NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

Nintendo: Now is the time to go all out with a collector's edition. A version with both WiiU and 3DS games and a ton of collectable stuff.

So it has begun: unreasoned personal desires taking over realistic expectations... prepare to be disappointed guys. :indeed:

Putting aside characters, the features I would love to see are (mostly just wishful thinking... won't be disappointed if it don't happen) :

- Costumes (like with Wario).

- Improved adventure mode. Subspace Emissary was a step in the right direction to breath life in the smash bros world. The whole "world of trophies" thing has a lot to offer plotwise and could easily be developed into something really cool.

I can imagine something like a mix between:

- Kirby: SSE was already kinda-like a Kirby in smash bros universe. Just add the possibility of assist trophies being "summoned" for temporary help like helpers in some Kirby games,

- Metroid: Instead of dividing the game in levels, create a big world with various areas connected together and take advantage of the vast array of characters and abilities to block paths leading to them. This way, you can encounter some basic characters along the road and, instead of unlocking other characters as they pop during the plot, make the player explore and search for their trophies hidden across the world (same goes for new assit trophies,...),

- Zelda/Mario: use a town populated by NPCs from Nintendo games as the central hub where you can customize characters (costume, stickers, assist character,...), grab side quests and hints about hidden trophies, play mini-games and arena (boss rush,...) without exiting adventure mode,...

- and throw in some exotic gameplay phases inspired by other Nintendo games (barrel blasting from DKC for example).

Oh and instead of creating crappy ennemies nobody cares about, use the damn iconic ennemies from the Nintendo games you're paying hommage to! (same goes for locations) But it's Sakurai so, strangely, that's the thing I'm least expecting to come true. He's good for making games with load of contents but have weird tastes in world building... it's like he throw random things and hope they work together.

- Chess board-like game with trophies, playable on the WiiU tablet. The assets are done: why not use them for gameplay!

- Chess board-like game with trophies, playable on the WiiU tablet. The assets are done: why not use them for gameplay!

I really love this idea! Kinda of like Battle Chess, where the characters would move and then have a little fighting animation before taking the piece.

Putting aside characters, the features I would love to see are (mostly just wishful thinking... won't be disappointed if it don't happen) :

- Costumes (like with Wario).

I think they should expand costumes to allow similar characters (with exactly the same moveset).

Nintendo: Now is the time to go all out with a collector's edition. A version with both WiiU and 3DS games and a ton of collectable stuff.

They also need to provide paid DLC, for characters and levels that would otherwise have been in the game from the start.

They also need to provide paid DLC, for characters and levels that would otherwise have been in the game from the start.

And then in 9 months time release an Ultimate Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS Turbo Arcade Edition Revival HD Remix Edition which includes all the DLC on the disc already unlocked

I had this random thought today about Eevee being a playable character.

I like the idea of transforming character but where the moveset stays largely the same.

You start out as Eevee and after a number of hits there is a flash you have the ability to transform into one of its seven different forms.

They're largely be the same character, lots of tackles and pounds and dashes and scratches but with hugely different effects.

Vaporeon - low attack, but very high push (water effect added, like Mario's FLUDD), also high dodge

Jolteon - incredibly fast, but low attack, can jump the highest, stuns people sometimes, can break through blocks

Flareon - burns on attack sometimes, high attack, slowest

Espeon - mewtwo-like energy abilities, teleporting abilities

Umbreon - shadowy dodges and attacks that linger on you like a curse

Leafeon - attacks heal you, maybe a poison attack

Glaceon - freezing attacks, highest defence

Just rough ideas... but I think it'd be a fun mechanic. And I think Eevee is iconic enough... certainly more liked and known than Lucario.

I am looking forward to Super Smash Bro's Kerfuffle. That's the title. My dad works for Nintendo in the future.

I'm praying for there not being any more Pokémon in there. As a matter of fact, I want Jigglypuff removed. And Pichu.

I'd rather have a Gerudo, or what's his name from Disaster: Day of Crisis.

Yeah! Whatsisname! That guy's awesome!

But really, I don't mind more Pokémon, there's so much potential in that franchise. They could make an entire fighting game out of those guys.

And as much as Jigglypuff sucks in Brawl, I'd prefer she stayed. She's the most aerial-focused character, and pretty unique.

Yeah! Whatsisname! That guy's awesome!

But really, I don't mind more Pokémon, there's so much potential in that franchise. They could make an entire fighting game out of those guys.

And as much as Jigglypuff sucks in Brawl, I'd prefer she stayed. She's the most aerial-focused character, and pretty unique.

How many Pokémon are there nowadays? I owned blue, loved it, planned on getting the new ones, but every time I got around to it, there was a new one announced. Pokémon is a bottomles well: you can add literally hundreds of them and people still won't have the one they want.

Why not instead add characters that are unaccounted for. Like someone from Punchout? Not to mention the near infinite ammount of characters you can borrow from other companies.

Edited by darkjak

Because Little Mac can't use elemental punches like Hitmonchan :heh:

But seriously, adding pokémon hardly takes away the spot from other characters. I mean, whose spot is Jigglypuff taking?

And every single franchise has tons of cool characters (I mean seriously, you just suggested a Gerudo), Pokémon is no different.

Well, you run the risk of things feeling lopsided. It'd feel like Super Pokémon Bros. if you had 10+ Pokémon, while most series are just represented with one or two characters. :heh:

It's like how there are a million Kirby trophies and two million Pokémon trophies in Brawl, while there are, like, five or so Fire Emblem trophies.

Now imagine that on the character selection screen. :sad:

Because Little Mac can't use elemental punches like Hitmonchan :heh:

But seriously, adding pokémon hardly takes away the spot from other characters. I mean, whose spot is Jigglypuff taking?

