Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Kurtle Squad

My main problem is that I don't really know what good conversation starters are. What do I talk about initially?

Well you said that you say something about some shared interest? It's obviously a very subjective thing, but I'd imagine that you can say "hey, saw on your profile that you liked the Dexter books - I've always loved the show and of course books are always better, but where do I start? Are they massively different? I'm only up to season 3, so will the books spoil anything?"

... Casual? Not approaching them all "Hi I want to one day sleep with you" in the slightest. If you have a shared food or movie or general out-n-about shared interest, then perhaps after comparing theories/ideas/conspiracies it may lead to some outside interaction?

Approach it like you just want to chat to like-minded folk.

Finding out Dan/Emma's initial messag exchange would be better info perhaps!

Would it be worth mentioning that I am a manager and director (of different companies), and that I was given a percentage of the company I work for (on my profile)?

Definitely. Although perhaps say "I own part of the company" rather than "X%". A figure looks like you're showing off, saying you own part of it is showing value.

Strangely, I've just had messages from two people. So I'll see how those go.

Unfortunately, neither are from this country.

I got that too. Hopefully they will be sending me a large cheque soon once the small fee I sent them has cleared.

Later fuckers, I'm totally rich.

In terms of first message, I'm starting to think it really doesn't matter what you write. There are certain things you need to get right: grammar, spelling and an opportunity for them to reply to what's written, but other than that I don't think it matters. By opportunity to reply I mean asking questions etc.

When I receive a message, I generally go straight to their profile and decide whether to message them back based on my general impression of them. I assume they do the same. OKCupid is pretty good too as it gives compatibility percentages, although I wouldn't treat them as gospel.

So basically, the first message's content is just a formality. The general impression you give on your profile and how you write your message is far more important. Even that isn't exactly too important as everyone's preference is different. You could be a massive hit with one person, then fail miserably with another. Even if you come across as a complete chump, someone will like it. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Dan: Xbox Xbox! Breaking Bad Mad Man! Xbox!

Emma: Umm, go away.

I WAS THERE!

Ah yes, the haunting mating call of the wild Danarius Dareous. If it isn't successful the male will simply sneak-mate with the nearest DVD boxset published by Paramount.

I've witnessed a few different parenting techniques and it really makes me wonder what sort of a parent I'd be. I've gone from' date=' 6 months ago, thinking I'd be a great Dad, to now believing [b']I'd be a really shitty one[/b].

Regarding kids I'm terrified of being a bad father. I'm still learning to take proper care of myself, it wouldn't be fair to leave another human being in my responsibility! :heh:

You weirdos. The fact that you're thinking so much about whether you'd be a good father or not indicates that you'd definitely do pretty well. I mean some people don't give a rat's arse about parenting, so there's some perspective for you... ; D

Marriage wise..perhaps more likely than children. To me, I don't see the fuss over a big day with everyone looking at me, but that's not to say I wouldn't have a nice relationship way into my old age, it just isn't a priority. It doesn't scream 'I love you so much' to me, it screams 'expensive day where everyone looks at me' but people are different and I'm happy for my friends who are getting married soon.

Yeah, I'm not that interested in marriage either, seems like an unpractical thing of mere tradition anyway. As for children, yes, sounds interesting and challenging. Although, I have to echo Danny's statement about not being ready yet. Still studying, not gonna stay in this city etc...What comes to personal development, I wonder whether you can ever even be "ready". I mean you keep learning new stuff all the time, so I don't think there's any definite point of readiness. The "training mode" of life seems to go on forever anyway, so just jump into the main game, you'll learn the same stuff there as well...

Edited by Ville

I've got to say, dating sites thus far are fucking lame. Like, spent about 30 minutes cruising for a pretty face.

Edit: Bit harsh. Found one.

Haha, I agree...they are hard to comeby. I have found very few that perk my interest

Edited by Serebii

Haha, I agree...they are hard to comeby. I have found very few that perk my interest

I signed up last year and there were a few decent girls. Deleted my account.

Signed up last week, haven't done anythign to my profile, I just wanted to check the girls out. They're all the same girls as last year with a few extra single mums.

Finding out Dan/Emma's initial messag exchange would be better info perhaps!

Can't remember exactly what he said, but the first message was a question about something on my profile, which is definitely the right way to go about messaging someone for the first time.

I then probably replied back answering the question and expanding on it, plus asking him a question about his profile.

This all happened on a Sunday evening, and after a while we both realised that we lived around the corner from each other, so decided to meet at the local pub and continue our conversation. After that he came round to mine every evening for a week and watched my Rome box set. :cool:

It was a similar thing with Phantasy Star Universe's subscription. The only way to cancel was to ring up. Luckily for me, the card I used to pay expired, saving me the hassle.

Same thing happened with Match.com as well when I briefly tried that.

tumblr_lk0zgprACT1qi2gtlo1_400.gif

Felt good.

Wow, what a load of crap...even when unsubscribing, they tried making it as difficult as possible. Such wankers...

The cancellation in that article is a thousand times easier than cancelling a Lovefilm subscription.

I've got to say, dating sites thus far are fucking lame. Like, spent about 30 minutes cruising for a pretty face.

Edit: Bit harsh. Found one.

Where you at, brah? There's no denying the dearth of quality in most of those sites- most of the women look like rejects from an early build of Doom 3- but OK Cupid seemed pretty good when I was on there, as long you're in to girls in danger of defining their personality with hair dye and casually labelling themselves as bisexual. It's also actually free, rather than the hook of 'free sign up'.