NEurope
darksnowman

Super Smash Bros. 3DS / Wii U

I don't have 100% confirmation just yet, but my own speculation is 2am over here.

Imagine if we get a trailer at Miyamotos roundtable later on? (dies)

The game isn't even properly in development yet. No way we'll get a screenshot, much less a trailer.

Yeah they usually have a big announcement. Last year he announced Ocarina of Time 3ds. In 2006 it was Brawl.

The game isn't even properly in development yet. No way we'll get a screenshot, much less a trailer.

Quite. Wasn't the original 'announcement' actually the first Sakurai heard of it too or something? This game is far off, probably 2014 at least.

I'm glad Sakurai will be involved in the development. I'm also secretly revealed relieved that the game seems to be a quite a way off. It feels way too soon for another Super Smash Bros. game right now.

Where did all of these were stated?

Since Sakurai didn't want to make Brawl, I'm quite surprised he would do the next one.

And we can't know how far it is in developpement since Nintendo have been holding back on showing Wii U games (they will probably show more during the traditionnal autumn event).

So I am curious to see your sources (or maybe I just missed something during the announcement).

EDIT: Nevermind. Just rewatch the announcement. Missed the Sakurai part. Hope we won't see Krystal with a landmaster in the game.

I just can't come up with a character based game that Nintendo haven't taken characters from.

Golden sun, Wars series, Sin and Punishment, Punch-Out, Starfy, Custom Robo, the recent Xenoblade and Last Story,... (and Excite series with the frog bot from Excite Bots: not very likely but I don't feel it's impossible considering the track record of originality of the series for characters).

And there's also a good bunch of characters from already used series.

Edited by Deathborn

The only thing important to me is that they bring Roy back.

Precisely. And Mewtwo :D

Extra characters that I wouldn't mind seeing:

Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles

Travis Touchdown

Micahel Forde

Mega Man

Blood Falcon

Black Bull

Bowser Jr (powers-up to imposter Mario :D )

ll Pantissimo (Yeah-HurHurHurrr :laughing: )

Just to name a few...

I've always wanted Mask Link - that is young Link from MM with the Deku, Goron and Zora masks to transform into, I guess working similarly to the Pokemon Trainer. (Charizard = Goron, Ivysaur = Deku, Squirtle = Zora).

Ofcourse, his (uh, forgot the term) special move would be to transform into the Fierce Deity.

Edited by King_V

I just remembered: there was leftover info in SSBB of characters they didn't have time to add, right?

I remember Mewtwo was the most complete, but there was also Roy, Dixie Kong and Toon Zelda there. Though I do hope they don't bring Roy back, Fire Emblem has plenty of more interesting characters.

This game is MILES away!

E3 2011: Sakurai Talks Smash Bros. Wii 4

Sakurai talks about the very early in development Smash Bros. Wii U and why we shouldn't expect much news.

During Nintendo's press conference yesterday, Iwata officially announced that the next entry in the Super Smash Brothers series would make it's way to both the 3DS and Wii U. But after this quick announcement there we no more details, and for a good reason.

Sakurai has stated on his Twitter account the following:

"We really shouldn't have announced it for the general public at this timing, but since we have to assemble staff, we made the notice. The future will change depending on the strength of the gathered developers."

He also later said that development wont begin until development of Kid Icarus: Uprising is completed and the reasons why development will be on both titles would perhaps appear in a later Iwata Asks. Sakurai finally went on to say that he hasn't started thinking about what characters the game will include.

Stay with N-Europe and future updates from Sakurai as he gets ineterviewed from E3.

As far as 3rd Parties go, only Megaman is a must, I think.

THIS!

To this day i'm still gutted he didn't get put in Brawl yet Snake did. :(

The only thing important to me is that they bring Roy back.

Also this! :D

Surprised no ones mentioned the first bit of news about the game. That they don't want a bigger better brawl but something different, though they are starting with brawl and working with that. Character customisation on the 3DS, then transport them to the Wii u....

As long as they are completely different versions I'll be happy. Dint want a gimped Wii u version just so I can play against the 3DS. Connectivity would be fun. Swap characters unlocked, share stickers, trophies or whatever is in the game. I don't know how they would pd it, but taking screenshots/videos in the Wii u versions and you can view them in 3D on the 3DS.... that would be amazing :)

As for characters, I think fuck it. Just whack as many in as possible. Make it nintendo vs the world. Master chief, banjo, gears of war people, call of duty, Dracula, rayman, ryu etc etc.

Surprised no ones mentioned the first bit of news about the game. That they don't want a bigger better brawl but something different, though they are starting with brawl and working with that. Character customisation on the 3DS, then transport them to the Wii u....

As long as they are completely different versions I'll be happy. Dint want a gimped Wii u version just so I can play against the 3DS. Connectivity would be fun. Swap characters unlocked, share stickers, trophies or whatever is in the game. I don't know how they would pd it, but taking screenshots/videos in the Wii u versions and you can view them in 3D on the 3DS.... that would be amazing :)

As for characters, I think fuck it. Just whack as many in as possible. Make it nintendo vs the world. Master chief, banjo, gears of war people, call of duty, Dracula, rayman, ryu etc etc.

Nooooo, start with Melee and work with that!

Also, I personally didn't like Snake and Sonic in the game. I think I'd prefer they just stuck to including as many Nintendo characters as they can... I see Super Smash Bros as a celebration of everything Nintendo.

