N-Europe

Pikmin 3 Set For Wii U

Hero-of-Time

• 7 months later...

Just read this on nintendoeverything.com

Miyamoto on his excitement of bringing back Pikmin on Wii U?

?Originally, I was making Pikmin 3 would be launched on the Wii platform. Because the Wii U is capable of HD quality pictures, and will be accompanied by the subscreen on your hand. I thought that I would be able to make a Pikmin that was closer to my ideal. I am now actually enjoying myself, working on the game.?

Just to get some dialogue on Pikmin 3 going again, who is just creaming in his/her little pink panties at the thought of this at launch?

I'd put money on it being a definate launch [window] title.

If by launch window, you mean about 2-6 months after launch, I think that could be possible.

We won't get it at Day One, though. Would love it if it did happen.

In fact, I hope we get some footage from Nintendo at E3 over what's coming. It's what they do these days, show stuff as close to the launch of the game as possible. If we don't see anything about Pikmin at E3, I'd be worried.

I think they'll use it to show of the console and it's capabilities, then leave it until about a year. They'll also delay it so they can put in poorly-designed left-handed controls.

TROLL. There are two analogues on the uPad. Ergo, left handed out of the box. Symmetry is the way forward.

Leave the trolling to the professionals.

775887-wario_large.jpg

TROLL. There are two analogues on the uPad. Ergo, left handed out of the box.

Actually, some games on consoles with dual analogue omit one kind of left handed gamer (ones that use southpaw controls), even though it's as simple as swapping the stick functions.

It depends how long it has been decided that it will be a Wii U game - i'm guessing it was pretty early on, but then it depends on what ideas Miyamoto wants to implement to utilise the new platform, let alone the HD aspect. I'm confident it will be close to launch, if not at launch though. It is classic Nintendo to keep quiet about something like this.

Despite being stupidly rubbish at Pikmin (some would call me a Pikmin genocide enforcer) I would love this to be a launch title on Wii U.

I could imagine that you would have your army stats on the tablet, such as how many pikmin you have, and it would be SOOO much easier to seperate them into squads by just using the touch screen.

I amagine the pikmin character models to be updated aswell to make their skin look more vegetable like.

Cube: You make me laugh. :heh:

Despite being stupidly rubbish at Pikmin (some would call me a Pikmin genocide enforcer) I would love this to be a launch title on Wii U.

I could imagine that you would have your army stats on the tablet, such as how many pikmin you have, and it would be SOOO much easier to seperate them into squads by just using the touch screen.

I amagine the pikmin character models to be updated aswell to make their skin look more vegetable like.

Yeeees, I agree. Separating the Pikmin into smaller groups is a must. It's quite fun seeing all of your Pikmin behind you as you're walking. But, it's a motherbitch to try and navigate, especially if you've got obstacles or dangerous things in the way.

Touchscreen could easily be used for that. The focus should still be on Olimar, though and him navigating around the map with his army behind him. Just, make the movement easier.

Cube: You make me laugh. :heh:

Yeeees, I agree. Separating the Pikmin into smaller groups is a must. It's quite fun seeing all of your Pikmin behind you as you're walking. But, it's a motherbitch to try and navigate, especially if you've got obstacles or dangerous things in the way.

Touchscreen could easily be used for that. The focus should still be on Olimar, though and him navigating around the map with his army behind him. Just, make the movement easier.

How about you being able to draw the formations in which the Pikmin should follow you on your Upad. Think of the formations in LKS, but with your own personal touch :)

Pikmin is probably the Nintendo game that will benefit from HD graphics alone. Just by having more pixels devoted to each tiny object will be a benefit in itself. To be honest, I'm not all that excited for a new Pikmin, although like I say I think the fact it'll be boosted by HD will get my interest.

I agree with the comments about the Pikmin needing to be easier to separate. Well, they were easy to separate in Pikmin 2, but using the whistle to gather them all too often collected Pikmin of the wrong colour as well.

Also, I wasn't too keen on having Olimar and another character (I forget his name) to control. Other than that, I'm interested to see what Pikmin 3 will be like.

If I remember correctly at last year's E3 when Miyamoto announced the game was being moved to Wii U, he said something along the lines of seeing it sooner than we might think due to it being in development for a long time on Wii.

Maybe it might make it as a launch game but that's just me being optimistic. Still though...