh:

I'm guessing that's partly due to the inhospitable behaviour of your bitter lot when we visit The Lane.

Edited by Ramar

Don't forget Modric the rat as well.

I expect us to be hated by Arsenal fans Ramar. Tis what makes the Derby games so very meaningful.

Hmm I see your likenes for Modric, but we can all agree Gary Neville is King Rat of the Premier League era. Unfortunately I find myself liking his Sky punditry, makes me want to puke.

I almost want to loan out Modric to clubs whose fans that think he's overrated just so they understand what a majestic player he is.

Bales back to his very best now which is great. Even when he's doubled up on all game, like against Villa, he's learning how to combat that, and when to drive inside.

If only we had a Rooney or a Van Persie in our team...

Midfielders are often forgotten players. Unless you're a goal-scoring machine or a hugely influential Roy Keane type of player, you can often be overlooked. Chelsea were willing to pay an obscene amount of money for Modric for a reason.

Also, strikers are like gold-dust. It's very, very difficult to find a great striker with a European pedigree unless you're willing to spend big. I don't really know how much Spurs are willing to spend. For the striker they need or are looking for, its a great deal of money...A Samuel Eto'o-esque player would be brilliant for Spurs. But, again, money.

Aaaahahah. I laughed hard at this. :D

Hmm I see your likenes for Modric, but we can all agree Gary Neville is King Rat of the Premier League era. Unfortunately I find myself liking his Sky punditry, makes me want to puke.

I raise you Yossi Benayoun.

I've heard a lot of people saying the same thing about Gary Neville. He's actually taken to it really well.

Fierce Link, I agree. We obviously were willing to splash the cash though, when Levy went on a mad one at the end of the January window, (£35m for Rossi e.t.c). I literally have no clue who we could buy.

Edited by spirited away

When he said Luiz looked like he was being controlled by a 10-year-old with a Playstation controller, i actually found that amusing. :p

:shakehead

I raise you Yossi Benayoun.

I've heard a lot of people saying the same thing about Gary Neville. He's actually taken to it really well.

Oi, don't say that about Yossi. :p

Gary Neville is a brilliant pundit. It's good to have somebody who is fresh out of the game, having won major honours and knowing what he's talking about.

Not Andy Fucking Townsend.

Neither Manchester team faring too well tonight. That being said, I can't really talk with my team under performing at the moment.

Both Manchester clubs saving it to the final game to qualify, United held to a 2-2 draw with Benfica and Manchester City lose 2-1 to Napoli, I doubt anyone saw that coming, must be harder on United fans though cause everyone said there group was a foregone conclusion...Then again, City are all but out now, since their fate is out of their hands and their opponents play the team yet to win and have concede so many goals.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Only Michael Carrick had a good game tonight. Maybe Patrice Evra and Darren Fletcher, too. Rest of the team were woeful at times. It's very bad to concede a goal straight after scoring.

We're making a mess of this group. It's not easy, because Benfica are a good team and Basel are decent as well, but we should be putting in better performances.

Sometimes i think football fans ruin football.

Without the fans the game is nothing but a few blokes kicking a pick skin around the park.

Only Michael Carrick had a good game tonight. Maybe Patrice Evra and Darren Fletcher, too. Rest of the team were woeful at times. It's very bad to concede a goal straight after scoring.

We're making a mess of this group. It's not easy, because Benfica are a good team and Basel are decent as well, but we should be putting in better performances.

Not really related to this quote, but do you think Rooney plays too deep?

You can do one.

First of all, do you know why those figures of £40 - 50 million were being bandied around? It's because that's what he's worth to us. We don't give a shit what Chelsea think he's worth or any other football fan for that matter. In the same way I'm sure you wouldn't sell Van Persie unless an astronomical bid came in. I'm sick of explaining this to every ignorant football fan. Think about what you're saying.

