NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

I'm Madpool.

Earlier on Sky Sports News they were saying how brilliant Van Persie has been this year, he's scored 38 is it in 2011? He's been stunning, yet in the same time Messi has scored 52, which is just ridiculous. Really shows how good Messi is, or how bad La Liga is. I believe it's abit of both.

God...Did not expect to hear this at all today.

Really likeable man and was making a great start as Wales Manager.

RIP. :(

I can't get over the shock. I know it's cliché when someone dies, but he was an honest pro and a decent bloke. His work with the Welsh national team was so promising, terribly sad news.

It shocks me, I saw him on TV yesterday on a preview to the weekend action show on Sky, it's hard to believe barely 24 hours later he's confirmed dead and suicide at that, he looked fine enough then as well. What possibly drove him to this?

RIP Gary Speed.

I can't get over the shock. I know it's cliché when someone dies, but he was an honest pro and a decent bloke. His work with the Welsh national team was so promising, terribly sad news.

Totally agree. Don't think I've ever heard a bad word said against him, and even when he played for Leeds, I still liked the man.

Don't really understand this. He was only 42 and being manager of Wales was going to be the making of him as a manager. Terrible day.

I have no connection with the man, but after hearing the applause at Swansea, I'm choked and my eyes have welled up.

He was a top class bloke, never heard of him in any trouble and always looked after himself on and off the pitch. Genuinely saddened when I heard this.

Met him once when he played for Bolton. Class guy. Am genuinely shocked which doesn't happen often.

Loving Suarez's "dancing on ice" parody.

He's the biggest cunt in world football isn't he? Truly dispicable player!

The Arsenal can't get anything right at the minute, Lescott's just outdone Vermaelen for own goal of the weekend.

The Speed thing has been really hard to accept for some reason. He was on Football today just yesterday. Really want to know why it has happened. Sad sad day for football but it is great to see the coming together of everyone at such a time.

The only thing worse than Thompson's face is his voice. It causes actual pain.

Gutted we couldn't win, we were the better team overall.

Lucas backed me up today, he was fucking boss.

We've come a long way, and i believe we are good enough to finish in the top 4. We deserve more points than we have, there's no doubt about it. It's a matter of time before the points start building, then we will fly up the table.

We've come a long way, and i believe we are good enough to finish in the top 4. We deserve more points than we have, there's no doubt about it. It's a matter of time before the points start building, then we will fly up the table.

Who do you think you'll usurp though? There's so many good teams vying for the same places. I think 2-4 are up for grabs for 5 teams.

Top 4

Man United

City

Liverpool

Arsenal

In no particular order.

I honestly see Liverpool as the team least likely to finish in the top 4. I rate the squad below any of the other top 4 contenders.

Can't see Chelsea finishing outside the top 4, seen as they'll probably buy big in Jan anyway.

All rumours I know, but I heard that Gary Speed's death was due to a story that was going to be in tomorrow's tabloids outing him as being gay. Seems a bit extreme, but if it is true, then it isn't the way to go what with a wife and kids to leave behind.

But I guess you never know what is going on in someone's head.

We have played all the other big teams (Chelski, Arsenal, United, City, Spurs) and were the better team in all but the Spurs game. If we can start scoring goals as good as we are playing, then we will be a real force.

All rumours I know, but I heard that Gary Speed's death was due to a story that was going to be in tomorrow's tabloids outing him as being gay. Seems a bit extreme, but if it is true, then it isn't the way to go what with a wife and kids to leave behind.

But I guess you never know what is going on in someone's head.

Just googled that and it does take you to a number of other forums. We'll have to wait til tomorrow and see.

If that is the truth, though, it's sad that this is how its ended for him. He seemed like a fairly private man, to me. So, I don't think it should've been anyone else's business, other than his own.

We have played all the other big teams (Chelski, Arsenal, United, City, Spurs) and were the better team in all but the Spurs game. If we can start scoring goals as good as we are playing, then we will be a real force.

Liverpool have done well in the two away games against Chelsea and Arsenal. But, if they really were the better team, they would've taken points off United and City at home. Both weren't playing terribly well, so maximum points should have been taken. I trust United and City to beat Liverpool at home.

As for top four, I can't see United or City being shifted, but the other two spots are anyone's guess. Spurs look great, but it's all about whether they can keep going. They haven't got the experience of getting into the top four season after season and haven't got the squad depth for it. I would be happy if they got third and Newcastle fourth. :heh:

What will likely happen is that Chelsea climb back into it and Spurs will get fourth. Liverpool 5th and Arsenal 6th.