NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I think NINTENDO/Sora would like to announce such a site on their own.

It would be kind of strange to have Namco announce this, but you never know.

I think NINTENDO/Sora would like to announce such a site on their own.

It would be kind of strange to have Namco announce this, but you never know.

Given relative success of the Dojo, crossover hype allowing Namco to handle/host that could be brilliant?

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure... hated that character in the JUMP DS games.

Not Smash Bros. Ignore.

JoJo's Bizzare Adventure... hated that character in the JUMP DS games.

:indeed:

You don't know what you're missing. JJBA is amazing. I wet my pants seeing the trailer. Now, I want a PS3...

So I found this and surprised no one has posted it yet:

Smash Bros Wii U: 'Big Priority For Namco', Tekken Team To Be Involved - Harada

Dave Cook

Smash Bros is coming to Wii U courtesy of Nintendo and Namco Bandai. Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada has revealed the scale of the project.

Smash Bros. Wii U is being co-developed by Namco Bandai, and is a "big priority for the company", Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada can confirm.

In an interview with NowGamer, Harada explained the true scale of Namco's massive joint effort with Nintendo.

"Obviously it’s a big priority for the company," Harada explained, "so company-wide there are a lot of people involved with that particular project. Not just from Tekken but a lot of our franchises. "

Harada continued, "Although our main core staff is busy with Tekken Tag tournament 2 and trying to finish that up, I do think we’ll support the initiative in some kind of capacity."

We also asked Harada if he knew of any Namco characters who would be appearing in Smash Bros. Wii U.

Harada responded, "That question was one of the most frequently asked questions we got when we announced the project. Especially from abroad."

"The fans, rather than asking about Tales or Gundam, or some of our other franchises, the fans abroad saw Tekken as one of the key words and took off on that."

"We’re not really sure at this moment but when thinking of the playerbase who is playing Smash Bros, maybe Tekken characters is something they wouldn’t want, so I’ve been pulling back on that a bit. But I don’t know."

We'll have more on Smash Bros. Wii U as it happens.

For me this is good news. Seems the chaps at Namco understand the franchise and are giving it some belt. Liking how massive this game is starting to sound.

So I found this and surprised no one has posted it yet:

*cough*

I'm glad Harada is working on it. He's a cool dude. Plus, he's quite against characters as paid DLC (Tekken Tag 2 has DLC characters, but for free)

And there are Tekken characters that could work in Smash Bros, Heihachi is going to appear in the Sony game, after all. Kuma and Roger fit on a wackier level, Mokujin is the type of character Smash Bros doesn't have yet, etc.

Whoops sorry Josh!

I dunno, I'd be happy for the Tekken characters to stay out frankly. I don't know tons about the franchise but most of it is so manly macho angry that the general feel of the series doesn't fit well in my head. I'd say the SoulCalibur franchise would fit better but I'm still in no hurry for that to see happen either.

Someone who I do want in it though:

I-Love-Katamari-V.1.0.0.0XBL-.xap_.png

Edited by Jamba

Haha! He would be an awesome addition, Jamba! I did even think of him. If Namco do add characters then that's the route I hope they take. Give us weird and wacky ones, not the boring Soul Calibur and Tekken types.

...there are Tekken characters that could work in Smash Bros... Kuma and Roger fit on a wackier level, Mokujin is the type of character Smash Bros doesn't have yet, etc.

Gon from Tekken 3 would fit into Smash Bros quite well too. Mokujin could change to another random move set each time he's knocked off the battlefield.

I wouldn't mind a couple characters making it in.

One problem with Prince/Katamari though is that there has never been a Katamari game released on a Nintendo console and one of Sakurai's main rules regarding 3rd party characters is that the character in question must have starred in a game that was released on a Nintendo console...

Anyway, as far as NB characters go, I think that the safe bets are Pacman, Tamagochi and at least one Tales of character (probably Lloyd Irving)

Hmm...

Smaller size characters can work - Olimar was an example.

123059_0_org.jpg

Clearly they need their mascot (sort of mascot) -

New-Pac-Man-Game-Slated-for-2010-From-Namco-Bandai-2.jpg

Just fits really given the lineup -

Namco-x-Capcom-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Klonoa.jpg

With characters like Marth, Roy, Link..... plus with Link in Soul Caliber 2.. again another fit?

Namco-x-Capcom-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Mitsurugi-Heishiro.jpg

One problem with Prince/Katamari though is that there has never been a Katamari game released on a Nintendo console and one of Sakurai's main rules regarding 3rd party characters is that the character in question must have starred in a game that was released on a Nintendo console...

I thought the rule was that it needed to be in a game exclusive to a Nintendo console.

Although if they're scrapping the exclusive part...if Sony don't get Crash and Spyro in their game then Nintendo should put them in Smash Bros. Would be amusing having the two most iconic PlayStation characters only appearing in Smash Bros.

Whoops sorry Josh!

I dunno, I'd be happy for the Tekken characters to stay out frankly. I don't know tons about the franchise but most of it is so manly macho angry that the general feel of the series doesn't fit well in my head. I'd say the SoulCalibur franchise would fit better but I'm still in no hurry for that to see happen either.

Buh? Tekken loves making fun of itself.

I've also just realised, if the Tekken team is working on Smash Bros., it's possible we might get individual endings for each character.

Gon from Tekken 3 would fit into Smash Bros quite well too. Mokujin could change to another random move set each time he's knocked off the battlefield.

I wouldn't mind a couple characters making it in.

Gon would fit like a glove, too. The problem is, he's not owned by Namco. He was a guest fighter, like Link in Soul Calibur 2.

I thought the rule was that it needed to be in a game exclusive to a Nintendo console.

Although if they're scrapping the exclusive part...if Sony don't get Crash and Spyro in their game then Nintendo should put them in Smash Bros. Would be amusing having the two most iconic PlayStation characters only appearing in Smash Bros.

That would be pretty hilarious, but I think it would be even funnier to see the two washups appearing in a bootleg Smash Bros clone :laughing:

Snake making an appearance would just be the icing on the cake (especially since they've already stolen his final smash for use by another character!)

Sakurai has spoken:

"The game system itself is complete, so we don’t want to make it 3D or introduce complicated controls just for the sake of it," he said. "However, I am thinking of ways we can introduce a slightly different, fun experience all the while keeping the usual frantic game play."

"I think Snake and Sonic joining were fantastic. It made many fans happy, and it broadened the Smash Bros arena," he said. "However, introducing more non-Nintendo characters willy-nilly will lose the focus of the game, so I also recognise the need to narrow it down."

So it sounds like we will see some guest characters, but only a few of them. no more than 4/5?

nice to hear about it.. better than nothing

for third party they must! add megaman in it, furthermore i dont really care what they do with it,

smashbros has always been my favorite game, and they have done an awesome job from the beginning.. it can only get better

If they want to add third party characters in a game I think it should be a one off. So it allows other characters from 3rd party titles to come in and join the game. So this game rather than Snake and Sonic it could be Megaman and Pacman

They should just make a completely separate game in the same generation with just 3rd party characters, then everybody's happy!

They should just make a completely separate game in the same generation with just 3rd party characters, then everybody's happy!

Agreed...all third party mascot characters all fighting one another...Japan only!

Iwata and Miyamoto: *Laughs*

Sonic needs to stay.

Why? There are many other characters that deserve to be in the game unlike Sonic, 1st party and 3rd party wise.