A game that includes characters from every developer could be a different franchise... if you could get them all to agree to it!... The first step towards a multiplatform console! :p

I thought Snake and Sonic were awesome in Brawl. Much better implemented than, say, Toon Link (who is a slightly modified clone), Ganondorf (who still needs his own moveset) or Jigglypuff (who lacks everything that made her fun in Melee)

There are still so many interesting characters who could make an appearance.

Just some from the top of my head: Doshin the Giant, Andross, Eggplant Wizzard, Dr. Kawashima, King Hippo, Geist/John Raimi or even Paper Mario (with his abilities from Super Paper Mario)

Zoroark is a must-have in this game

Well, if we're going for a character that mimics others, shouldn't Ditto be a better option?

I heard King K. Rool was going to be in Brawl but they decided upon King Dedede instead? I don't know how true this is but I'd have loved for him to have been in the game. Oh and Mewtwo, we need Mewtwo.

I wonder if we'll ever see a roster of, say, 80+ characters....

I'm certainly all for it, because there's really no argument against it except for balance; but I don't see how loads of characters, each with their own move set, can triumph over another player.

It's all about experience in Smash, so even an experienced Bowser could win from a semi-experienced Marth or Snake.

I wonder if we'll see polls or something as to determine which 3rd party characters we'd like to see in the game....

What I really hope for when it comes to the 3DS version, is a sort of RPG/Subspace Emissary experience.

Sakurai hinted at the 3DS being a different experience from regular Smash, so I'd like to see a fleshed out adventure with cross-references and the like in which you can earn the experience and customisation rights Sakurai talked about.

I've always wanted to see different NINTENDO characters (and 3rd parties) take on different genres, with an RPG being one of them.

------

I'm a guy who went to the biggest Smash Brothers tournament in the world in New York last year, and I can safely say that I don't give two fucks about the competitive elements in the game.

I went there with 2 active competitive Smash friends, who got past the 1st round. Me? I lost all my matches :laughing: Got to see New York though :)

So, once again Sakurai-san, make this the best SMASH ever!

If trophies make a return, I'd like to see more trophies from older games. The trophies in Brawl felt like one big ad for current games, and they seemed really lazy about making new 3D models. Animal Crossing had (what felt like) a hundred trophies, while Fire Emblem (which has been around since the NES) only had... five, I think? In Melee, I actually felt like the trophies celebrated Nintendo's history and they were a lot more fun to collect because of it.

But maybe that's just nostalgia talking.

If they put Sonic in again I'd love to see my idea for his specials moveset implemented.

Up + B = Electric Shield (Adds double jump ability and sparks)

Side + B = Flame Shield (Charges forwards, on fire)

Down + B = Water Shield (Forces downwards movement or bounces off of floor and launches up)

B = Spin Dash.

Or change D+B and B around. Whatever. Sonic 3 Sonic has so much potential! :D

The thing that really excites me about this is the opportunity for a robust online system. I'd love to be able to form clans, and then get those clans to fight other clans online, then have a leaderboard and everything.

Really, there's such a broad opportunity for good online here.

i want them to do something different with this one,

like more moves,

as an example for link to use different arrows like fire ice and light arows,

and use special powers like in ocarina of time dins fire wich wil blast away would be awesome, and to charge your sword,

for young link i want the 4 different masks transformation, zora link deku link goron link and the Oni link, that would be so cool,

for mario they can also do some transformation moves, like Super mario with the came, wich makes him faster and makes him fly a bit, or the Metal suit wich makes him stronger but slower, etc

for luigi, they should make him more scared and funny, i love luigi when he is like that makes him fun to play with,

for the pokemon trainer i want something different, that you can choose from 8 or 10 pokemon, and select your own team like that and fight with 3 pokemon with that u can come up with your own strategy,

they have to make ganondorf this time more stronger like a real villain to shoot something out of his hands, and the ability to fight with your sword or without,

and maybe a cool move that he can summon a villain or maybe an ability to turn into something else and fight in that way,

same for the golden sun character i really want that on in it, dont care what moves they give him lol,

i want the new villain from zelda skyward sword in it also,

a bigger character roster, with more heroes and villains

a better adventure story mode, i loved the story from brawl, the dramatic cutscenes i loved it,

i want lots of downloadable content like costumes and characters, then u leave the choice to the players if they want extra characters or not,

like brawl lots of minigames, multiplayer and a spectator mode, like they have done in the new mortal kombat a king of the hill mode,

and with the controller a wider possibility to create your own stages in a more advanced way,

and maybe just maybe the ability to create your own character

from third party characters i want, sonic make a return with one more from the sonic series,

i want snake and ninja raiden,

i really want cloud from final fantasy in the game, fighting with link lol

and maybe the villain sephiroth also, but hey thats just me

The thing that really excites me about this is the opportunity for a robust online system. I'd love to be able to form clans, and then get those clans to fight other clans online, then have a leaderboard and everything.

Really, there's such a broad opportunity for good online here.

I can't think of people who aren't in it that I'd want in it, besides Mewtwo returning and Spiderman :)

I'd like to see Ridley (look at the Melee intro - he's not too big in that) and Krystal* in it. I also want Toon Link and Gannondorf to have unique movesets.

One thing I've really wanted from Smash Bros. is to have alternate models for most of the characters. The alternate models will be based on similar/alternate versions of the characters but have exactly the same moveset as the main characters.

Such have having different suits as Samus, lots of different Mario suits, Daisy/Roselina for Peach, Waluigi for Luigi. I'd want them to go completely wild with it and have lots and lots of options.

*It's not so much the character, but the Staff would make for a brilliant moveset.