N-Europe

Username

Kurtle Squad

Well hello; after quite a few years I'm back, and probably more mellow than before.

Anyway... I've been thinking of aligning all my game related accounts by using the same name as my Gamertag: Kurtle Squad; which doesn't really make sence (as I'm one guy), but I've grown fond of it and haven't come up with anything I prefer.*

However, since some things don't allow spaces, I was wondering whether it would be best to have a hyphen or underscore in such cases, and what the advantages of each would be (especially technical ones concerning Google searches etc).

Or if you're good at coming up with names...

*I would prefer just Kurtle, but it's used by others aswell and I'd rather not get confused with them etc.

Edited by Kurtle Squad

Could go even more Squirtle and call yourself Skurtle. But that would probably lead to more account changing.

Haha. I have actually tried different spellings and such, but none I found really work.

I don't really have any accounts that I "need" to keep, appart from my XBL one; which is why I'm trying to figure out what Screen-Name I want now, before I get an account I can't change the name of, but can't abandon either.

And don't worry about me "growing out" of Kurtle: I was called it as an actual nickname since at least 16 (during Sixth Form - over 6 years ago).

Haha. I have actually tried different spellings and such, but none I found really work.

I don't really have any accounts that I "need" to keep, appart from my XBL one; which is why I'm trying to figure out what Screen-Name I want now, before I get an account I can't change the name of, but can't abandon either.

And don't worry about me "growing out" of Kurtle: I was called it as an actual nickname since at least 16 (during Sixth Form - over 6 years ago).

Yeah, thats the only issue with XBL. 800ms for a name change, bloomin rezdiculous.

Yeah, thats the only issue with XBL. 800ms for a name change, bloomin rezdiculous.

I know. I was originally Kurtle UK (years ago), but it seemed a bit genericly crass (if something can be described as such), so I ended up preferring Kurtle Squad enough to pay to change it, after a good friend's suggestion of it.

Edited by Kurtle Squad

But it's not possible at all on the PS3, and you don't even have an online identity on the Wii. I changed my name on the 360. I know it was a cost, but I figured it was worth it.

People pay for much more trivial aesthetics, like DLC hats, avatar outfits, console wallpapers, MMO clothing/armours/weapons. Compared to most of those things, your gamertag is probably the most prominent thing about your online persona.

But it's not possible at all on the PS3, and you don't even have an online identity on the Wii. I changed my name on the 360. I know it was a cost, but I figured it was worth it.

People pay for much more trivial aesthetics, like DLC hats, avatar outfits, console wallpapers, MMO clothing/armours/weapons. Compared to most of those things, your gamertag is probably the most prominent thing about your online persona.

True, but if you only wanted to change 1 letter of your gamertag. 800ms is a bit pricy for 1 letter.

You'll have to explain that to me Nando, all I'm seeing is a Liverpool player trying to look mean like a wrestler..

Sorry.. his name is Skrtel so I immediately thought of him when you suggested Kurtle should go with Skurtle as his username. They're pronounced the same :smile:

However, since some things don't allow spaces, I was wondering whether it would be best to have a hyphen or underscore in such cases, and what the advantages of each would be (especially technical ones concerning Google searches etc).

So should I go with hyphens, underscores or join the words together?

Edited by Kurtle Squad