NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I think that would be a really good idea, a lot of gamers found out what Fire Emblem & Earthbound was thanks to Smash Bros. This then made those gamers see where these characters originated from, played those games and now they want to see more Fire Emblem & Earthbound titles.

Considering how popular the franchise is, we could very well see more 3rd party characters being included. perhaps characters that have been forgotten recently would benefit the most by being included in the roster. Imagine the reception that Megaman would get from being an unlock-able character in the next Smash! that may in turn lead to a much greater demand for Capcom to start delivering some MM goodness!

Or Microsoft deciding that the best thing for Rare's franchises is the 3DS, so they make Banjo-Threeie-Deeie and put Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Bros. to raise awareness.*

*I am now in a complete dream state and don't want to consider the harsh reality that this has 0% chance of happening.

I'd love to see Ganon be a character. Like proper Ganon.

Ganon_(Oracle_of_Ages_%26_Oracle_of_Seasons).png

What characters do we think probably won't make a return?

I'm thinking Wolf, and Ness OR Lucas might be dropped altogether. I do hope Zelda and Sheik are split up, Zelda strengthened and Sheik's move set given to Impa.

I hope Lucario is gone and replaced with Mewtwo, you just can't get over the fact Mewtwo is and always will be far more iconic than anything else in the series that could replace it.

I'd be cool to see Pokémon Trainer 2 who'd have Oshawott, Servine and Emboar.

I don't think King De De De will make a return, I agree with you hamish. Wolf returning? don't think so, but what about a straight replacement with another Starfox character like Krystal?

I'd like to see little Mac, or maybe even knuckle Joe.

From Fire Emblem; instead of having two Lords how about Krom with a Mage? or a Knight?

What do people think about Sora from KH and Amaterasu from Okami?

I still want snake to be in the game, but this time he could have another MGS character accompanying him in the form of Raiden.

On the point of Lucario, I don't think he'll be coming back, nor do I think Mewtwo will return, I think we might see another Pokemon in a similar vein as Mewtwo/Lucario, I don't mean type or moveset wise but in physique.

Edited by -Dem0-

I don't think King De De De will make a return

:nono: Sakurai runs this series, if anything he'll put more characters from the Kirby universe in there :D

I wouldn't like it if DeDeDe were to be deleted, in fact, I'm all for MOAR characters instead of cuts.

I can see them updating the Pokémon roster again, but, other than that, I don't really see them cutting any of the others from Brawl.

Is it considered necessary to cut and replace in order to keep the balance present?

I don't think that should be the case though. Every character just has his/her/it 'unique' move set, which shouldn't be anything considerably better than that of another character.

I can see a loooooooooooooooooooooong debug/test period with more characters coming to the roster though.

Characters I'd like to see added in playable form (both realistic and not)

- Fawful

- Waluigi

- Shanoa

- Paper Mario

- Little King

- Henry Hatsworth

- Prof. E. Gadd

- Professor Layton

- Amaterasu

- Mii

- Rayman (with Rabbids only as assist trophies, so help me god)

- Ghirahim

- Louie teaming up with Olimar

- Ridley

- Albert Wesker

Just to name a few.

Out of that list, I'd say Ghirahim and the Mii is probably the most realistic.

Edited by Fused King

Yet again, true. But what really prevents Me to appear on the Wii U? I'm holding my thumbs that Retro Studios will port a vastly improved version of ME1.

Stop. Just stop thinking that these things aren't impossible.

Instead of DeDeDe (don't really like him) I'd much prefer other Kirby characters like Knuckle Joe &

KRTDL_Captain.png

Magolor.

Staple characters aside I think people in general want to see more different characters with weird & wonderful movesets, so cutting and replacing characters, in the end depends on the size of the roster they want to go with.

Stop. Just stop thinking that these things aren't impossible.

I wouldn't say it's impossible. But I do agree that it's very much wishful thinking, very unlikely.

On the other hand, did we really think that we were going to get MGS ported to the Gamecube before it happened? Or that Silicon Knights were the ones whom would do it?

Did we ever think we were going to get an enhanced version of Ocarina of Time?

Or Microsoft deciding that the best thing for Rare's franchises is the 3DS, so they make Banjo-Threeie-Deeie and put Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Bros. to raise awareness.*

*I am now in a complete dream state and don't want to consider the harsh reality that this has 0% chance of happening.

