NEurope
flameboy

Football Season 2011/2012

Also only watched video of it on YouTube, and it was as flameboy said pretty emotional! The players looked gutted. Reo Coker looked mortified as did VDV.

The crowd were brilliant though considering the situation, the chanting of his name from both sets of fans was something else.

I didn't see the United game today but heard there was a minute applause for Fabrice, i assume the players there were as emotional as yesterday.

Days like yesterday football becomes united!

Very sad to see what happened to Muamba and needless to say, I hope he gets well soon.

Onto more football though: Newcastle V Norwich.

Talk about grinding out a (much needed) win. We looked very lively in the first 15 minutes or so and it was an absolutely splendid finish from Cisse for the winner. Generally speaking I think we outplayed them but there were extended periods of defensive nervousness throughout. Particularly in the first half, there were a lot of moments where our players just didn't seem to know what to do on the ball when in defence.

Still, Cisse looks ever promising and for my money, Santon did pretty well when he came on. I agree with Sky Sports in that Jonas was probably my man of the match. Hopefully we can take some kind of momentum from this and get a win at West Brom.

Lovely to get a win again :)

Waiting on the soon to be announced 3rd barren spell.

For Torres?

Maybe you should worry about your still ongoing trophy barren spell ;)

Went up to the Reebok earlier. There's loads of cards and scarves, not only from Bolton fans, but from our local rivals like Blackburn, Wigan and Utd. Really touching stuff. Everyone around the town is stunned.

Was a strange atmosphere but stuff like this makes you realise it's only a game.

So proud of the players yet again, getting us to Wembley! :D

Suárez's goal was brilliant, class finish. Downing's goal was very good aswell.

The officials decisions today were terrible. The goal kick they gave when it bounced of Huth was the funniest thing I've ever seen, Suárez's reaction was so awesome.

So proud of the players yet again, getting us to Wembley! :D

Suárez's goal was brilliant, class finish. Downing's goal was very good aswell.

The officials decisions today were terrible. The goal kick they gave when it bounced of Huth was the funniest thing I've ever seen, Suárez's reaction was so awesome.

Did he roll on the ground as if he'd been shot? :heh:

He basically fell to the floor laughing. :p

It was the most ridiculous decision you'll ever see, i'll try and find it.

He basically fell to the floor laughing. :p

It was the most ridiculous decision you'll ever see, i'll try and find it.

Please do.. and the goals, if you can :heh: I was working this afternoon so I never got to see any of it..

Thanks, @MadDog :hehe: That was a couple of good goals from us today with Downing trying to be Lionel Messi..

It was surprisingly very Messi-esque.

He had good game did Downing. Skrtel was brilliant yet again, he's my player of the season so far easily. He deserves to be in the PL team of the year, but he won't get in.

Was really shocked about Muamba. It's good to hear that his condition has improved slightly, and we have the quick actions of the medical staff to thank for that.

It's very touching to see all of football come together to wish him well. Times like these make me happy that I'm a fan of the sport, despite all of the negativity it gets. On the downside, I wonder if more should be done to prevent things like this from happening.

More or less. Not winning a corner is just like being crunch tackled, didn't you know?

On the downside, I wonder if more should be done to prevent things like this from happening.

There's not really a lot you can do, some people are just more disposed towards heart attacks, usually through a genetic abnormality. I think having medics and defibrillator near the pitch is all you can do (which all clubs have now i think, since Mark Vivian Foe)

There's not really a lot you can do, some people are just more disposed towards heart attacks, usually through a genetic abnormality. I think having medics and defibrillator near the pitch is all you can do (which all clubs have now i think, since Mark Vivian Foe)

Unfortunately that's true. I was listening to 5Live all Saturday night hoping for news and they had a really good discussion on heart screening and what clubs do for their players. They had several club doctors for rugby clubs phone and say what they do and I think the Rotherham manager was on discussing his condition.

Great news today that Muamba is no longer classed as critical, however he is still considered seriously ill. Apparently he's been moving his limbs, recognising family members and even talking. Source

Some good info going on the BBC Football feed.

In a virtual league table of the Premier League starting from the arrival of O'Neill as the new Sunderland coach, the Black Cats rank fourth in the table behind only Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal.

Anyone think Blackburn might pull off a win tonight?

Some good info going on the BBC Football feed.

Anyone think Blackburn might pull off a win tonight?

Yes.

TROLLOLOLOLOLOLOL

What a story this has turned out to be, apparently Muamba was dead for 78 minutes, it's nothing short of a miracle, especially with how his recovery has been going so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17460781

Truly remarkable. I even read on twitter that the cardiologist Spurs fan who ran onto to the pitch to help was only at the game because he borrowed the ticket off someone who couldn't make it. I don't like using words like miracle, but it's hard not to.

All the rats come out all of a sudden. PLastic fans. Spurs never hid away and were always there. Arsenal fans have been a disgrace this season! And now, they all come and are "die hard" fans again!