N-Europe

Football Season 2011/2012

flameboy

Didn't hear Liverpool mentioned once on Sky Sports News this afternoon, forgot they existed - smalltime club!

I know everyone plays on the final day, but I thought they may have had a strop about having to play on a Sunday, they seem to have a strop about everything lately :p

It was a poor first half from both teams, we then were the better team in the 2nd and lost, as per.

Smalltime club that can still attract the biggest shirt deal in UK history. ;)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Championship for us next season. A bit annoying that we've gone down in the way we have, but over the 38 games we deserved it. You have to look at the matches we blew 2 goal leads and our poor home form.

Quite looking forward to next season though.

Let's take a moment to consider this idiot

Deserves a big old ban of some kind for that.

Yeah, can't believe Villa stayed up instead of them. Awful side.

The race for third was pretty exciting early on, Arsenal's early lead then went to 2 - 1 to West Brom. Sounds like Arsenal only got third because some woeful goalkeeping but the wes brom backup keeper. Will be cheering on Bayern in the final!

Still can't believe the end of the City game. God I love the premiership.

He is not a idiot he should of done it more harder so he Aguro should get injerd fucking Argantenian cunt

Absolutely gutted. We were so close, 5 mins to go. I knew City would score in injury time and as soon as I heard there were 5 mins to play, I knew they'd win it from there.

89 points and losing the title on goal difference is hard to take. But, we fucked up at crucial points in the season. Every single game counts. We went to Newcastle and were humiliated, City went there last week and got three points. Those are the sorts of moments where titles are lost and won.

We'll come back stronger, no doubt about it. I'm confident now that we will get the central midfield positions sorted, and maybe even the rightback area as well, because we still haven't nailed that down.

Right now, I'd be content with staying in bed for a week and never hearing about this day ever again.

Absolutely gutted. We were so close, 5 mins to go. I knew City would score in injury time and as soon as I heard there were 5 mins to play, I knew they'd win it from there.

89 points and losing the title on goal difference is hard to take. But, we fucked up at crucial points in the season. Every single game counts. We went to Newcastle and were humiliated, City went there last week and got three points. Those are the sorts of moments where titles are lost and won.

We'll come back stronger, no doubt about it. I'm confident now that we will get the central midfield positions sorted, and maybe even the rightback area as well, because we still haven't nailed that down.

Right now, I'd be content with staying in bed for a week and never hearing about this day ever again.

This was on the Internet

c2959363.jpg

Edited by canand

Fucking city it's not fair that they get 5 mins that's the only reason they won and city are still shit

He is not a idiot he should of done it more harder so he Aguro should get injerd fucking Argantenian cunt

You don't take losing very well do you.

The best team won the league, accept it.

And they said Anfield 89 couldn't be beat... as soon as Aguero scored the roof blew off the house. you could hear Martin Tyler's commentary from our next door neighbours. it was nuts.

Was also great to see Arsenal take 3rd. Not so good for Bolton: I originally wanted Bolton & Wigan to stay up.

btw, I was laughing at Barton's attempt at headbutting Kompany!

Edited by -Dem0-

Over the whole season I think City were the better team. United were 12 points clear at one point not too long ago and thought it was in the bag, City just kept plugging away and United gave up some crucial points.

Though I gotta say I have for a long time now not followed the Prem as closely as I did when I was younger and in my teens but this season it got me interested more again, and today was just a great day of football.

I was watching the City match when it hit 90mins and when I saw they were getting 5 mins I turned to the Utd match to see what they got and it was 3, and I just though, yeah certainly enough time for City to pull off something. Then I turned the channel back just as Cities equaliser went in.

Heard that some fans were already leaving the stadium thinking they lost it. Must have been a rollercoaster ride of emotion.

As for Barton, I just followed him on twitter now to see what he might say :heh:

And they said Anfield 89 couldn't be beat... as soon as Aguero scored the roof blew off the house. you could hear Martin Tyler's commentary from our next door neighbours. it was nuts.

Was also great to see Arsenal take 3rd. Not so good for Bolton: I originally wanted Bolton & Wigan to stay up.

btw, I was laughing at Barton's attempt at headbutting Kompany!

Anfield 89 was the two best teams in the country battling each other in a game for the title. This was a team which cost £1bn to assemble narrowly beating a team fighting against relegation, who were down to 10 men because Barton is a nutter.

Yes, it was dramatic, but in no way does it compare to Arsenal 2-0 Liverpool.

Barton's excuses...

Can do nothing but apologise to the players and the fans. Still don't think its a sending off. Tried to take 1 of their players with me....

Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f*ck, we are safe..........and that is all that matters.

The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me...

...Never worked but god loves a trier. #reallynotbother #wearesafe

Well done to Man City...

To all those nuggets who've been tweeting about relegation all season.......u were wrong. #chinup

To those same nuggets, the ones that constantly wrote us of all season. See u in the Premiership next season... #comeonur'sss

Think a few people are forgetting Tevez started the fracas by throwing a punch to the head...?

Right am off for a bit. Gonna enjoy QPR still being a Premiership club with all my team-mates. Cheerio people

What a joke of a person.

Well, Newcastle went and fucked that right up - but as it turns out it wouldn't have mattered anyway. Very pleased, 5th pretty dam awesome considering where many people thought we'd be at the start of the season. Spurs and Arsenal held out very well on the final day and perhaps proved we're not quite ready for the Champions League.

In a way I'm glad, means I don't have to wait for Munich beating Chelsea to be mildly disappointed. :heh:

Heartbreak. Absolutely gutted.

Such highs and lows throughout. Great finish to the season with a heartbreaking ending for me and to add salt into the wound I just got back from 5-a-side and think I may have nearly broken my thumb!

To be fair City were running away with it and at new year you would never thought United would catch them with their 8 point lead let alone get a 16 point swing. Then once we had that 8 point lead you just thought City had blown it and United would never let that slip. Mental it came down to the 94th minute of the final game of the season to decide.

Football. I love it and hate it.

We'll get number 20 next year.

I know there is a lot to talk about regarding the premiership today but Del Piero played his last game for Juventus today, he scored a goal and got to lift the scudetto, he's one of my idols in football and I have followed him at juventus since I was about 11.

I'll miss him.

Edited by James

I know there is a lot to talk about regarding the premiership today but Del Piero played his last game for Juventus today, he scored a goal and got to lift the scudetto, he's one of my idols in football and I have followed him at juventus since I was about 11.

I'll miss him.

Same here always loved him despite being an AC Milan "fan" (when we grew up and Football Italia was on Channel 4 I picked them and my bro picked Juve)

Anyway today was incredble, truly a unique footballing moment that will take some going to be replicated, personally this has been a terrible season but no doubt the Premiership has been one of the best in recent memory.