Forget Banjo, I want Joanna Dark!

What I actually hope Sakurai and NINTENDO do, is allow people to vote or send their preferred characters they'd like to see in the next Smash via Club Nintendo or something.

I recall huge fan support for Geno from Super Mario RPG and Megaman, during the development of Brawl.

I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Microsoft has an exclusivity agreement on the original Mass Effect, so I would.

Characters I'd like to see added in playable form (both realistic and not)

- Amaterasu

I'd buy it just for that!!! And if they added Chibiterasu as well........ MAKE IT HAPPEN SAKURAI!!!

Also not too farfetched an idea for a possible playable character. Would be interesting to see how they implemented the Celestial Brush techniques (touch screens on both the 3DS and UPad could handle it in play). How they'd handle different weapons (like the rosary beads and swords as opposed to the flares) is tricky unless they put in a weapon customisation option for characters who use them.

Still, I really, really hope that character is included. Couldn't put in Shiranui otherwise it'd be a little unfair on everyone else :wink: Could use that for Amaterasu's Smash move though: get loads of praise, momentarily turn into the true sun god and pull off one of Shiranui's powerful brush strokes :heh: I'm going to be so disappointed when they start talking characters if she's not there...

Edited by Ganepark32

Honestly, they shouldn't cut Wolf, he's different enough from Fox. Falco is the one they should cut. Also Ness.

And buff Jigglypuff!

Characters I'd like to see:

-Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)

-Isaac/Matthew (Golden Sun)

-Sveta (Golden Sun)

-Hector (Fire Emblem)

-Lyn (Fire Emblem)

-One of the Laguz (Tibarn, Ranulf, Naesala, Nailah, Caineghis, etc.)

-Bring back Mewtwo!

-Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee

-Pokémon Trainer Blue

-Samurai Goroh

-Black Shadow (give him Ganondorf's current moveset, make a new one for Ganondorf himself)

-Ghirahim

-Waluigi

-Ridley

-Dark Samus

-Mii

-Mega Man

Microsoft has an exclusivity agreement on the original Mass Effect, so I would.

I wasn't aware of that. Is it certain that this isn't a time-limited deal? And what exactly does this exclusivity agreement include?

I see very little point in MS guarding this license after the next Xbox comes out, so I wouldn't be surprised if MS would try to sell that license to EA. Because from my understanding, it's just a publishing license, so MS can't make a remake of their own, nor can they make sequels or spinoffs.

Despite your claim, I'd still say that it's unlikely, rather than impossible. EA would probably have a strong desire to start remaking ME and sell it for the PS4 and Wii U. And on the other hand, I don't see the reason for MS to stubbornly hold on to a license that could be sold for a lot of money, but has zero value if it stays with MS.

Putting it simply, it should only be a question of whether EA think they'll earn back their money if they make a remake or port.

And even if we don't get ME1, we might get some other ME game. There's a gazilion possibilities.

You know another Non-Nintendo character I want? Ryo Hazuki.

shenmue_083002_23_640w.jpg

One thing I enjoyed in Melee and Brawl was the inclusion of Smash Taunts. Only available to Snake and the Star Fox characters, you could use a special taunt when playing as these characters on their respective stages.

With a Smash Taunt, Snake can communicate with other characters from the Metal Gear series!

I bring this up because after playing Kid Icarus: Uprising, I'd like Pit to join the Smash Taunts club. I'm sure Pit, Palutena and other Kid Icarus characters have plenty of entertaining things to say about the cast of Super Bash Sisters Super Smash Bros. =P

(Also include the Eggplant Wizard as an Assist Trophy and/or include the Eggplant Bomb, so we can turn our opponents into eggplants!)

Edited by Sprout

I'd say there's definitely a need for more characters from the Metroid universe, and usually Ridley becomes the obvious choice.

It's just the fact that he's so huge that he was indeed better suited as a boss instead of a playable character in Brawl. I can understand how including a character like Ridley into the playable roster can be a troublesome task.

He would probably have to be bigger than the biggest character around, say Bowser or DK. I'd say about the size of 4 bowsers in a square formation.

