NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Got to say as a bitter, disappointed Manchester United fan, I'm so glad to know that Man Shitty crashed out too.

That makes the loss a little better, however it also means that Shitty will now be purely focused on the Premier League which will make it tougher for United now.

Also... It feels weird the only team left representing the Premiership in Europe is Chelsea...

No disrespect but I wouldn't of thought that would be the case. So fair play I guess...... [/disgruntled]

Also... It feels weird the only team left representing the Premiership in Europe is Chelsea...

No disrespect but I wouldn't of thought that would be the case. So fair play I guess...... [/disgruntled]

AVB's Chelsea definitely wouldn't have been through, but it goes to show how English teams just aren't hitting their heights in Europe, put it down to either being defensively quite poor or the competitiveness of the league but it puts a poor image in peoples heads when a team that isn't even qualifying for next years champions league at present is the only team left in it.

AVB's Chelsea definitely wouldn't have been through, but it goes to show how English teams just aren't hitting their heights in Europe, put it down to either being defensively quite poor or the competitiveness of the league but it puts a poor image in peoples heads when a team that isn't even qualifying for next years champions league at present is the only team left in it.

Yeah I came on here to post...I mean what does this say about the standard of the Premiership? Lots of people always point to there only being like 5 good teams in La Liga and that's why Barcelona and Real Madrid basically piss it. However Barcelona still do the business in Europe and I think Real Madrid are getting there wheras our teams aren't doing it at all for City and Utd to do so poorly in Champs League and then not really hit anything like good form in the Europa League is appalling.

Apologies if it's been posted but RVP's troll face is too good.

419777_236424343121358_182232441873882_465939_857477168_n.jpg

trollface.png

Troll face you say?

"Eskişehirspor supporters made that show for prohibition of torch lighting"

Bloody hell what's happened to Muamba?

From whats been said it sounds like he's suffered a heart attack. I hope he'll be alright.

I'm shocked. Really hope he pulls through. The lad came through our academy was an Arsenal man.

I really doubt he will from watching it live, he seemed to not be breathing for a long, long time. Obviously I hope he is though.

Apparently they were still trying to resuscitate him as he left the grounds, things look very bad.

This is the fifth time I can remember this happening (if it is heart related). About time screening became mandatory in professional sport.

Can't believe it. Totally shocked and upset.

Really hope he is ok.

:(

Shocking shocking news about Muamba.

Superb player for us. Hope he pulls through...

Credit to Spurs fans at White Hart Lane tonight, from what I'm hearing and reading they did the football world proud and acted with dignity.

Also hearing that the medics and officials were spot on. We can only but pray and hope Fabrice is ok.

Sky breaking news is that Fabrice is in a stable condition. I hope this is true.

This is the fifth time I can remember this happening (if it is heart related). About time screening became mandatory in professional sport.

I think it is in professional football here at least....

Anyway doesn't sound good him, seems he was without oxygen/not breathing for a long time...even if they did resuscitate him...you have to wonder what condition his brain is in.

Well... that was horrible. Not going to lie, I was close to welling up watching that. When the commentator first mentioned he was struggling I just assumed it was a hamstring or something, but when the camera focused on Muamba jolting around on the floor as the medics tried to flip him, it was pretty obvious it was serious.

Seeing the players crying and praying had me choked.

I know it's a cliche but it really does put things into perspective. Football isn't a matter of life and death, as much as Bill shankly would try to persuade you. I think sometime we take it a tad too seriously; it's a good eye opener.

You're right Ramar, the Spurs fans were a credit to the footballing community. I'd expect the same at any ground though. The deathly silence that blanketed the ground as they showed pictures of fans crying and praying was pretty horiffic.

A special mention to the fan (a cardiologist) that ran down to the pitch to offer advice and guidance to the paramedics.

Let's hope we hear more positive news in the morning.

Only just saw some clips from the game yesterday. It was shocking watching him resist being turned over.

The latest update that I have seen so far is from sky sports with the Headline reading "Muamba remains critically ill"

Last Updated: March 18, 2012 7:54am

Hope he pulls through.

I don't have ESPN so didn't see the footage so went on youtube (I should warn people there are some idiotic videos out there so try and stick to ones that have sensible titles and even though there are a ton of nice comments I'd say don't read the comments.) to see it and I've never been so moved and upset at something I've seen on a football pitch. I proper welled and had shivers all over. Particularly jarring was a scene when the cameras were way panned out and they said "of course our cameras are keeping their distance" but you could clearly see a guy bopping up and down doing CPR. Players clearly didn't know whether to watch or get away as fast as possible...some staring in with looks of sheer terror. Poor guy unbelievable.

Edited by flameboy

Was shocked when I heard what happened. The Sky Sports News presenter was practically crying on air.

I really hope he pulls through but what I thought was that he was without oxygen for so long there could be some serious brain damage.