And every single franchise has tons of cool characters (I mean seriously, you just suggested a Gerudo), Pokémon is no different.

Whom would have taken Jigglypuffs spot? Who knows!

There's just a certain ammount of man power that's available to develop ANY game. Even in the biggest of games, no more than perhaps 50% of all ideas make it in to the final game. So to add one new character, you have to deny another. Who knows what characters we could've had in Brawl if priorities had been different.

Personally I think that Pokémon trainer should've been the first Pokémon character in the Smash franchise. Having Pikachu and Jigglypuff because of their popularity in the cartoons is like having the king of Hyrule because he existed in the CD-i games.

Well, you run the risk of things feeling lopsided. It'd feel like Super Pokémon Bros. if you had 10+ Pokémon, while most series are just represented with one or two characters. :heh:

It's like how there are a million Kirby trophies and two million Pokémon trophies in Brawl, while there are, like, five or so Fire Emblem trophies.

Now imagine that on the character selection screen. :sad:

Well yeah, that wasn't my point. I don't want 10+ characters of a single franchise or anything.

But darkjak was outright saying to cut Jigglypuff and stop adding pokémon altogether, and then said "there are too many pokémon" as an argument to back it up. I was just countering that.

(On a side-note, I actually want to see a Pokémon fighting game, but that's another story...)

Whom would have taken Jigglypuffs spot? Who knows!

There's just a certain ammount of man power that's available to develop ANY game. Even in the biggest of games, no more than perhaps 50% of all ideas make it in to the final game. So to add one new character, you have to deny another. Who knows what characters we could've had in Brawl if priorities had been different.

You missed my point: Who fights like Jigglypuff? Who can fight like her? They had ideas for her, they worked (more in Melee than in Brawl), and now we have an interesting character. The fact that she's a Pokémon doesn't really matter, her moveset only works for her.

So they could've spent some time working on a different character, but that's irrelevant, because Jigglypuff was the one they chose to work on. Just like the Ice Climbers in Melee, or Wolf and Pit in Brawl. None of those characters are bad additions, and the reason they're in was because the developers had ideas for them in the first place. They didn't pick them because they were iconic or popular, they added them because they knew what they wanted to do with them.

Point is, they didn't waste time with Jigglypuff, because they weren't going to waste it anywhere else in the first place. The fact that she's from Pokémon is trivial at best.

Personally I think that Pokémon trainer should've been the first Pokémon character in the Smash franchise. Having Pikachu and Jigglypuff because of their popularity in the cartoons is like having the king of Hyrule because he existed in the CD-i games.

Ironically enough, if the developers had your mindset when making Brawl, there would be no Pokémon Trainer in the first place.

Also, "being popular" and "existing" are two different things, as you know.

They didn't pick them because they were iconic or popular, they added them because they knew what they wanted to do with them.

And then they do things like replacing Roy with Ike and Mewtwo with Lucario just so they can tie in to some of their newer games.

And they introduce Lucas to tie in to Mother 3, but refuse to get rid of Ness because he's been in ever Super Smash Bros. game, so you get two characters who play really similarly.

Not to mention the lazy Fox/Falco/Wolf trio.

I think part of it is "okay, here's this really cool idea for a character," while another part is simply "okay, what's the easiest way to include more characters/advertize current Nintendo games?"

And then they do things like replacing Roy with Ike and Mewtwo with Lucario just so they can tie in to some of their newer games.

And they introduce Lucas to tie in to Mother 3, but refuse to get rid of Ness because he's been in ever Super Smash Bros. game, so you get two characters who play really similarly.

Not to mention the lazy Fox/Falco/Wolf trio.

I think part of it is "okay, here's this really cool idea for a character," while another part is simply "okay, what's the easiest way to include more characters/advertize current Nintendo games?"

Well, I suppose you're also right :heh:

Though I don't think Ike is replacing Roy at all (Ike is no clone), and Wolf is actually different enough from the other two, but point taken.

I hope Xenoblade gets a bit of love in the next SSB. Shulk, Reyn and Sharla would fit nicely, and I'd love a level set in Colony 9 during a mechon attack! Actually, thinking about it, some of the Last Story team could be good choices and the main guy from Pandora's Tower too. And have a monster heart as a health-regen item. Go on Sakurai, support Operation Rainfall!

Are Last Story and Pandora's Tower even Nintendo games?

Are Last Story and Pandora's Tower even Nintendo games?

Of course they are. Like Sin & Punishment is.

Pandora's Tower, perhaps, but couldn't The Last Story have some difficulties? In Japan and Europe it's fine, but Nintendo have nothing to do with it in America.

Pandora's Tower, perhaps, but couldn't The Last Story have some difficulties? In Japan and Europe it's fine, but Nintendo have nothing to do with it in America.

They have everything to do with it. They're getting XSEED to distribute, but that doesn't rewrite history in terms of who owns the rights to the game. It would be like saying my copy of Resident Evil Revelations isn't really a Capcom game because NOE distributed it, or Conker's Bad Fur Day is 'less' of a Rare game because THQ distributed it over here.

Ah, I thought that it was a situation like No More Heroes where completely separate publishers released the game in different regions separately.

Isn't it just a case of getting an agreement from the creators of a particular game/character in order to use it in Brawl?

Or just have developers beg you to include it?

In any case, I'm hoping for more 3rd party characters now that NINTENDO tries to establish better ties with them.

But's it going to take one hell of a long time for the game to get finished though.

In any case, I'm hoping for more 3rd party characters now that NINTENDO tries to establish better ties with them.

Capcom will announce Megaman is to be included. Fans get hyped.

They later announce he will be DLC. Fans moan a little.

Capcom finally cancel the Megaman DLC at the last minute. The internet explodes.