Secondly, I'm bored of fans like you who come out with this rubbish about Spurs fans thinking we're above our station. 99% of Tottenham fans have the same view I can assure you: we're hoping for top 4, with top 3 as a possibility. We definitely do not underestimate a talented resurgent Arsenal side and a strong Liverpool side. I peruse many Tottenham blogs and forums and that is the overriding view. Top 4 would be a great season.

Respect? Earned over a body of performances over the years? If you can't acknowledge Tottenham as a respected football club, you're just a blind Arsenal fan, and not a football fan. I can at least acknowledge Arsenal is a well-respected club with good history and a back catalog of accolades -regardless of how much I hate the club.

Respected in the way that any professional football club is respected. I'm clearly talking about calling yourself one of the 'big teams'. You say you can at least acknowledge Arsenal as a well respected club, there's a reason for that. There's a decent chance we'll be talking about Spurs in that regard in 10 years time but for what they've achieved in the last 10 years, it doesn't fit.

Fans have contrasting views, that's football mate, not ignorance.

Not really related to this quote, but do you think Rooney plays too deep?

Depends on three things:

1. Who is playing behind him.

2. Who he's playing with up front.

3. Who he's playing against.

In that order.

Usually, if he's playing deep, it's because he's not seeing enough of the ball, which means the midfield behind him are not doing their job.

If the other striker is playing high up the pitch, sometimes Rooney will drop to try and feed them through. Again, that's if the midfield behind him are not doing the job.

If the opponents are stopping him from getting the ball up top, he'll drop back to try and win it. Also, he'll track back 40 or 50 yards to win back a ball, which is positive, but also wastes his energy, as he should be up front receiving a ball after somebody else has tracked back to win it.

So, it really depends. He does have a tendency to play deep, but it's for a reason. If he's getting the ball, and enough of it, he won't drop deep.

Respected in the way that any professional football club is respected. I'm clearly talking about calling yourself one of the 'big teams'. You say you can at least acknowledge Arsenal as a well respected club, there's a reason for that. There's a decent chance we'll be talking about Spurs in that regard in 10 years time but for what they've achieved in the last 10 years, it doesn't fit.

Fans have contrasting views, that's football mate, not ignorance.

Nah, I still think you're comment about Modric's price tag is ignorant. You're missing the point.

Fair points Fierce Link. I'm guessing he plays deeper when in partnership with Hernandez, who plays the poaching role.

Edited by spirited away

Nah, I still think you're comment about Modric's price tag is ignorant. You're missing the point.

Fair points Fierce Link. I'm guessing he plays deeper when in partnership with Hernandez, who plays the poaching role.

Hernandez reminds me of a cross between Inzaghi, who would play very high up the pitch, trying to get behind and straddling the line between being on and offside, and Solksjaer. He's made of goals. He doesn't need to do all this dropping deep and hold up play that other strikers do, he's a very simple "tap-in" kinda player. Exactly what we need, somebody who can finish.

We'll only really see the best of Rooney and Hernandez if there's somebody creative feeding them the balls from midfield. Or whipping in those crosses. Despite having some great wingers/wide players, our crossing is suspect at times.

Hernandez reminds me of a cross between Inzaghi, who would play very high up the pitch, trying to get behind and straddling the line between being on and offside, and Solksjaer. He's made of goals. He doesn't need to do all this dropping deep and hold up play that other strikers do, he's a very simple "tap-in" kinda player. Exactly what we need, somebody who can finish.

We'll only really see the best of Rooney and Hernandez if there's somebody creative feeding them the balls from midfield. Or whipping in those crosses. Despite having some great wingers/wide players, our crossing is suspect at times.

Hernandez is such a buy. A Darren Bent Mach 2.

I know it's pretty obvious but Schneider would be perfect for your team. Has to be the most ordinary United midfield in quite a while.

Let's hope Manchester United win the next Game to go 1st place in the nockout stage

Job done for Arsenal, going through as group winners with a game to spare. Gutted for Szczeny though, defense finally made the fatal mistake to deprive him of the clean sheet with pretty much the last kick of the game. Dortmund were unlucky to lose Bedner and Goatze early on though, could have been a very different game.