That's a problem, for it will make Ridley very susceptible to attacks. They could balance this with his moves, for example allowing him to fly away easily or have his damage not increase too quickly when attacked.

I'd also love to see Ridley included, but he's likely boss material at best. If the creators want to maintain some sort of reality anyway.

That leaves us with the 3 other Bounty Hunters from Prime 3:

The hunter Gandrayda

Gandrayda0.jpg

The hunter Ghor

335649-ghor_super.jpg

The hunter Rundas

335590-rundas0_super.jpg

They could also just throw in a Chozo or a Metroid and be done with it.

Oh fuck, how could I forget about ADAM MALKOVICH!

Get his sorry ass in there so that Samus her final smash can be some sort of inner monologue about how he used to beat here some kind of fierce :laughing:

*I can speculate hours on end about new characters*

Falco is the one they should cut.

*GAAAAAAAAAAAAASP* HELL NO! :weep:

Falco is cool and awesome and cool and awesome and I mastered him in the two previous Smash titles, in my eye's he's now a staple!

Just look at this guy!

FalcoBrawl.jpg

Characters I'd like to see:

-Isaac/Matthew (Golden Sun)

-Lyn (Fire Emblem)

-Ghirahim

-Waluigi

Some pretty good choices there! especially Lady Lyndis & Waluigi, Waluigi's assist trophy gave me an ass-kickin' at times, if he's in then it will add to the craziness that Wario brought to the table.

Edited by -Dem0-

Waluigi could have a Mario Sports/Party/Kart themed moveset. Would be interesting.

Speaking of Wario, he should have a Wario Land themed moveset. His current moveset was practically made out of thin air. And he's awkward to play, too.

So Kid Icarus got a set of cards...

What are the odds of the next Smash Bros getting a collectable set of AR Fighting Cards, or even collectable trophy figurines... which you can scan in to unlock things in the game.

I just think when we start getting into characters like Amaterasu (who I do love!) it waters down the "special guest" idea. If they did a Nintendo vs. Sega vs. Capcom game then yes, Amaterasu would be great! But I don't feel she's iconic enough to be a guest, and if you're going to get someone from Capcom, I just feel it'd have to be either Ryu or Megaman.

I do think Megaman should be in it, or Bomberman... I think they are characters who are associated almost as much with Nintendo as they are their own companies.

and if you're going to get someone from Capcom, I just feel it'd have to be either Ryu or Megaman.

scaled.php?server=204&filename=objectionfy8.gif&res=landing

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I know Mega Man is the most likely to get in Capcom wise, but I want Phoenix Wright moooore! =P

(And Level 5's Professor Layton, who I actually think has a chance.)

To me, Smash Bros. is about iconic videogame characters in a crossover fighting game. Whether they all belong to the same company or not is irrelevant, so I'm all for guest fighters (within reason, of course. The character should be able to exist in a cartoony environment. Snake managed to do it, at least)

Also, since we're on the subject, I'd love to see Nintendo vs. Capcom. The Street Fighter/Tekken crossover involves two separate games, one in the style of Street Fighter, the other one in the style of Tekken.

Nintendo vs. Capcom could involve a "Smash Bros." kind of game, and a "Capcom vs." kind of game.

Just another impossible dream to add to the list :heh:

I'd love to see Ganon be a character. Like proper Ganon.

Ganon_(Oracle_of_Ages_%26_Oracle_of_Seasons).png

Lets be friends! :D

What are the odds of the next Smash Bros getting a collectable set of AR Fighting Cards, or even collectable trophy figurines... which you can scan in to unlock things in the game.

The 10 year old in me is already excited by the Kid Icarus cards, this would push me over the edge.

It begins......

"As you noted, there is a certain dead end we come to if we just expand the volume of the game. I intend to change direction a little as we go. The key to that's going to be its dual support for 3DS/Wii U. I'm really just getting started on this so it's going to take time, but I'll come up with something that uses that link as the game's central axis, so I hope you're looking forward to it." - Masahiro Sakurai

So this integration between the WiiU & 3DS is going to be a BIG thing indeed. what do you think this 'Central axis' could be?

I can't wait for the days when we start hearing tiny tidbits of news and visit various websites and forums. I'm hoping for another SmashDojo!