NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Very sad with Lucas today, will be a huge miss. :sad:

I suppose it's up to Spearing to balance the team on the midfield the next month. Kenny might go shopping in January.

Very sad with Lucas today, will be a huge miss. :sad:

I suppose it's up to Spearing to balance the team on the midfield the next month. Kenny might go shopping in January.

I have faith in Spearing, he will no doubt relish his chance.

De Rossi could be a cheaper option in January, with his contract running out in the summer. I personally don't think we need to buy someone. Lucas will be back stronger than ever. :)

I have faith in Spearing, he will no doubt relish his chance.

De Rossi could be a cheaper option in January, with his contract running out in the summer. I personally don't think we need to buy someone. Lucas will be back stronger than ever. :)

Me too, think he'll be strong teaming up with Adam and/or Hendo. :)

I doubt De Rossi'll leave Rome in his career though (Please prove me wrong!), I'm voting for Keita in Barcelona. :awesome:

No doubt Lucas will be back stronger than ever. I wonder if he'd be back against Fulham already. :D

Me too, think he'll be strong teaming up with Adam and/or Hendo. :)

I doubt De Rossi'll leave Rome in his career though (Please prove me wrong!), I'm voting for Keita in Barcelona. :awesome:

No doubt Lucas will be back stronger than ever. I wonder if he'd be back against Fulham already. :D

Seems unlikely De Rossi will leave. If he did, no doubt Man City would come in and blow everyone out the water with a ridiculous deal. :p

Keita would be a smart signing. Experienced, knows what it takes to win trophies, which is key i think. Would no doubt be a good person to have in the dressing room. He's also a good player! :)

I really want to see Henderson start in the middle. I am a big fan of his and really believe he can become a great player. A midfield 3 of Spearing, Adam and Henderson is what i'd like to see.

Seems unlikely De Rossi will leave. If he did, no doubt Man City would come in and blow everyone out the water with a ridiculous deal. :p

Keita would be a smart signing. Experienced, knows what it takes to win trophies, which is key i think. Would no doubt be a good person to have in the dressing room. He's also a good player! :)

I really want to see Henderson start in the middle. I am a big fan of his and really believe he can become a great player. A midfield 3 of Spearing, Adam and Henderson is what i'd like to see.

I'm also pleased with Hendo's performances so far. The last few games have been great and I'd love to see them all on the midfield too. ;)

:santa: I take it we're very few? :p

I'd say the most supported team on here is Liverpool, it's just good to have another one here. :p

I like how the big teams all have representation on here. Makes for better discussion as all sets of fans see things differently.

Apart from Man City, they're not even a big club. :p

I'd say the most supported team on here is Liverpool, it's just good to have another one here. :p

I like how the big teams all have representation on here. Makes for better discussion as all sets of fans see things differently.

Apart from Man City, they're not even a big club. :p

Always nice to see the right team supported! :D

Manchester Who? I've got to check them out ... :p

I still find it hard to give Lucas any credit. He has obviously grown as a player a hell of a lot in the last few seasons but I cant help but still see him as the crappy player that Benitez just wouldnt stop playing. Kind of like Sissoko. Still, I know its a big loss for us and hopefully Spearing will step up as id like to see him start progressing more in the Liverpool team. Also I see Shelvy has been recalled for backup.

I still find it hard to give Lucas any credit. He has obviously grown as a player a hell of a lot in the last few seasons but I cant help but still see him as the crappy player that Benitez just wouldnt stop playing. Kind of like Sissoko. Still, I know its a big loss for us and hopefully Spearing will step up as id like to see him start progressing more in the Liverpool team. Also I see Shelvy has been recalled for backup.

But he's been brilliant for about 2 years now. I used to doubt his ability, but he's really improved and now i am worried when he isn't on the teamsheet. I admit i was wrong about him, as many many others were.

I saw a stat the other day which was Lucas made the most tackles last season in all the top European leagues. I'm not sure if it's accurate, but it probably isn't far off. :)

Im not saying I think hes still crap, just that I have a hard time admitting it because of just how crap he previously was :p

Fair enough. :)

-----

Looking forward to the Euro 2012 draw later. I predict it'll turn out like this.

Netherlands, England, Portugal, Denmark.

Spain, Italy, Sweden, Republic of Ireland.

Poland, Germany, Croatia, France.

Ukraine, Russia, Greece, Czech Republic.

Lucas out for the season.

I'm really not sure whether we can finish in the top 4 now, he's become that important. Gigantic blow.

:D

You were NEVER going to finish top 4 anyway!!

:D

You were NEVER going to finish top 4 anyway!!

You have finished in the top 4 once! You don't get a say on who finishes in the big boy positions! :D

:laughing:

I've been a fan of Lucas since the 09-10 season and in the previous season he became outstanding at times so the hate from my part is now history. :p

Happenstance: I have a friend who consistently tells me Lucas is crap. He simply wont see he's brilliant he is. You have to be proud that you're at least trying to like him. :D

Being a Dane myself I sure hope your prediction falls MadDog. :s

So what was you guys opinion of Sissoko when we had him? I know a lot of fans loved him but I couldnt stand him. He seemed to only have the one skill, tackling. Every other aspect of his game was like watching a crappy schoolboy play!

Im not saying I think hes still crap, just that I have a hard time admitting it because of just how crap he previously was :p

My favourite Lucas moment was when he scored a shot from just outside the box in a Europa League match, I think last season. His first touch was so bad that he had to sprint a good few metres forward before he got to the ball and then smacked it in the top corner.

It was the first touch that made it for me.

As much as I thought he was awful/terrible/shite at first he really has grown into a great player. The question is, would he be where he is today if Benitez didn't play him week in week out?

As much as I thought he was awful/terrible/shite at first he really has grown into a great player. The question is, would he be where he is today if Benitez didn't play him week in week out?

I think I remember reading a comment from Benitez once saying that Lucas was absolutely amazing during training matches but when it came to the real thing he just couldnt perform. I assume for him it just took a lot of time to get the confidence he needed (probably not helped by us fans!)

You have finished in the top 4 once! You don't get a say on who finishes in the big boy positions! :D

:laughing:

Let me keep dreaming! We don't get to often...

Typical spurs to lose at home to bolton tomorrow. Especially as we've just been cursed with both manager and player of the month!

To be fair, he was dreadful when he joined, but you're really going to miss Lucas this season. Shame :D

I thought Sissoko was ... well bad. I mostly saw our European matches but even there he pretty much sucked too. Obviously he was kind of overshadowed by Alonso and Gerrard especially in passing. He was probably the worst passer the last five years.

I'm in Florida when Euro2012 starts, hope the place I'm staying at has ESPN or I'll be hunting down a good bar to watch the England games.

Working tonight, off to Wigan an hour or so after. Good times.:zzz: